Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Thomas Edison State University Student Named as an ACE "Student of the Year"
Thought this was kind of cool.

Maybe they're a forum member Big Grin

Thomas Edison State University Student Named as an American Council on Education "Student of the Year"
Quote:TRENTON, N.J. – A Thomas Edison State University student who has overcome depression and homelessness has recently been named a 2017 ‘Student of the Year’ by the American Council on Education (ACE).

LaMarr A. Smith, of Buffalo, N.Y., is a student in the university’s School of Business and Management where he is pursuing a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration degree.

“I am both excited and grateful to have been chosen as ACE's ‘Student of the Year,” Smith said. “I consider this recognition a high point in my life and am thankful to the ACE organization for seeing their ideals in me. I am also appreciative to the university for allowing me the flexibility to complete my degree as an adult learner. I’m thrilled to be part of such a great institution.”

ACE’s ‘Student of the Year’ award is presented annually to an adult learner who has benefited from the use of ACE credit recommendations to earn a college degree or advance a career. To date, Smith has accumulated more than 100 college credits for workplace training toward his bachelor’s degree using ACE’s College Credit Recommendation Service (CREDIT).

“We are proud of LaMarr for his outstanding accomplishments and honored that he has been recognized by ACE as one of their ‘Students of the Year,’” said Merodie A. Hancock, PhD, president of Thomas Edison State University. “Through his commitment to furthering his education, LaMarr is an excellent example to other nontraditional, adult students that they can realize their academic goals while continuing on with their busy lives.”

Smith, who had difficulty finishing community college and later dropped out, is now scheduled to be the first member of his family to graduate from college.

He accepted his award at ACE’s annual conference on March 13 in Washington, D.C. Smith is also the recipient of a $1,000 scholarship from the organization to continue his studies.

https://www.tesu.edu/campusuite25/module...rp_id=7110
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
[-] The following 8 users Like jsd's post:
  • 2L8, burbuja0512, leland.kirk, Life Long Learning, Muldoon, Nixi, originalamyj, Toastmaster
Very nice. Thank you for sharing this.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

Wonderful! I wonder if he is a member here?..... Smile
Community College: College Success Skills | Gen. Psychology | Span 1 | Eng. 101 | Accounting 1 | Accounting 2 | Comp Skills

Study.com Scholarship: Per. Finance | Prin. of Marketing | Digi. Mark. & Advertising | HR Manage. | Prin. of Finance

The Institutes: Ethics

Sophia: Proj. Management

Straighterline:​ Survey of World History | Principles of Management | MacroEco. | MicroEco. | American Gov | US History 1 | US History 2 | Western Civ 1 | Western Civ 2 | Business Law | Intro to Religion | Cultural Anthropology | Intro to Environ. Science | Intro to Soc

ALEKS: Inter. Algebra | College Algebra | Intro to Stats

TEEX: Cyber 101 | Cyber 201 | Cyber 301

NFA: Fire Service Supervision: Self Study

Certified: Six Sigma Yellow Belt [8 PDU]
Actually, yes, he is!

Read the TESU summer 2018 Invention Magazine here!

https://www.tesu.edu/current-students/invention
Community College: College Success Skills | Gen. Psychology | Span 1 | Eng. 101 | Accounting 1 | Accounting 2 | Comp Skills

Study.com Scholarship: Per. Finance | Prin. of Marketing | Digi. Mark. & Advertising | HR Manage. | Prin. of Finance

Straighterline:​ Survey of World History | Principles of Management | MacroEco. | MicroEco. | American Gov | US History 1 | US History 2 | Western Civ 1 | Western Civ 2 | Business Law | Intro to Religion | Cultural Anthropology | Intro to Environ. Science | Intro to Soc

[-] The following 4 users Like Toastmaster's post:
  • alexf.1990, jsd, Life Long Learning, Nixi
Great to see some follow up here! Congrats to one of our own!

We should start a DF Alumni Network Big Grin
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
[-] The following 3 users Like jsd's post:
  • dfrecore, MSK9, Toastmaster
Thank you for sharing!
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4
That would be awesome! It would be great to see who else have passed through these "doors"!

(10-13-2018, 01:21 AM)jsd Wrote: Great to see some follow up here! Congrats to one of our own!

We should start a DF Alumni Network Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HAPPY NEW YEAR 2024!!! LevelUP 2 432 01-01-2024, 09:10 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  Happy Holidays and New Year 2022! bjcheung77 7 985 12-25-2023, 09:03 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  For Sale: Young Online University in California bjcheung77 19 2,458 09-26-2023, 10:18 AM
Last Post: elcastor21
  Abide University Honorary Doctors Degree bjcheung77 0 572 07-07-2023, 02:17 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Having a dilemma about University Personherebb9 12 1,888 06-07-2023, 06:09 PM
Last Post: IReallyNeedADegree
  Biden Administration's Student Loan Debt Plan Masterthread ashkir 47 4,603 04-20-2023, 02:52 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  NPR Labeled "State-Affiliated" by Twitter LevelUP 6 784 04-10-2023, 11:34 PM
Last Post: upgrayedd
  Study.Com student or teacher login? acamp 6 765 03-29-2023, 06:27 AM
Last Post: acamp
  HAPPY NEW YEAR 2023!!! LevelUP 3 1,980 01-11-2023, 02:23 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  What is the difference between College and University (USA) Personherebb9 8 1,309 12-29-2022, 05:39 PM
Last Post: dfrecore