Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transfer WGU BS IT to Big 3 for another BS degree?
Once I complete my AS/BS IT goals, what are the possibilities of transferring the WGU Bachelor's to a Big 3?

Charter Oaks is my top pick, for a BIS Environmental Geology & Information Systems with the intention of the LL generals being taken care of, and half the LL/UL taken care of for Information Systems. That would leave me within 30 credits with filled with a mix of Geo/Bio/Chem courses totally 30.

Does this seem like a workable plan? Anyone have experience transferring a WGU degree to the Big 3 for credit? What are some good sources for 30 UL/LL science credit? Study & SL don't have a huge selection that I can put under the "Geology" part of the BIS. These can be from a B&M online program if need be. There isn't a need to go fast or save money.

If I could get an AS Industrial Electronics/Electrical + BS Information Technology + BIS Environmental Geology & Information Systems I would become an incredibly sought after subject matter expert in Control Systems in the mining industry and get into a very advanced position at my current place. Mining Technology/Engineering is a very specialized field.

Thanks again ya'll for all the amazing advise. You've got me pointed in a great direction!

Aut inveniam viam aut faciam
the Big 3 certainly accept credit from WGU, but WGU has some interesting courses in a lot of their programs so the credits might not line up well in some instances. But they won't reject the school outright.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
(02-26-2020, 02:04 PM)jsd Wrote: the Big 3 certainly accept credit from WGU, but WGU has some interesting courses in a lot of their programs so the credits might not line up well in some instances. But they won't reject the school outright.

Sweet! The COSC Bachelor's of Integrated studies seems to have a lot of leeway for electives as long as there 30/30 for both areas. Use the WGU BS for half and Geo/Env UL and LL
For the UL science credit I'd probably use SNHU. I could easily justify and make a capstone for a BIS Env. Geoscience & Information Systems.

(02-26-2020, 02:48 PM)xicovu Wrote:
(02-26-2020, 02:04 PM)jsd Wrote: the Big 3 certainly accept credit from WGU, but WGU has some interesting courses in a lot of their programs so the credits might not line up well in some instances. But they won't reject the school outright.

Sweet! The COSC Bachelor's of Integrated studies seems to have a lot of leeway for electives as long as there 30/30 for both areas. Use the WGU BS for half and Geo/Env UL and LL
For the UL science credit I'd probably use SNHU. I could easily justify and make a capstone for a BIS Env. Geoscience & Information Systems.

After transferring the BS IT into the COSC BS Integrated Studies, that should leave me with the following to plan out:
Biology Lab I          Study.com 3LL
Geology 101          Study.com 3LL
Earth Science         Study.com 3LL
Ecology or Conservation Bio SNHU 3UL
Geostatistics & Analysis SNHU 3UL
Geo Methodology SNHU 3UL
Environmental Sustainability SNHU 3UL

I may be missing one or two on the list but that's the basic idea. Any ideas other sources of UL Geo/Env/Bio credit? B&M or more expensive ACE is acceptable.

Aut inveniam viam aut faciam

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WGU Education Degree Path Ad Nauseam 4 160 Today, 04:44 AM
Last Post: Ad Nauseam
  Question regarding transfer credit courses jobojoe285 6 317 03-28-2024, 12:35 AM
Last Post: jobojoe285
  Wanting a masters degree for IT from WGU benon 10 960 01-21-2024, 04:13 AM
Last Post: benon
  New transfer credit for Master degree - WGU Imbanewbie 16 2,240 01-20-2024, 04:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Expired CompTIA Certs for Transfer siersema 4 659 01-15-2024, 04:50 PM
Last Post: raekwon
  Masters in HR - anyone accelerate through this degree? Whitepines 4 524 01-05-2024, 08:43 PM
Last Post: Quackerz
  Can you pause your degree? Learnsomestuff 9 1,220 11-17-2023, 10:18 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  BSIT TO MSITM Program - Should I take required Certs before enrolling in degree? Brandon.Thomas.Downer 2 417 11-16-2023, 03:39 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  New degree in Supply Chain & Operations Management MNomadic 3 1,218 11-10-2023, 08:41 AM
Last Post: jsh1138
  Computer Science 305: Operating Systems Transfer to WGU alesalsa10 4 732 10-19-2023, 02:20 PM
Last Post: alesalsa10