Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts for a new high school graduate?
(05-28-2023, 11:32 AM)savvyg Wrote: Hello All,

I've been working on a degree plan, but I'm sure you have some good thoughts for me. How does this look so far? Questions off the top of my head are..
Will the theater classes from Bakersfield College work as the electives for TESU?
Should I take a few more TESU classes to have the cheaper tuition? If so, which ones?
Do I have the right amount of LL vs UL? I'm still a bit confused about that.
Do you have a good game plan for making the most use out of my time with study.com and sophia.org?
Any other thoughts?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...sp=sharing

Thank you so much for your help!

Here's what you need for the Core & AoS:

The CSM Course

Sophia
Core
Financial Accounting
Business Law
Intro to IT
Principles of Management
Macroeconomics
Microeconomics
Intro to Statistics

Study.com
Core - need 1 UL course here
ACC 102: Intro to Managerial Accounting
BUS 102: Principles of Marketing
FIN 101: Principles of Finance (UL)
BUS 120: International Business
BUS 113: Business Communication
AoS - need 4 UL courses here
REQUIRED BUS 121: Intro to Entrepreneurship
REQUIRED MARK 301: Marketing Research (UL)
REQUIRED FIN 306: Small Business Finance (UL)
ELECTIVE BUS 106: Human Resource Management
ELECTIVE BUS 309: Digital Marketing & Advertising (UL)
ELECTIVE BUS 315: Logistics and Supply Chain Management (UL)

Then everything else you take at college will go into Free Electives.  I already listed what you need for the GE in a previous post.

FYI - InstantCert is no more, so you should take that course at SDC.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(05-28-2023, 11:57 AM)dfrecore Wrote:
(05-28-2023, 11:32 AM)savvyg Wrote: Hello All,

I've been working on a degree plan, but I'm sure you have some good thoughts for me. How does this look so far? Questions off the top of my head are..
Will the theater classes from Bakersfield College work as the electives for TESU?
Should I take a few more TESU classes to have the cheaper tuition? If so, which ones?
Do I have the right amount of LL vs UL? I'm still a bit confused about that.
Do you have a good game plan for making the most use out of my time with study.com and sophia.org?
Any other thoughts?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...sp=sharing

Thank you so much for your help!

Here's what you need for the Core & AoS:

The CSM Course

Sophia
Core
Financial Accounting
Business Law
Intro to IT
Principles of Management
Macroeconomics
Microeconomics
Intro to Statistics

Study.com

Then everything else you take at college will go into Free Electives.  I already listed what you need for the GE in a previous post.

Do you have the numbers for the Intro to IT course? I just want to find it on this page

Which courses are these for as I don't show them on my major list.:

• BUS 120: International Business -  It looks like it is equivalent to "MAN-271 International Business and Management"
  • BUS 113: Business Communication - It looks like it is equivalent to "COM-202 Introduction to Business Communications"
Also, in the previous info, you mentioned, "5 UL courses in Humanities or SocSciences" - Do the business classes qualify for that or do I need to come up with something else from what's on my degree plan?
(05-28-2023, 02:40 PM)savvyg Wrote:
(05-28-2023, 11:57 AM)dfrecore Wrote: Here's what you need for the Core & AoS:

The CSM Course

Sophia
Core
Financial Accounting
Business Law
Intro to IT
Principles of Management
Macroeconomics
Microeconomics
Intro to Statistics

Study.com

Do you have the numbers for the Intro to IT course? I just want to find it on this page

Which courses are these for as I don't show them on my major list.:

• BUS 120: International Business -  It looks like it is equivalent to "MAN-271 International Business and Management"
  • BUS 113: Business Communication - It looks like it is equivalent to "COM-202 Introduction to Business Communications"
Also, in the previous info, you mentioned, "5 UL courses in Humanities or SocSciences" - Do the business classes qualify for that or do I need to come up with something else from what's on my degree plan?

Be aware that TESU does not list everything you can take, just what they offer.  So you can't go by their website.  We know what will work, having done this for YEARS.

Intro to IT comes in as CIS-110, and will work as your computer course.

The other 2 courses you are asking about will work in the core.

In my previous post, I did not know you were going for the BSBA, I thought it was the BALS; so my previous info on the AoS does not apply to the BSBA.
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
@savvyg, I see you took the advice to go for the BSBA Entrepreneurship, are you going for the 16 credits residency or are you thinking of paying the residency waiver fee? If you're thinking of taking 16 credits residency, since you're at such a young age, you may want to add that secondary BALS with the NSM I mentioned earlier, these can be from Bio to Comp Sci, to Evolution, to Zoology... BTW, for the BALS degree at TESU, you only need 18 UL credits for the degree, the capstone and 15 for the NSM Concentration.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(05-28-2023, 06:27 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: @savvyg, I see you took the advice to go for the BSBA Entrepreneurship, are you going for the 16 credits residency or are you thinking of paying the residency waiver fee?  If you're thinking of taking 16 credits residency, since you're at such a young age, you may want to add that secondary BALS with the NSM I mentioned earlier, these can be from Bio to Comp Sci, to Evolution, to Zoology...  BTW, for the BALS degree at TESU, you only need 18 UL credits for the degree, the capstone and 15 for the NSM Concentration.

