Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transfer Coopersmith/Davar courses to TESU?
Hey folks,

Is there a list of how Coopersmith/Davar courses transfer to TESU? I have similar lists for Sophia and SDC, but not these other two. Haven't used them, but they may come in handy down the line as I try to squeeze out a last few UL courses.

Thanks.

EDIT: Oh I see one on Davar's website. Does anybody know if this is current?
Working towards:
  • BSBA Entrepreneurship/Marketing @ TESU (Finally figured it out : )
Exams/Courses Taken (84 Credits)
  • CLEP (36) - English Comp, Natural Science, College Math, Principles of Mgmt, Intro Marketing, Intro Sociology, Analyzing & Interpreting Lit, Intro to Educational Psychology, Human Growth & Dev 
  • DSST (12) - Principles of Supervision, Intro to Business, Human Resources Mgmt, Organizational Behavior
  • Sophia Learning (36) - Developing Effective Teams, Student Success, Essentials of Managing Conflict, Conflict Resolution, Intro to Ethics, Visual Communication, Intro to Psychology, Public Speaking, Intro to Info Tech, Accounting, Statistics, Algebra, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics
  • Study.com - Coming soon...
The Davar list is pretty good, I'd use that.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
The Big 3 (COSC, EC, TESU) follow ACE/NCCRS recommendations more closely now. If the course is recommended for Upper Level credit, it should come in as Upper Level (there are exceptions though, sometimes ACE/NCCRS both evaluate the course, they should follow ACE more than they do NCCRS). In regards to the Davar course list, you should be fine following their transfer equivalency, it's outdated but should be transferring in as what it shows...
Done: TESU ASNSM Biology, ASBA/BSBA (ACBSP Accredited in 2017)
Business & IT Certs: Cisco, CompTIA, 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL, MTA, etc
Coursera Google IT Certs & Udacity Nanodegrees

Working on: TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Deferred: **Deciding on several Masters/PHD programs**

2019 BALS and BSBA Spreadsheet using mainly SL/Study.com (post#28,31)
The Basic Approach | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Review: Beginners Guide sticky for info on TESU BALS/BSBA in 4 months (post #16)
~Note: Read Wiki guide links for TESU equivalency - CLEP/DSST/SL/Study.com, etc
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • SCYankee
(03-24-2020, 04:26 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: The Big 3 (COSC, EC, TESU) follow ACE/NCCRS recommendations more closely now.  If the course is recommended for Upper Level credit, it should come in as Upper Level (there are exceptions though, sometimes ACE/NCCRS both evaluate the course, they should follow ACE more than they do NCCRS).  In regards to the Davar course list, you should be fine following their transfer equivalency, it's outdated but should be transferring in as what it shows...

Thanks Buddy. Good to see you again. How come Coopersmith doesn't come up as a provider on the ACE website?
Working towards:
  • CLEP (36) - English Comp, Natural Science, College Math, Principles of Mgmt, Intro Marketing, Intro Sociology, Analyzing & Interpreting Lit, Intro to Educational Psychology, Human Growth & Dev 
  • DSST (12) - Principles of Supervision, Intro to Business, Human Resources Mgmt, Organizational Behavior
  • Sophia Learning (36) - Developing Effective Teams, Student Success, Essentials of Managing Conflict, Conflict Resolution, Intro to Ethics, Visual Communication, Intro to Psychology, Public Speaking, Intro to Info Tech, Accounting, Statistics, Algebra, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics
Coopersmith is NCCRS, it doesn't have anything that is ACE (same as Davar, Onlinedegree.com, it's NCCRS).
Coopersmith: http://www.nationalccrs.org/organization...consulting
Davar's link: http://www.nationalccrs.org/organization...cademy-llc
Onlinedegree.com http://www.nationalccrs.org/organization...edegreecom
Done: TESU ASNSM Biology, ASBA/BSBA (ACBSP Accredited in 2017)
Business & IT Certs: Cisco, CompTIA, 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL, MTA, etc
Coursera Google IT Certs & Udacity Nanodegrees

Working on: TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Deferred: **Deciding on several Masters/PHD programs**

2019 BALS and BSBA Spreadsheet using mainly SL/Study.com (post#28,31)
The Basic Approach | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Review: Beginners Guide sticky for info on TESU BALS/BSBA in 4 months (post #16)
~Note: Read Wiki guide links for TESU equivalency - CLEP/DSST/SL/Study.com, etc
(03-24-2020, 04:56 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Coopersmith is NCCRS, it doesn't have anything that is ACE (same as Davar, Onlinedegree.com, it's NCCRS).  
Coopersmith: http://www.nationalccrs.org/organization...consulting
Davar's link: http://www.nationalccrs.org/organization...cademy-llc
Onlinedegree.com http://www.nationalccrs.org/organization...edegreecom

Okey Dokey.
Working towards:
The courses below are all upper level (UL) courses with TESU. I out their equivalency at TESU to the right. I am currently taking finishing these courses with them and cannot be more pleased. I am up against the wall needing to get these courses to TESU by th end of this month and they have been nothing but pleasant to deal with. I would highly recommend them to anyone who asks and these 4 courses along with the TEEX Death Investigation course should be at the top of everyone's list for the BALS. Inparticular I am doing the SS concentration and this worked out the best for me.

Drugs, Society and Human Behavior (PSY 305) TESU-PSY-338
Substance Abuse Counseling (PSY 320) TESU-PSY-332
Foundations of Stress Management (PSY-310) TESU-SOS-320
Sport and Exercise Psychology (PSY-340) TESU-PSY-334
[-] The following 1 user Likes darthweezy's post:
  • TwinMom
(03-24-2020, 10:31 PM)darthweezy Wrote: The courses below are all upper level (UL) courses with TESU. I out their equivalency at TESU to the right. I am currently taking finishing these courses with them and cannot be more pleased. I am up against the wall needing to get these courses to TESU by th end of this month and they have been nothing but pleasant to deal with. I would highly recommend them to anyone who asks and these 4 courses along with the TEEX Death Investigation course should be at the top of everyone's list for the BALS. Inparticular I am doing the SS concentration and this  worked out the best for me.

I'm assuming you got these approved through your TESU advisor? Or do you have a TESU-Coopersmith transfer list? I wasn't able to locate one.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Homeschool College Guidance Counselor Mom to twin 14 yo boys

[b]CsmLearn[/b]
Study: US History 1, Pres Skills, Environ Science, Ethics in America, Intro to CJ, Meteorology, Forensic Sci, Criminology
Sophia: Psychology, Visual Comms, Sociology, Eff Teams, Mng Conflict, Student Success, Anc Greek Philo, Art History 1,Intro to IT,Intro to Bus

Planning for (2) Bachelors

(03-25-2020, 12:46 PM)TwinMom Wrote:
(03-24-2020, 10:31 PM)darthweezy Wrote: The courses below are all upper level (UL) courses with TESU. I out their equivalency at TESU to the right. I am currently taking finishing these courses with them and cannot be more pleased. I am up against the wall needing to get these courses to TESU by th end of this month and they have been nothing but pleasant to deal with. I would highly recommend them to anyone who asks and these 4 courses along with the TEEX Death Investigation course should be at the top of everyone's list for the BALS. Inparticular I am doing the SS concentration and this  worked out the best for me.

I'm assuming you got these approved through your TESU advisor? Or do you have a TESU-Coopersmith transfer list? I wasn't able to locate one.
You are correct, it was through my advisor. According to Coppersmith (months ago) there wasn't a direct transfer list. You *might* be able to find an advisor who would be willing to make a list for you, but I'm not sure how you would go about it other than asking. They would probably be more likely to do it if you're taking classes from TESU as well.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SL or DAVAR for some Business courses? Edriveless 9 290 34 minutes ago
Last Post: Leslie2828
  Maximizing Sophia courses at TESU dfrecore 18 938 Yesterday, 06:45 PM
Last Post: ARhead
  Looking for UL Courses ss20ts 3 206 05-29-2020, 10:04 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 212 137,561 05-29-2020, 07:16 PM
Last Post: schlocker
  Maximizing Sophia courses at COSC dfrecore 29 973 05-28-2020, 08:30 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
Smile TESU..Where to Find Civic Engagement Section Classes? tls7291 7 175 05-28-2020, 06:55 PM
Last Post: tls7291
  List of ACE-certified courses available through The Institutes ctcarl 3 217 05-28-2020, 12:11 PM
Last Post: innen_oda
  Statistics.com ? BS Data Science and Analytics TESU abs_co 6 262 05-28-2020, 06:15 AM
Last Post: amaquiling
  Took 6 Sophia Learning Courses in 2 months and passed them all, listing my thoughts tanc 49 3,305 05-27-2020, 02:10 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  TESU not accepting a slew of Study.com computer courses anymore jsh1138 26 2,797 05-27-2020, 10:31 AM
Last Post: Clepper43