Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Toxic Younger Sister
(06-19-2018, 12:02 AM)2L8 Wrote: I'm sorry to keep bothering you with this thread but it's just an exhausting situation.  
When it comes to the situation : It all started with her giving me mean looks , I ignored it and she started doing passive-aggressive tactics ( ex: silent treatment) and when my mother confronts her she denies it and cries. Recently , my mom told her she didn't want to here it.To be mad for a week is very stupid
, specifically when you started the whole fiasco. My mom knows that it's a "premeditated" attack .

Last Friday I tried to commit suicide , I just couldn't deal with it anymore. As stupid as it sounds I never got how you can never bother someone and keep to yourself but still run into trouble. My dad and mom say I put too much energy into this situation but I can't stand on living in a house where there is tension.  I can't get up because my stomach is in intense pain and I feel depressed. What can I do?

Does anyone IRL know you tried to kill yourself?

You need, ABSOLUTELY NEED, to talk to social services. Call 1-800-273-8255 or go to https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/chat/ and TALK TO THEM. Don't waste your time with us, find someone in your community RIGHT NOW who can help you cope. It may require you staying in a shelter, but whatever it takes.

PLEASE take care of yourself. You have worth.

I've got to pack up, my shift is almost over. Please seek competent help from someone local TODAY. Ok?
Angel 
Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies Thomas Edison State University 2018
Cert in Emergency Management -
Three Rivers CC 2017
Cert in Basic Police Ed - Walters State CC 1996

Current Goal: new job
Working on: securing funding I don't have to pay back for a Masters.
Up Next: Toying with Masters Programs
Finished: First Degree

Older Experience with: PLA / Portfolios, RPNow, Proctor U, ACE, NCCRS, DAVAR Academy (formerly Tor), Straighterline, TESU, Ed4Credit, Study.com, The Institutes, Kaplan, ALEKS, FEMA IS, NFA IS, brick & mortar community colleges, LOTS of vocational schools...

My list of academic courses:
link

[-] The following 4 users Like High_Order1's post:
  • davewill, jsd, leland.kirk, sanantone
I think this problem is bigger than your problems with your sister, and you need strong support to help you cope. Do not suffer in silence. Seek professional help immediately. The resources above are good, you may also have access to counseling services on your campus. Consider removing yourself from your home environment, at least temporarily, if you are not supported there.

All of my kids have dealt with depression in one form or another, and we've had to deal with suicidal thoughts and actions. There is no substitute for professional help, even in a situation where home support is strong.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
[-] The following 2 users Like davewill's post:
  • 2L8, High_Order1
https://www.crisistextline.org/textline?...gKWHvD_BwE
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
[-] The following 1 user Likes ShotoJuku's post:
  • High_Order1
(06-19-2018, 03:04 AM)leland.kirk Wrote:
(06-19-2018, 12:02 AM)2L8 Wrote: I'm sorry to keep bothering you with this thread but it's just an exhausting situation.  
When it comes to the situation : It all started with her giving me mean looks , I ignored it and she started doing passive-aggressive tactics ( ex: silent treatment) and when my mother confronts her she denies it and cries. Recently , my mom told her she didn't want to here it.To be mad for a week is very stupid
, specifically when you started the whole fiasco. My mom knows that it's a "premeditated" attack .

Last Friday I tried to commit suicide , I just couldn't deal with it anymore. As stupid as it sounds I never got how you can never bother someone and keep to yourself but still run into trouble. My dad and mom say I put too much energy into this situation but I can't stand on living in a house where there is tension.  I can't get up because my stomach is in intense pain and I feel depressed. What can I do?

Suicide is a very serious thing to consider. I'll definitely reiterate that a healthcare professional/therapist or counselor of some kind would be ideal. Human beings live longer lives than we realize, and there's so much beauty in the world one could miss out on. Situations change, and I can only hope that you wait it out long enough to see a better one. Your life matters. I know this has basically been said, but it's absolutely worth keeping in mind.

Regarding the stomach pain: do you know what exactly it is? I used to get stomach ulcers from stress/anxiety, and I can relate to depression keeping you from getting out of bed.

