Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Odd years/even years
I'm working on planning my course load after getting my degree audit. I have two classes that are only offered in the Fall of even years and one offered in the Spring of even years. Did anyone else have the same hurdle? Did they give you a replacement or did you take it elsewhere? I'm hoping to be done in 3 terms, so waiting for the fall of 2022 is not the goal. 

(I'm meeting with Jessica this week, I'm just working on planning and wondered if anyone else experienced this and how they handled it.)
That's strange. Are you sure you're looking at the YourPace class list and not the regular UMPI list?
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(06-02-2021, 04:27 PM)rachel83az Wrote: That's strange. Are you sure you're looking at the YourPace class list and not the regular UMPI list?

I used the planner tool once I was logged in. I would assume it was Yourpace classes only but maybe not? I searched for each class in the category.
(06-02-2021, 03:56 PM)jadkins77 Wrote: I'm working on planning my course load after getting my degree audit. I have two classes that are only offered in the Fall of even years and one offered in the Spring of even years. Did anyone else have the same hurdle? Did they give you a replacement or did you take it elsewhere? I'm hoping to be done in 3 terms, so waiting for the fall of 2022 is not the goal. 

(I'm meeting with Jessica this week, I'm just working on planning and wondered if anyone else experienced this and how they handled it.)

I did not have this problem. Are you in the YourPace program? Every course in YourPace as I understood it is offered every semester. What degree program are you in?

(06-02-2021, 04:49 PM)jadkins77 Wrote:
(06-02-2021, 04:27 PM)rachel83az Wrote: That's strange. Are you sure you're looking at the YourPace class list and not the regular UMPI list?

I used the planner tool once I was logged in. I would assume it was Yourpace classes only but maybe not? I searched for each class in the category.

Oh that's not for YourPace. You can't use that. Our courses aren't in the scheduling system. You'll work with Jessica and she'll schedule your classes. You don't use the Wish List either. She handles everything.
(06-02-2021, 09:33 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(06-02-2021, 03:56 PM)jadkins77 Wrote: I'm working on planning my course load after getting my degree audit. I have two classes that are only offered in the Fall of even years and one offered in the Spring of even years. Did anyone else have the same hurdle? Did they give you a replacement or did you take it elsewhere? I'm hoping to be done in 3 terms, so waiting for the fall of 2022 is not the goal. 

I did not have this problem. Are you in the YourPace program? Every course in YourPace as I understood it is offered every semester. What degree program are you in?

Oh that's not for YourPace. You can't use that. Our courses aren't in the scheduling system. You'll work with Jessica and she'll schedule your classes. You don't use the Wish List either. She handles everything.
Yes, I had the same concern. Even though it shows that it knows you're in the YourPace program, it still shows you the scheduling for the regular on-campus school. I called and they confirmed that all classes are offered every semester, despite what it says in the online planner thing.
(06-02-2021, 09:42 PM)Adrian245 Wrote:

Yes, I had the same concern. Even though it shows that it knows you're in the YourPace program, it still shows you the scheduling for the regular on-campus school. I called and they confirmed that all classes are offered every semester, despite what it says in the online planner thing.

Perfect! Thank you! I'm doing the BA in English. Excited to get started!
(06-03-2021, 08:49 AM)jadkins77 Wrote:
(06-02-2021, 09:42 PM)Adrian245 Wrote:

Perfect! Thank you! I'm doing the BA in English. Excited to get started!

Let us know how it goes... My partner is starting same degree in July.
Interesting, I never knew they had an even/odd years thing going on... I would have thought courses would be every other semester, not years! Hmm, I guess it's just their online course catalog system that has this set differently. Interesting indeed!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Since you are doing the BA in English..... I heard the class descriptions are different on Your Pace than what they truly entail. Do you know if you actually have to partner with real world businesses for several of your classes? I am interested in this degree but live abroad at present. That part wouldn't be feasible in my case. So any information you have about your upcoming courses would be appreciated!

Hopefully all courses are indeed offered in one semester! (2 terms)

That was for Jadkins.. Sorry it didn't connect my post!
(06-03-2021, 12:40 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Interesting, I never knew they had an even/odd years thing going on... I would have thought courses would be every other semester, not years!  Hmm, I guess it's just their online course catalog system that has this set differently.  Interesting indeed!

They don't for YourPace. This is only for their on campus degrees which are very different than the YourPace degrees. Every course has been offered every semester. They're not offered every term though so it may take you 2 terms to complete all of the courses.

(06-03-2021, 12:44 PM)Pathfinder Wrote: Since you are doing the BA in English..... I heard the class descriptions are different on Your Pace than what they truly entail.  Do you know if you actually have to partner with real world businesses for several of your classes?  I am interested in this degree but live abroad at present.  That part wouldn't be feasible in my case. So any information you have about your upcoming courses would be appreciated!  

Hopefully all courses are indeed offered in one semester!  (2 terms)

That was for Jadkins.. Sorry it didn't connect my post!

The class descriptions on the website are for the on campus courses. The classes in YourPace may be a bit different. I took several business classes and we did not partner with businesses. They have many international students and are well versed in handling the differences with international students. Every course is offered every semester thus far. Every course is not offered every term.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  28 years later, I have my degree! Junco 12 835 12-19-2023, 02:16 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Ray Rice: UMPI Could More Than Double in Five Years Jonathan Whatley 22 2,419 11-23-2023, 12:16 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  UMPI Your Pace minimum age is now 20 years old johnbond 8 1,506 08-11-2022, 08:34 PM
Last Post: EducationSeeker