Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transcripts at TESU
Hello All,

This question has probably been asked a million times by now. I wasn't successful in finding the answer anywhere else. If I apply to TESU, get accepted, then send in all my transcripts (ACE, CLEP, Community College) they will then add it to my evaluations. I know that far. Now can I request an official transcript from them at that point?

Reason I am asking is because my CC is being horrible about adding my credits to my transcript because they do not go towards my degree there. I need to show 60 credits as soon as possible for a state test that's coming out. I have until at least a month or so after the test grades come out (so I'm looking at a good 6months still)

Mainly I want to know what I will need to do to be able to get official transcripts from TESU showing "XX" credits. Right now I have 30, but by the end of December I plan on having 67 minimum. Only 41 of these credits will show on my HVCC transcript and that doesn't get me the 60 needed even though I actually have them. Thanks all!
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
I believe this is the service you want if you're not going to be enrolled: Individual Learning Account

EDIT: Otherwise, if you plan on eventually getting a degree through TESU, you can enroll by signing up for a TECEP. Once you are enrolled, you should have access to their transcription services.
In Progress: MBA - HAUniv, Anticipated 2024
Completed: BSBA OpMgmt - TESU June 2021

UG - AP Tests: 20 credits | APICS: 12 Credits | CLEP: 6 credits | Saylor Academy: 6 credits | Sophia.org: 27 credits | Study.com: 12 credits | Davar Academy: 3 credits | TESU: 15 credits | Other College: 99.5 credits
GR - HAUniv: 9 credits
Flelm Wrote:I believe this is the service you want if you're not going to be enrolled: Individual Learning Account

EDIT: Otherwise, if you plan on eventually getting a degree through TESU, you can enroll by signing up for a TECEP. Once you are enrolled, you should have access to their transcription services.

Yes I do plan on earning a degree from TESU
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
In order to receive an official transcript from TESU you have to be an enrolled student. In the past all you had to do to become enrolled was pay the $75 application fee and $114 TECEP fee to register for a TECEP. Under the pay per credit plan you do not become enrolled until 10 days into the semester you registered the TECEP for, a new semester starts each month. It can take TESU up to 25 days to evaluate transcripts and update your academic evaluation. TESU has been making changes to their policies, not sure what the current policy on enrolling by TECEP is. A few people became enrolled in the spring by registering for a TECEP.
TESC AAS CJ, December 2015
Working on TESU BA CJ/PSY March 2018

TECEP: Marriage and Family, Abnormal Psy, Intro to Soc, Psy of Women, Public Relations, Computer Concepts and Applications, Liberal Arts Math
ECE: Cultural Diversity, Juvenile Delinquency, Workplace Communications, Business Information Systems
DSST: Criminal Justice, Principles of Supervision, Substance Abuse
PF: Principles of Loss Prevention, White Collar Crime, Criminal Law
Propero: Victimology, Criminology, Intro to Homeland Security, Juvenile Justice, Criminal Justice Ethics
The Institutes: Ethics Course
AP: American History
FHSU: Justice in the Information Age
NOCTI Business Solutions: Protective Services, Security and Protective Services
Schmoop: Drugs in Lit
I've been reading on different forums that when transferring credits to TESU there is a 90 credit limit from one source. I am confused on one point.

If I study with study.com, SL, Saylor, Schmoop, The Institutes, etc, and have them all transferred to ACE credits, does this mean the cap is at 90 credits from ACE credits to send to TESU, and the remaining ones (besides capstone and cornerstone) I need to take at through CLEP, DSST, Community College?
swalke321 Wrote:In order to receive an official transcript from TESU you have to be an enrolled student. In the past all you had to do to become enrolled was pay the $75 application fee and $114 TECEP fee to register for a TECEP. Under the pay per credit plan you do not become enrolled until 10 days into the semester you registered the TECEP for, a new semester starts each month. It can take TESU up to 25 days to evaluate transcripts and update your academic evaluation. TESU has been making changes to their policies, not sure what the current policy on enrolling by TECEP is. A few people became enrolled in the spring by registering for a TECEP.

I applied back in June, completed every course requirement, so now I've been busy transferring all of my credits there. Does that mean that I can't graduate until I register for a TECEP? Also, I enrolled in the Strategic Management course in June, which was before the expected July 1 deadline, so I hope I don't have to take any courses/tests with TESC. However, if I must....umm Medical Terminology Sad
creditmonsoon Wrote:I applied back in June, completed every course requirement, so now I've been busy transferring all of my credits there. Does that mean that I can't graduate until I register for a TECEP? Also, I enrolled in the Strategic Management course in June, which was before the expected July 1 deadline, so I hope I don't have to take any courses/tests with TESC. However, if I must....umm Medical Terminology Sad

Creditmonson,
Have you enrolled at TESU? In order to graduate you must be an enrolled student. Are you taking Strategic Management outside of TESU and transferring the course in? To enroll you have a couple of options, the pay per credit plan or comprehensive tuition plan. The pay per credit plan is the cheapest and is designed for students who transfer everything in. Under the pay per credit plan you must register for a TESU course or TECEP. Registering for a TECEP is cheaper.

TECEP: Marriage and Family, Abnormal Psy, Intro to Soc, Psy of Women, Public Relations, Computer Concepts and Applications, Liberal Arts Math
ECE: Cultural Diversity, Juvenile Delinquency, Workplace Communications, Business Information Systems
Propero: Victimology, Criminology, Intro to Homeland Security, Juvenile Justice, Criminal Justice Ethics
frostedfire Wrote:I've been reading on different forums that when transferring credits to TESU there is a 90 credit limit from one source. I am confused on one point.

If I study with study.com, SL, Saylor, Schmoop, The Institutes, etc, and have them all transferred to ACE credits, does this mean the cap is at 90 credits from ACE credits to send to TESU, and the remaining ones (besides capstone and cornerstone) I need to take at through CLEP, DSST, Community College?

The 90 credit limit applies to each individual source. ACE is not considered a source. Study.com is one source, schmoop is another source. For example you can complete 90 credits through study.com, another 12 credits through ALEKS, another 15 credits through SL.

To check your student status (applicant or enrolled) and when the current status expires log onto Online Student Services. Go to the student menu. Under academic profile, click on my profile. You must be an enrolled student in order to graduate. If you are currently listed as an applicant then you must enroll before applying for graduation.

creditmonsoon Wrote:I applied back in June, completed every course requirement, so now I've been busy transferring all of my credits there. Does that mean that I can't graduate until I register for a TECEP? Also, I enrolled in the Strategic Management course in June, which was before the expected July 1 deadline, so I hope I don't have to take any courses/tests with TESC. However, if I must....umm Medical Terminology Sad

You don't have to take any courses with TESU at all, except that if you were not enrolled as of the deadline (can't remember what it was exactly), then you may have to retake the capstone through them (as a TECEP exam). There was some rule made at the time that they would accept the capstone as an outside course, but it had to be completed before the deadline, and it only applied to enrolled students. So be prepared for that if they won't take it. But I'm not certain on that, just trying to remember back to what was going on then.

If they accept the capstone from an outside source (I'm assuming PF), then you're good.

You can't graduate until you APPLY FOR GRADUATION. Applying to the school is a different process than applying for graduation.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,926 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,617 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,023 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,583 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,668 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,293 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,547 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,284 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,322 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,817 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore