Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Todd Siben has retired
TESU Portfolio-ers...

Just tried emailing Mr. Siben on a topic. Here is the response:

Quote:Thank you for your note.  I have retired from Thomas Edison State University as of June 30th.  If you are a portfolio student in need of assistance please contact PLAWeb@tesu.edu.  If you have general questions, contact the Office of Learner Support at 1-888-442-8372 or lsc@tesu.edu.  If you are a friend, please find me on LinkedIn or Facebook and reach out to me. 
[size=undefined]

This was an autoresponder email.

Hm.
[/size]
Angel 
Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies Thomas Edison State University 2018
Cert in Emergency Management -
Three Rivers CC 2017
Cert in Basic Police Ed - Walters State CC 1996

Current Goal: new job
Working on: securing funding I don't have to pay back for a Masters.
Up Next: Toying with Masters Programs
Finished: First Degree

Older Experience with: PLA / Portfolios, RPNow, Proctor U, ACE, NCCRS, DAVAR Academy (formerly Tor), Straighterline, TESU, Ed4Credit, Study.com, The Institutes, Kaplan, ALEKS, FEMA IS, NFA IS, brick & mortar community colleges, LOTS of vocational schools...

My list of academic courses:
link

[-] The following 1 user Likes High_Order1's post:
  • Joeman200
Sanantone would say that's a good thing. I don't know, I've not done a PLA with TESU yet and don't want to either in the future.
Heard he's a "good fellow" and some stories he's "not"... it all depends, I hope your PLA goes well without him, actually; it may be better without him so he doesn't restrict your options.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
The dude regularly gave information to us that his supervisor would have to correct, and he was openly hostile to alternative credit folks even though he worked in the PLA department. It's great news that he's out.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
Thanks for sharing this info!
TESU BA in Criminal Justice, 2018
TRCC Emergency Management Certificate, 2018
It's interesting how he "retired" soon after I raked him over the coals in the multiple complaints I submitted against TESU.

People put up with his abuse for way too long. Someone should have submitted a complaint years ago.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
[-] The following 1 user Likes sanantone's post:
  • jsd
I'm just glad I never had to deal with him... Probably because I just submitted my portfolios without asking questions. The PLA courses answered all I needed to know about creating them.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
(09-15-2017, 06:47 PM)sanantone Wrote: It's interesting how he "retired" soon after I raked him over the coals in the multiple complaints I submitted against TESU.

People put up with his abuse for way too long. Someone should have submitted a complaint years ago.

You weren't the only one this year...

(09-15-2017, 11:27 PM)davewill Wrote: I'm just glad I never had to deal with him... Probably because I just submitted my portfolios without asking questions. The PLA courses answered all I needed to know about creating them.

Hm.

I was assigned to him in PLA200. I had to submit to him, he had to approve (which, he didn't, but we got it worked out), and return my intent form.
Angel 
Three Rivers CC 2017

Older Experience with: PLA / Portfolios, RPNow, Proctor U, ACE, NCCRS, DAVAR Academy (formerly Tor), Straighterline, TESU, Ed4Credit, Study.com, The Institutes, Kaplan, ALEKS, FEMA IS, NFA IS, brick & mortar community colleges, LOTS of vocational schools...

link

(09-16-2017, 06:39 AM)High_Order1 Wrote:
(09-15-2017, 06:47 PM)sanantone Wrote: It's interesting how he "retired" soon after I raked him over the coals in the multiple complaints I submitted against TESU.

You weren't the only one this year...

(09-15-2017, 11:27 PM)davewill Wrote: I'm just glad I never had to deal with him... Probably because I just submitted my portfolios without asking questions. The PLA courses answered all I needed to know about creating them.

Hm.

I was assigned to him in PLA200. I had to submit to him, he had to approve (which, he didn't, but we got it worked out), and return my intent form.

That's good if others also submitted complaints. Whenever multiple people are having a problem with an employee, they should all complain because it demonstrates a pattern of behavior.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
My few contacts with Mr. Siben were actually a positive experience. I even liked his articles.

My perception and opinion about him is very high.

I still profit from his advice.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ronaldemail1's post:
  • High_Order1
So

This is weird.

NEVER associated this account with my FB account, and haven't discussed it anywhere but here. Check out this directed ad:

.jpg   wow.JPG (Size: 22.32 KB / Downloads: 16)
Angel 
Three Rivers CC 2017

link

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DSST Exams To Be Retired AngelaP 2 609 12-08-2014, 12:59 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  TESC Retired Engineering Tech Degrees hahtjh 4 715 07-29-2012, 03:24 PM
Last Post: semaj68651