Regarding all of the above, the best thing for me was always meditation. It doesn't click with everyone, but it's absolutely worth the effort. Find a quiet, private spot if possible, and just take as long as you need to just focus on your breathing. A mantra could help, too. Starting out this could be anything. ('O bla di, o bla da, life goes on' or 'jah guru de va omm' if you happen to be a Beatles fan.) One that I've always liked was 'Sa ta na ma', which is Sanskrit for 'my true self' or something, but it's really the repetition of sounds that helps.
There's a cartoon called Steven Universe that happened to have an episode with a musical number on mindful meditation as a method of dealing with things like stress, anxiety and panic.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHg50mdODFM
There's also an app called Insight Timer with guided meditation, bells and ambient sounds and such. It's like headspace in that it's aim is to teach you to meditate.
https://insighttimer.com
If something like a nearby Buddhist retreat or a yoga retreat happens to coincide with a break from school, it may be worth looking into. Not that I'm trying to push anything really

And the house/living situation. I'd definitely avoid it as much as possible. Showers at the gym are helpful.

I'm not always super competent about replying quickly (to anything) but you're more than welcome to PM me about anything

I have gastritis and I also have stomach ulcers. I do plan on taking a break from school as well , maybe going to visit some family and friends overseas or learning a new cuisine. It's just astonishing that I don't bother her but she torments me.

Pls don't give up. life would always throw knocks at you but always remember that after the rain comes the rainbow and its beautiful. there's always light at the end of the tunnel. pls seek professional help, suicide is not an option, you have a lot to offer the world don't let that be taken away from you because of your sister's actions. one thing that always help me cope in difficult situation is FAITH in God, knowing that someone loves me even when i don't love myself or others don't love me. You are loved by Jesus regardless of your situation pls just hang on and trust him to put the pieces back together beautifully. Jesus Loves you unconditionally.
(06-19-2018, 02:29 PM)makarioso Wrote:

Pls don't give up. life would always throw knocks at you but always remember that after the rain comes the rainbow and its beautiful. there's always light at the end of the tunnel. pls seek professional help, suicide is not an option, you have a lot to offer the world don't let that be taken away from you because of your sister's actions. one thing that always help me cope in difficult situation is FAITH in God, knowing that someone loves me even when i don't love myself or others don't love me. You are loved by Jesus regardless of your situation pls just hang on and trust him to put the pieces back together beautifully. Jesus Loves you unconditionally.
  Hello , everyone speaks on that but it's seems hard. I'm still hanging onto god but to be honest I believe in god but I don't believe prayer truly works.
(06-19-2018, 03:48 PM)2L8 Wrote:
(06-19-2018, 02:29 PM)makarioso Wrote: Pls don't give up. life would always throw knocks at you but always remember that after the rain comes the rainbow and its beautiful. there's always light at the end of the tunnel. pls seek professional help, suicide is not an option, you have a lot to offer the world don't let that be taken away from you because of your sister's actions. one thing that always help me cope in difficult situation is FAITH in God, knowing that someone loves me even when i don't love myself or others don't love me. You are loved by Jesus regardless of your situation pls just hang on and trust him to put the pieces back together beautifully. Jesus Loves you unconditionally.
  Hello , everyone speaks on that but it's seems hard. I'm still hanging onto god but to be honest I believe in god but I don't believe prayer truly works.

That may be because you've learned the wrong thing about prayer.  It's not supposed to "work" in that it gets you what you want, it "works" because in praying, you draw closer to God.  Everything about Christianity (doing good deeds as the hands and feet of Jesus, prayer, tithing, going to church) is about your relationship with God, not about those things in an of themselves.

You've been given plenty of great advice here, but I think you're not doing the things people say.  I'm not certain why, but I think you do need professional help - a school counselor is equipped to deal with the problems you're facing.  Your local church might be a good place to try as well.  One that focuses on the bible, and having a relationship with God.

Good luck to you.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • High_Order1
(06-19-2018, 06:33 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(06-19-2018, 03:48 PM)2L8 Wrote:
(06-19-2018, 02:29 PM)makarioso Wrote: Pls don't give up. life would always throw knocks at you but always remember that after the rain comes the rainbow and its beautiful. there's always light at the end of the tunnel. pls seek professional help, suicide is not an option, you have a lot to offer the world don't let that be taken away from you because of your sister's actions. one thing that always help me cope in difficult situation is FAITH in God, knowing that someone loves me even when i don't love myself or others don't love me. You are loved by Jesus regardless of your situation pls just hang on and trust him to put the pieces back together beautifully. Jesus Loves you unconditionally.

