Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Total Cost Utilizing Sophia & Study.com
Hey all!

I'm fairly new to all of us so apologies in advance if my questions sound slightly over simplified. I'm in the process of putting together a plan to get my international business degree. How much would this cost me in total at TESU by utilizing Sophia and Study.com while obviously taking the capstone at TESU? I know Im able to take 70+ credits at Sophia and finish out the rest minus capstone at Study.com.

How much would this cost me in total and assuming my knowledge base is mostly already there and Im a quick learner, how long could could this take me if I commit a good majority of my day full time to the plan?

Thanks so much!
Ed
(01-25-2021, 09:42 PM)edwardtheprogseoul Wrote: Hey all!

I'm fairly new to all of us so apologies in advance if my questions sound slightly over simplified. I'm in the process of putting together a plan to get my international business degree. How much would this cost me in total at TESU by utilizing Sophia and Study.com while obviously taking the capstone at TESU? I know Im able to take 70+ credits at Sophia and finish out the rest minus capstone at Study.com.

How much would this cost me in total and assuming my knowledge base is mostly already there and Im a quick learner, how long could could this take me if I commit a good majority of my day full time to the plan?

Thanks so much!
Ed

Unfortunately your goal of using all Sophia/SDC credits and the capstone at TESU is no longer possible. TESU now requires at least 30 RA credits for all degrees.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
(01-25-2021, 10:04 PM)MNomadic Wrote:
(01-25-2021, 09:42 PM)edwardtheprogseoul Wrote: Hey all!

Thanks so much!
Ed

Unfortunately your goal of using all Sophia/SDC credits and the capstone at TESU is no longer possible. TESU now requires at least 30 RA credits for all degrees.

Oh no... I didn't see this coming. How about excelsior and the others?
TESU's Int'l Business concentration cannot be gotten alternatively.

COSC also requires 30cr of RA, so you'd need to bring in 24cr. They don't have an Int'l Business concentration.

For both, you can take 8 courses/24cr via TEL Learning, or another inexpensive school, for $200/course or less.
------------------------------------------------------------------
EC is a better option, but I don't think it's possible any longer to get an entire BSBA there entirely through alternative credit. They've made it so that a lot of credit from Study.com can't be used in the core - although you'd have to see if there were other options like Davar. Not certain there.
------------------------------------------------------------------
I would look at WGU, UMPI, and other competency-based schools. For someone starting from scratch, they may be a better option. Both will take ~90cr of ACE, and UMPI is a good choice if you want to load up on Sophia credits before you start.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
For a BSBA at EC, Davar appears to be out as well. They have Davar/EC equivalencies for their GE courses but they no longer post equivalencies for their business courses and EC. So I don't think EC accepts the business courses any more. Even the list of accepted gen eds for EC at Davar is pretty short compared to what TESU accepts.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Zero Textbook Cost (ZTC) Courses LevelUP 6 362 03-18-2024, 09:40 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Has someone transferred Study.com science corses with labs and correctly transfered etwelding2019 1 205 03-03-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Sophia to TESU Carnation 3 468 12-27-2023, 05:49 PM
  Troubles with Sophia Transfer (Science & History) poisonedapple 5 603 12-27-2023, 11:34 AM
Last Post: poisonedapple
  How often Study.com transcript to TESU? Carnation 3 439 12-09-2023, 03:42 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Study.com Digital Marketing No Longer UL After Nov 1st LevelUP 12 943 12-05-2023, 01:29 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Transfer to TESU Questions Carnation 14 1,549 11-01-2023, 04:50 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  Area of Study Course Appeal resistk 13 952 10-06-2023, 12:21 PM
  Residency Waiver cost BigJohn1975 2 619 10-03-2023, 06:34 PM
Last Post: davewill
Question my CS degree study plan: need help Felisa 33 2,329 09-10-2023, 09:17 PM
Last Post: davewill