Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Took microeconomics clep today
Passed with a 69!!! Big Grin

IMO, it was definitely harder and the questions were trickier than the macroeconomics. I got a 76 on the macro and was done in about an hour. With the micro I went right to the final minute and was a little nervous pressing that proceed button.

As far as advice goes, the Peterson's tests really helped me a bunch and I took the 'official' one from the clep book as well. The questsions from instantcert was also very helpful. I'd also add that the Economics text book by samuelson really was critical for me getting my brain around the content in both tests. I didn't necessarily read every page word for word but I think it would have been hard to get a 76 and 69 by just doing the questions and study guides.

Good luck to everyone!
Well done...
Back2School Wrote:Passed with a 69!!! Big Grin

IMO, it was definitely harder and the questions were trickier than the macroeconomics. I got a 76 on the macro and was done in about an hour. With the micro I went right to the final minute and was a little nervous pressing that proceed button.

As far as advice goes, the Peterson's tests really helped me a bunch and I took the 'official' one from the clep book as well. The questsions from instantcert was also very helpful. I'd also add that the Economics text book by samuelson really was critical for me getting my brain around the content in both tests. I didn't necessarily read every page word for word but I think it would have been hard to get a 76 and 69 by just doing the questions and study guides.

Good luck to everyone!

CONGRATULATIONS on passing the test! I am taking Macroeconomics this coming Monday....do you remember any areas they focused on more than others? How about with Microecon?

I'm happy for you that you have both of these DONE! I wish I could say the same, but the studying continues.... :p

Good luck with all of your other tests!
BS - General Business - June 2007
Excelsior College
Kiwi Lover Wrote:CONGRATULATIONS on passing the test! I am taking Macroeconomics this coming Monday....do you remember any areas they focused on more than others? How about with Microecon?

I'm happy for you that you have both of these DONE! I wish I could say the same, but the studying continues.... :p

Good luck with all of your other tests!

Macroeconomics was very broad on the clep test. In general I think the macro test was easier. I think I knew the micro material quite well going in but the questions were quite tough. The macro questions seemed to be a bit more straight forward.

This is an extremely good resource that definitely helped me.

http://ingrimayne.com/econ/TOC.html

Monday is pretty short time so I don't know how much time you'll have to study it, but I would say to try and take all the quizzes and if you have trouble you may want to study some of the sections or perhaps postpone the test until you feel comfortable with all the material in the macro economic links.

Also, make sure you can do well on these quizzes:

http://college.hmco.com/economics/boyes/...index.html

The Peterson's practice tests I think are the closest to the real thing. They are very, very good and worth the $20 IMO.
Excellent info Back2School!

Thank you,
Snazzlefrag
My name is Rob

Total Credits: 142 (12 not used).
[SIZE=1]GPA: 4.0
[/SIZE]
Back2School Wrote:Passed with a 69!!! Big Grin

!

[SIZE="5"]Fantastic Job - It's one tough exam!![/SIZE]
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
Back2School Wrote:The Peterson's practice tests I think are the closest to the real thing. They are very, very good and worth the $20 IMO.
Peterson's practice tests are available free here. Use this link to take the CLEP exams free, no "activation code" necessary (for now).

Also the Peterson's CLEP book and DSST Official guide... click on "Read Book Now" button on both pages. Don't try to take the practice tests on these pages, as they require that annoying activation code.

Just are-post for those who didn't already know. Big Grin
[SIZE="1"]Ana
[COLOR="DarkRed"]96 credits completed (93 by exam)
BS in General Business, Excelsior College (33 credits remaining)
Next exams: DSST Statistics, DSST Business Law 2
Recently taken: DSST Drug/Alcohol (61), CLEP French (63), ECE Gerontology (B Sad), DSST MIS (65), DSST Counseling (54), DSST Ethics (63)[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Thanks for the study guide tips - I really appreciate the info! I have been studying off and on for about 3 weeks for the Macroecon test, so I feel pretty well prepared now. But's Sunday afternoon, so I still have time to try out those practice quizzes you mentioned.

I'll post sometime Monday after I take the exam to give others some specific tips on what to make sure to know.

I'm fighting the flu, though, so I'm hoping I stay strong enough to at least get this exam out of the way. :eek:

Thanks again for your help!!hilarious
BS - General Business - June 2007
Excelsior College
Kiwi Lover Wrote:Thanks for the study guide tips - I really appreciate the info! I have been studying off and on for about 3 weeks for the Macroecon test, so I feel pretty well prepared now. But's Sunday afternoon, so I still have time to try out those practice quizzes you mentioned.

I'll post sometime Monday after I take the exam to give others some specific tips on what to make sure to know.

I'm fighting the flu, though, so I'm hoping I stay strong enough to at least get this exam out of the way. :eek:

Thanks again for your help!!hilarious

Aaaw,

Sorry to hear you're not feeling well Kiwi.

I hope you feel better tomorrow. Get plenty of rest tonight if you can.

Best of luck,
Snazzlefrag
My name is Rob

Total Credits: 142 (12 not used).
[SIZE=1]GPA: 4.0
[/SIZE]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AP, CLEP, IB, vs others - Comparison/Example bjcheung77 0 474 08-11-2023, 12:12 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  AP, CLEP, etc - Credit Banking on Credly bjcheung77 2 1,802 09-02-2022, 12:16 PM
Last Post: vintage_jacket
  combine CLEP & ACTFL? defmo 5 830 08-05-2022, 08:58 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  English 2 CLEP Jennr2z 6 1,262 05-25-2022, 10:02 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Stressed & Depressed - today’s high school students Vle045 8 1,052 12-09-2021, 08:40 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Prep for College Composition with Essay CLEP ? abs_co 3 1,620 11-11-2021, 07:39 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
Big Grin CLEP US HISTORY II Advice basol007 2 1,253 03-14-2021, 02:14 PM
Last Post: basol007
  need to find credits by testing like Clep - but Clep is not available where I live - esh 3 1,207 01-31-2021, 07:49 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Study material Clep English composition modular Collegelady2 16 4,088 08-18-2020, 10:20 PM
Last Post: mrskitty
  Which degrees accept the most CLEP type tests? Sorbik 5 2,255 08-01-2020, 08:27 AM
Last Post: nomaduser