I was considering the 16 credits, but I don't know which classes are the best to take from TESU. Do you have any good advice for that? And when looking at my degree plan, what changes would you make to do the double degree?
(05-28-2023, 07:57 PM)savvyg Wrote:
(05-28-2023, 06:27 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: @savvyg, I see you took the advice to go for the BSBA Entrepreneurship, are you going for the 16 credits residency or are you thinking of paying the residency waiver fee?  If you're thinking of taking 16 credits residency, since you're at such a young age, you may want to add that secondary BALS with the NSM I mentioned earlier, these can be from Bio to Comp Sci, to Evolution, to Zoology...  BTW, for the BALS degree at TESU, you only need 18 UL credits for the degree, the capstone and 15 for the NSM Concentration.

I was considering the 16 credits, but I don't know which classes are the best to take from TESU. Do you have any good advice for that? And when looking at my degree plan, what changes would you make to do the double degree?

A double degree would be a LOT more work, and I'm not sure why you would do this.  It's a generic degree, and you'd need courses you haven't already taken, and don't plan on taking, so I'm not seeing the point here.  15cr of UL extra, 15cr of additional science and math, 2 capstones in a single term (yikes).  This is a ton of extra work, like an additional 6+ months, and I don't think you stated that you were really interested in this.

If I were you, I would stick with the BSBA/Entre degree.  That, in addition to the AAS in Theater you're planning on getting is plenty.  There's really no reason to get anything else, a BSBA is a very good degree and you should be fine with it.
[-] The following 3 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • davewill, origamishuttle, savvyg
(05-28-2023, 08:08 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(05-28-2023, 07:57 PM)savvyg Wrote:

A double degree would be a LOT more work, and I'm not sure why you would do this.  It's a generic degree, and you'd need courses you haven't already taken, and don't plan on taking, so I'm not seeing the point here.  15cr of UL extra, 15cr of additional science and math, 2 capstones in a single term (yikes).  This is a ton of extra work, like an additional 6+ months, and I don't think you stated that you were really interested in this.

If I were you, I would stick with the BSBA/Entre degree.  That, in addition to the AAS in Theater you're planning on getting is plenty.  There's really no reason to get anything else, a BSBA is a very good degree and you should be fine with it.

Thank you. That's why I was asking what changes. If it was just a couple things, I might consider it, but yes, I have no desire for all that. The degree itself is already "extra" for me. Maybe some day I'll get a master's in something, but this would be good for me for now. Thank you!
Yooooo! A Bakersfield homie! I'm from Bakersfield! Have you talked to a financial advisor counselor at Bakersfield College yet? You might be able to get Cal Grant B or utilize a local assistance for college there. You can also utilize JJ's Legacy or other organizations like this in Bakersfield including Valley Strong to help your parents pay for your associates. While you won't accelerate immediately but you will get to experience the college life a bit. You're young and you should enjoy this time!

If you're 20 by the time you finish your associates, you can go straight to UMPI. But, honestly, depending how long it takes you to finish your associates can be a big difference. TESU may be your best shot.
[-] The following 2 users Like ashkir's post:
  • origamishuttle, savvyg
(05-20-2023, 04:06 PM)savvyg Wrote: Your Location: California

Your Age: 18
What kind of degree do you want?: Bachelor, but open to the field of study.

Congratulations on your impending commencement. 

NB. This is a beginning. Not an end.

My stock advice to you - is to network! network! network! Are you having conversations with people who have already achieved the station in life that you hope to achieve. Ask: Are academic credentials essential to get to where you want to be? Are there other, perhaps even better, paths to get you to where you want to be?

Wishing you the best in all of your future adventures..
Chief Petty Officer
United States Navy (Retired)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Going back to school at 29 for CS with only freshman year of college completed RejuvenationOclock 8 652 04-10-2024, 11:40 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  DBA degree: online, 2-3 years, top US or UK school, accredited absamer 23 1,763 04-01-2024, 02:57 AM
Last Post: quanticmba
  Thoughts on path to BA for drug/alcohol counselors studyingfortests 10 373 03-30-2024, 01:50 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Graduate TAMUC>UMPI graduatemore 7 573 03-21-2024, 09:14 PM
  Feedback on Paris Business School absamer 5 327 03-12-2024, 06:23 PM
  I finished my degree but still need 26 credits to graduate??? jesssem 8 601 02-26-2024, 12:04 PM
Last Post: davewill
Question My degree plan for TESU BA in CS; thoughts/recs? bruh 65 6,238 01-11-2024, 06:41 PM
  Advice Needed - Competency-based graduate degrees that allow acceleration priceaction 14 799 01-02-2024, 09:36 PM
  Help finding a school and degree plan bleedingpurple 39 3,458 12-29-2023, 12:14 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Hi! Prospective law school student. Need 30-ish credits to graduate within 6 months. CaughtInTheRye12 23 1,780 12-28-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: CaughtInTheRye12