Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transcript eval assistance to CBE school
Hey guys I've been reading around here for a little bit and had some questions. I'm one class away from getting my AAS in Information Systems technology at my local college. I can't sign up for my last class or transfer due to a Fa and school debt issue so I have to pay that off.

I want to get my bachelor's from either WGU, NAU, Uni of Wisconsin, or Hodges that have competency based learning.  WGU won't evaluate my transcript unless it's official or take me until I finish my last class. 

So until I settle my debt, I just needed advice on what I can do to not waste time and see if there any other things I can do meanwhile. I don't know how many of my classes from my AAS degree will be transferred over and if there any gaps or which ones I can take from places like Saylor, Straighterline or study.com. Or maybe it would just be better to work on some certifications like the A+ or security+. I was already studying for the Sec+ but I don't know which will be accepted for more credits at WGU unless my AAS courses will already cover those credits.

I feel as though my credits may be more directed for the BSIT in WGU but I'm open to any of the IT related programs if more of my credits would be transferred over to a certain one. I did take a lot of general education courses but I don't know if there are any ones I'm missing I still need.
Any general advice would also be helpful. Thanks in advance.

Attached Files
.pdf   SSR_TSRPT-1.pdf (Size: 26.94 KB / Downloads: 15)
Hmm, this is a hard call... I would apply to Brandman as well and skip NAU/Uni of Wisconsin. BTW, Hodges no longer have competency based degrees since February 2018. They got "scared" of the audit of WGU competency based programs and decided it wasn't for them (sadly, they had a few good programs too!)

That being said, your best options are Brandman and WGU for now. I would just complete whatever courses you have left at the community college and graduate with your Associates. Use the remainder of your time on taking some courses at the following ACE providers: Sophia.org/StraighterLine/Study.com - You also want to do the ALEKS College Algebra and CSM Learn course.

Even though some colleges take NCCRS, the ones mentioned above mainly take ACE and not NCCRS credits. Again, apply to Brandman/WGU and skip the rest. If you want, you can apply to the Big 3 if you think a different degree may interest you.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • SophiaPrincess
What courses should I take at ACE providers I need that my current credits won't cover if I were to transfer to Brandman/WGU?

I've done precalculus, would I still need the ALEKS college algebra?

I'm also curious as to why not NAU or UoW?
NAU will only allow up to 64 credits into their program from transfer credits. I read their reviews, they are OK/on par with most programs. A member of this board applied to NAU MCIT program but withdrew... Anyways, most would recommend 2 of 3 out of cheap/easy/fast. I usually would recommend adding a 4th, value in addition to all 3...

UoW is a different story, they are on the same ship as NAU, the credits they take in must be from regionally accredited colleges, I think they will only accept ACE credits for Military. So transfer credits would be limited for most people as well, but they allow up to 90 credits. I don't recall anyone on this board take their courses or graduate there...

Brandman/WGU allows transfer of up to 90 credits as well, but it doesn't limit the use only to Regionally Accredited institutions, they allow ACE credits from Study.com/StraighterLine/Sophia.org, etc. It'll be cheaper/easier/faster to get to the full 90 credits using these ACE providers.

Taking precalculus is great, but I think WGU requires two math and a stats course. So, that would only be for the 1 course, you should still take the College Algebra and CSM Learn for the Stats requirement. What I suggest to do is create a spreadsheet of what each school has for their requirements. Then stick your courses you have completed into the spreadsheet to cross reference which ones would be done and which ones would be remaining. Go with the school that provides you the most credits transferable so you can finish the remaining ones faster. The course requirements for each university is different, pick the courses that you think interest you more and go for that degree.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • SophiaPrincess
I would take any of the GE's that you need at WGU that you don't already have, and any business-type ones as well. Study.com, SL, whatever you want (although SL has the discount going there).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
@bjcheung77 Helpful information thanks

@dfrecore Why do you say that? Wouldn't it be easier and cheaper to do them through the ACE providers?
(03-11-2020, 03:24 PM)OldQuackKonobe Wrote: @bjcheung77 Helpful information thanks

@dfrecore Why do you say that? Wouldn't it be easier and cheaper to do them through the ACE providers?

Yes, which is why I said to do them through ACE providers like Study.com or SL.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DBA degree: online, 2-3 years, top US or UK school, accredited absamer 22 1,471 03-26-2024, 11:54 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Feedback on Paris Business School absamer 5 264 03-12-2024, 06:23 PM
  Going back to school at 29 for CS with only freshman year of college completed RejuvenationOclock 6 486 02-17-2024, 01:24 AM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Help finding a school and degree plan bleedingpurple 39 3,270 12-29-2023, 12:14 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Hi! Prospective law school student. Need 30-ish credits to graduate within 6 months. CaughtInTheRye12 23 1,653 12-28-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: CaughtInTheRye12
  Help for Daughter w/ Choosing School/Degree/Degree Plan MaMichelle 4 516 11-21-2023, 12:56 PM
  Has anyone used AP credits from high school on transfering to the big three? smtGate 4 369 11-19-2023, 10:46 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Which bachelors/school to attend? Degree Plan Help scorpioninlife 9 770 10-31-2023, 10:57 AM
  Degree Planning Assistance? Cocolisa1 4 545 10-25-2023, 10:28 AM
  TESU BACS or BSCIS transcript after graduation KMcLean 4 370 10-23-2023, 11:49 AM