That may be because you've learned the wrong thing about prayer.  It's not supposed to "work" in that it gets you what you want, it "works" because in praying, you draw closer to God.  Everything about Christianity (doing good deeds as the hands and feet of Jesus, prayer, tithing, going to church) is about your relationship with God, not about those things in an of themselves.

You've been given plenty of great advice here, but I think you're not doing the things people say.  I'm not certain why, but I think you do need professional help - a school counselor is equipped to deal with the problems you're facing.  Your local church might be a good place to try as well.  One that focuses on the bible, and having a relationship with God.

Good luck to you.

Hello , when it comes to the comment I was frustrated. When it comes to the advice I have did what was told. Mainly keeping myself occupied with studying and working. Since looking back onto this thread from the past few days I came to the grips that I'm also to blame for my problem. I give it too much energy , instead I'll ignore the tactics as best as I can because a reaction is wanted and if I give it it'll be going on forever. When it comes to the professional help I go in Friday. As for everyone I thank you for the advice and I'm very sorry to have annoyed you with a situation like this.
[-] The following 3 users Like 2L8's post:
  • davewill, High_Order1, jsd
(06-19-2018, 07:06 PM)2L8 Wrote:
(06-19-2018, 06:33 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(06-19-2018, 03:48 PM)2L8 Wrote:   Hello , everyone speaks on that but it's seems hard. I'm still hanging onto god but to be honest I believe in god but I don't believe prayer truly works.

Good luck to you.

Hello , when it comes to the comment I was frustrated. When it comes to the advice I have did what was told. Mainly keeping myself occupied with studying and working. Since looking back onto this thread from the past few days I came to the grips that I'm also to blame for my problem. I give it too much energy , instead I'll ignore the tactics as best as I can because a reaction is wanted and if I give it it'll be going on forever. When it comes to the professional help I go in Friday. As for everyone I thank you for the advice and I'm very sorry to have annoyed you with a situation like this.

You aren't annoying anyone.  Everyone here has been really nice (I think).  And we're all worried about you, and want you to reach out for help somewhere closer to home.  Here on this forum, no one can really help much - we can't hug you, or offer you a meal, or reach out really.  We can only give advice, which can sometimes not come across as nice as some of us might like (guilty).  You need more than that though, which is why we're all saying that you need to seek professional help.  Someone who can sit and talk with you one-on-one.  If the counselor you are seeing on Friday's isn't helping, find someone else.  The more help you can get, the better.

I still recommend talking to a pastor as well.  If you believe in God, then someone who can help you on your walk might be immensely helpful to you.  It can really change the way you think, both about your situation, and about yourself.  Seeing yourself in God's eyes has been very encouraging to me over the years.

Take care.  And PLEASE get as much help as you need.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • 2L8
(06-19-2018, 07:06 PM)2L8 Wrote:   Hello , when it comes to the comment I was frustrated. When it comes to the advice I have did what was told. Mainly keeping myself occupied with studying and working. Since looking back onto this thread from the past few days I came to the grips that I'm also to blame for my problem. I give it too much energy , instead I'll ignore the tactics as best as I can because a reaction is wanted and if I give it it'll be going on forever. When it comes to the professional help I go in Friday. As for everyone I thank you for the advice and I'm very sorry to have annoyed you with a situation like this.

I think you've misread how people feel about this. No one is annoyed, and certainly no one is blaming you. We are worried about you, and can see that you are in pain, and need more help than strangers on a message board can provide. I am very glad you have an appointment with someone. If they don't help enough, keep looking until you find someone who will.

Definitely keep checking in here, we'd like to know how you're making out.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Problems registering on the "sister" website SweetSecret 12 1,988 06-21-2022, 02:02 PM
Last Post: SteveFoerster
  Degreeinfo - Is the sister forum down for good? bjcheung77 10 5,934 09-15-2016, 11:31 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Please help me talk some sense into my sister! sanantone 38 6,623 06-07-2014, 12:09 PM
Last Post: sanantone