Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Took 6 Sophia Learning Courses in 2 months and passed them all, listing my thoughts
Full time students can enroll in 5 to 6 classes in one semester, this is especially true for foreign students who cannot register part time. So it is not uncommon to complete 6 courses in a short period of time. Especially if you are used to a harder study rigor.
[-] The following 2 users Like Lacedonia4's post:
  • rachel83az, ss20ts
(05-11-2020, 01:30 PM)ARhead Wrote: I actually also had a really hard time with that ethics course, to the point I just stopped doing it.

Ditto - Sophia's ethics course has a philosophical slant that is too much theory and not enough "practical application" for me. I'm sure given a month or two I could have slogged through it. instead, I switched to SDC and completed their ethics course in 9 days with relative ease. Different people just learn in different ways.
WGU MBA 2022
WGU BSBA IT Management 2021
I'm done with school for a while. Time to go make some $ now!

I really wish people who have been registered here for a matter of months would stop telling everyone about what they think, and instead start listening to what the folks who have been here for years already know. We've all seen it happen, administrators have been here to tell us how it happens.

Learn some decorum. You're supposed to be college educated grownups.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
[-] The following 3 users Like jsd's post:
  • a4tunatemom, ARhead, Tedium
(05-26-2020, 02:03 AM)jsd Wrote: I really wish people who have been registered here for a matter of months would stop telling everyone about what they think, and instead start listening to what the folks who have been here for years already know. We've all seen it happen, administrators have been here to tell us how it happens.

Learn some decorum. You're supposed to be college educated grownups.

This is a discussion board.  So newer members shouldn't have an opinion?  Not everyone has been registered here for "years" and already know everything there is to know.
WGU MBA 2022
WGU BSBA IT Management 2021
I'm done with school for a while. Time to go make some $ now!

People are welcome to their opinion. If they express it and are told by multiple people with more knowledge that they are wrong and their actions are doing more harm than good, maybe they should reconsider instead of doubling down.

People are welcome to their own opinion, but they should really strive towards being informed before forming their opinion.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
[-] The following 3 users Like jsd's post:
  • a4tunatemom, ARhead, Tedium
(05-26-2020, 02:00 AM)GizmoJack Wrote:
(05-11-2020, 01:30 PM)ARhead Wrote: I actually also had a really hard time with that ethics course, to the point I just stopped doing it.

Ditto - Sophia's ethics course has a philosophical slant that is too much theory and not enough "practical application" for me. I'm sure given a month or two I could have slogged through it. instead, I switched to SDC and completed their ethics course in 9 days with relative ease. Different people just learn in different ways.

This is good to know! Thank you. I was planning on taking the ethics course with Sophia next month. Now I will probably just take it over on SDC. Philosophy is Not my jam. Tried it once in college years ago and bombed. I also don't have a month or two to take these classes. I need to get the gen eds I need done with.
(05-26-2020, 09:42 AM)ss20ts Wrote:
(05-26-2020, 02:00 AM)GizmoJack Wrote:

This is good to know! Thank you. I was planning on taking the ethics course with Sophia next month. Now I will probably just take it over on SDC. Philosophy is Not my jam. Tried it once in college years ago and bombed. I also don't have a month or two to take these classes. I need to get the gen eds I need done with.

Just give it a shot while it's free. I found it to be pretty straightforward. It's mostly ABC person believes in DEF code of ethics and then it'll ask you to match up the person with the flavor of ethics. As with most sophia courses, the intro doesn't really match the rest of the course so try to get to the second section (or just start there) and see if you like it.  It's free, so nothing to lose but a couple hours while you test it out.
[-] The following 2 users Like lillingworth's post:
  • ss20ts, Tedium
(05-26-2020, 09:37 PM)lillingworth Wrote: Just give it a shot while it's free. I found it to be pretty straightforward. It's mostly ABC person believes in DEF code of ethics and then it'll ask you to match up the person with the flavor of ethics. As with most sophia courses, the intro doesn't really match the rest of the course so try to get to the second section (or just start there) and see if you like it.  It's free, so nothing to lose but a couple hours while you test it out.

I'm not sure about the introductions, I never watched them. But the rest of this post is spot on.
(05-27-2020, 08:33 AM)ctcarl Wrote:
(05-26-2020, 09:37 PM)lillingworth Wrote: Just give it a shot while it's free. I found it to be pretty straightforward. It's mostly ABC person believes in DEF code of ethics and then it'll ask you to match up the person with the flavor of ethics. As with most sophia courses, the intro doesn't really match the rest of the course so try to get to the second section (or just start there) and see if you like it.  It's free, so nothing to lose but a couple hours while you test it out.

I'm not sure about the introductions, I never watched them.  But the rest of this post is spot on.

Sorry, I probably didn't word that very well. By intro I meant the first couple of challenges. For example, The first part of Ethics is Philosophy. The first part of US History 2 is actually about historiography, bias, etc. I've run into a few courses that have this issue but at least it's not all of them.
Goal: Anything. Just need the paper. 
In Progress: last few 300-400 level, Am Gov
Complete: [Sophia]: CSMLearn, TEEX DI, Art History 2, English Comp 2, Sociology, Ethics, Project Management, Human Bio, US Hist2, Intro to Business, Microeconomics, Accounting, Finance, Greek Phil, Stats, Conflict Res (1CR), Visual Comm, Dev Effective Teams,  [SL]: Bus Law [ALEKS]: Intermediate Algebra [Institutes]: Ethics [CLEP]: Western Civ I [Murrray State University]: 5CR: MAT130 MAT230 4CR: GSC199 ENG105 CHE101 ITD107 PHY130/131 3CR: COM161 MAT117 ART121 HIS221 PSY180 CHN101 RGS200 CSC199 CET284 ECO230 JPN350 RES132 THD104 1CR: IDC199 MSU099

Think of ethics like morality.

In terms of how it applies the world and yourself is that by having a code of ethical behavior, it helps to establish trust. That trust means that people are more likely to interact and do business with you.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Recent Sophia.org Membership Code bjcheung77 101 52,494 03-27-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: awildstudentappeared
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 7 388 03-23-2024, 03:16 AM
Last Post: Kab
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,761 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Non-course equivalency at TESU for Sophia Principles of Finance? Yenisei 7 281 03-18-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 7 6,804 03-16-2024, 06:45 PM
  How to get ACE credits such as Sophia on official college transcript Student3452 18 4,878 03-08-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: Gumbeaux
Information New Sophia Courses: College Math and Chemistry MNomadic 67 10,410 03-07-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Westslope Cutthroat
  TEEX Cyber Security Courses / non US residents BritStudent 6 547 03-03-2024, 02:15 AM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  Sophia | US Government bradonomics 3 607 03-01-2024, 09:13 PM
  Sophia - Managerial Accounting and Lifespan chentastic 36 3,974 02-28-2024, 09:41 AM
Last Post: vaticidalprophet