Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help - Bachelors Degree Options
(10-04-2018, 06:56 AM)bdcmetal666 Wrote: Conclusion

A online associate degree>>>transfer university 3rd grade.(sophomore)

I want to work visa so I question to about some people said maybe not online degree a tranditional degree?
So My question is Can I transfer Online associate degree or bachelor degree to A tranditional university?(such as babson college or Cornell University)

The question is

1.A online associate degree>>>transfer university 3rd grade.(sophomore)

2.Or just 60 credit can transfer to 3rd grade traditional univerisity or college?

#2 - you'll accumulate credit and that will transfer in some amount to a university. That it was online doesn't matter, what matters is that it has the proper accreditation and the transfer policy of the university you're picking for your bachelor's degree.
I also think you should know that in the USA, the number of credits determines your status, so it's impossible to say you'll be a sophomore or junior or senior until you're accepted at the second university.
An exception is if you earn your associate's degree from a 2 year school that has an agreement with a 4 year school - in those cases, the transfer is seamless and you'll begin at the 4 year school as a junior.
If your goal is a 4 year degree, I would suggest you focus on that and reconsider about the associate degree, but if you REALLY want one, choose a college that offers both so you can work on them simultaneously. Doing so assures no lost steps or wasted credit.
So, I want to transfer to university 3rd grade.
and Need to I same major online to offline university?
(10-04-2018, 09:57 PM)bdcmetal666 Wrote: So, I want to transfer to university 3rd grade.

Your question can't be answered in that form. When you transfer, you transfer the specific courses you've taken. If the courses you've taken fulfill two full years in the degree you want, then you come in as a "junior" or third year student. So it depends on what you actually took and whether your new school will accept them towards the degree you want. Keeping the same major would certainly help, though. Changing your major always risks wasting existing credits, even if you don't transfer.

You would need to give specifics to get any kind of useful answer.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
[-] The following 1 user Likes davewill's post:
  • Kelly Green
(10-04-2018, 09:57 PM)bdcmetal666 Wrote: So, I want to transfer to university 3rd grade.

I'm not being trivial when I say this, but you shouldn't use the phrase "3rd grade" when you ask this question or email universities. 3rd grade in USA schools is for kids who are 8 years old, it is not for college.

I do think I understand your question, you want to know if you can take courses online and then transfer to a traditional on campus program - and the general answer is yes, as long as the online program has the proper accreditation and the college you will attend accepts the credit you've earned. Typically there is no "major" in the first two years, a student completes their general education (also called core) courses, so to improve your chances of transfer, you should first choose the university you hope to attend, and then follow their policy as you choose your general education courses (online or otherwise). I hope that helps.
Also you said you want at Work Visa, but it sounds like you're looking to come to the US as a Student - which would be a Student Visa.  Are you currently looking to come to the US to work, or to study?
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

HOW CAN I GET A BACHELOR OF COMPUTER SCIENCE FASTEST AND CHEAPEST WAY

I was been in here maybe 3 month or 6 month ago.
And befroe was okay.
I was student.
But now some people attacking me(mentally), and I lost my money.

Somebody help me Tell your know how about computer science bachelor degree any accredited university. And chepeast and fastest way.
I want a job quickly.
I hear charter oak state college is that degree fee $2,869 and 1 year way.
Is that true?

Where Can I found cheapset way.
And how can get a degree fastest and get a job.

Also You know some get a job non bachelor degree and in technical field.
Tell me the how to that way earn money to me.

So.

HOW CAN I GET A BACHELOR OF COMPUTER SCIENCE FASTEST AND CHEAPEST WAY?
(11-23-2018, 05:39 AM)bdcmetal666 Wrote: HOW CAN I GET A BACHELOR OF COMPUTER SCIENCE FASTEST AND CHEAPEST WAY

I was been in here maybe 3 month or 6 month ago.
And befroe was okay.
I was student.
But now some people attacking me(mentally), and I lost my money.

Somebody help me Tell your know how about computer science bachelor degree any accredited university. And chepeast and fastest way.
I want a job quickly.
I hear charter oak state college is that degree fee $2,869 and 1 year way.
Is that true?

Where Can I found cheapset way.
And how can get a degree fastest and get a job.

Also You know some get a job non bachelor degree and in technical field.
Tell me the how to that way earn money to me.

So.

HOW CAN I GET A BACHELOR OF COMPUTER SCIENCE FASTEST AND CHEAPEST WAY?

Unfortunately, there is no one fastest or cheapest way and every option is going to take time and hard work. Particularly if you're looking for a CS degree to get a job in the U.S., which it sounded like your goal previously.

Speaking of, when you were last on the forum you asked a few similar questions. In one thread I think bjcheung77 provided you with some great next steps considering you're in South Korea. A few of us gave other suggestions in another. You might want to revisit those first if you haven't already done so and feel free to add additional questions after.

https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...pid=268456
https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...pid=269244

Hopefully, those threads help. If not, we can try to provide some further support.

By the way, just having a technical degree won't guarantee a quick job (or a job at all), particularly here in the U.S. There are plenty of college graduates out there with technology degrees that are unable to find employment in their field.

As for those people who have jobs in technical fields without a degree. They usually do that through hard work: earning certifications, building applications that they can show off, volunteering to help in open source projects, or proving themselves in some other way, etc. I worked in software engineering for more than two decades without any degree, but it was because I was able to demonstrate I was as good or better than college grads in some way.

Getting a job can also be about being in the right place at the right time and/or knowing the right people. Not much you can do about that other than to network with people and find ways for you and your work to be seen.

Good luck. Smile
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
that korea bachelor degree not accpeted by visa provide, so that is need I cs degree in usa, that is correctly can get a visa.
korea bachelor degree not accredited.
They said no you can't
What Can I do now?

maybe I gonna japan online university, and step to next level master degree in Europe somewhere.
Is that master degree how to be a hard none English user?
Thanks for helping me Merlin.
Sometimes I came paranoid.
So maybe I was gonna out of my mind.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Path/degree recommendation for a 40 yr old man with no degree Freyo27 0 18 35 minutes ago
Last Post: Freyo27
  Degree planning help - UMPI BBA vs PUG BSBA crowbird 34 579 1 hour ago
Last Post: crowbird
  Educational Degree Planning Help nhmimi 5 99 1 hour ago
Last Post: RachelB
  Degree Planning- MS degree dodek101 8 309 2 hours ago
Last Post: Captainrekt000
  Bachelors Psychology to Masters advice Nexum 5 345 8 hours ago
Last Post: BELEEMA
  Potential Degree Input, Please curious 4 135 Yesterday, 06:39 AM
Last Post: curious
  DBA degree: online, 2-3 years, top US or UK school, accredited absamer 22 1,476 03-26-2024, 11:54 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Question 40 something would love some guidance on how/where/what Bachelors to get! joyfulhelper 5 212 03-26-2024, 10:44 PM
Last Post: Hotdogman1
  Degree Planning Advice - 31, Norway, No Higher Education ASenna 28 1,851 03-26-2024, 06:00 AM
  Masters Degree in Texas Melhux 3 177 03-26-2024, 05:45 AM