Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transfer of final AOS credits?
With the new (unofficial/not fully confirmed) requirement of needing to have all/most of your AOS courses completed to register for the Capstone, I'm organizing things to make sure everything works out and that my registration is accepted. There are two upper level BYU-IS courses which I'll probably be finishing not long before registering for the Capstone. I also need to take into consideration the time it will take for the credits to transfer.

- Since the credits are from a regionally-accredited school, rather than ACE, how long will it take for them to reach TESU?
- Although it would normally take 3-4 weeks to have the credits evaluated, since it's registering for the Capstone, and something that affects your graduation date, do you think TESU would expedite the evaluation of those credits?
If you manage to get in your transcript about 2-3 weeks before the Capstone registration ends, you could then request TESU to expedite the evaluation process. Can’t guarantee, but they might be willing to help you out. They did it for me.
As for the transcripts reaching TESU, I suppose you don’t have the option of emailing it? Then you have to be prepared for another 3 or so days of snail-mail delivery. Don’t know how long it takes for post to be delivered where you live.
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4
[-] The following 1 user Likes Supermind's post:
  • pws
Transcripts normally take the same amount of time to reach TESU as ACE (maybe even longer, although there may be an automated process online).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • pws
I emailed BYU and it looks like a digital copy (eTranscript) of your transcript is definitely possible.

However, they mention the following on their webpage:
Quote:
  • If your transcript needs to go to a third party recipient (school, company, etc.), check with them to see if they will accept electronic PDF copies. Also, be aware that many third parties want to receive the transcript directly from BYU instead of forwarded from you.
  • eTranscripts are delivered as a PDF, and are meant to be viewed electronically. If printed, they become unofficial and “Copy of Certified PDF” will be displayed across the transcript. Viewing electronic transcripts on mobile devices is not supported.

They also mention notarized copies, although only by physical mail:
Quote:Does your transcript need to be notarized?
Select the “Paper Transcript – Notary” option when you order, and our office will be notified to fulfill that request. The transcript will be mailed to the address you provide in the order. There is an additional $5.00 fee for notarization.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UC Berkeley Extension courses can transfer ItsNeverTheLionsYear 2 188 Yesterday, 11:16 AM
Last Post: davewill
  Is an academic certificate a degree for the purposes of "new" credits? Am I screwed? ItsNeverTheLionsYear 3 177 03-13-2024, 08:53 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Credit Transfer Confusion legenwait4itdary 30 2,497 03-01-2024, 12:08 AM
Last Post: legenwait4itdary
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 680 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
Lightbulb TESU - Course Transfer Questions mweichert 12 914 02-15-2024, 03:02 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Organizational Leadership Cert SDC transfer credits Kones 5 462 02-10-2024, 03:48 PM
Last Post: MrPanda
  TESU Max Credit Transfer and graduation speed? ecdw94 3 660 02-01-2024, 07:05 AM
Last Post: jch
  What constitutes "new" credits for 2nd degree? homeschoolmom1 8 488 01-15-2024, 10:50 PM
  BA Computer Science Final upper class to take Armstrong 17 941 01-11-2024, 01:04 AM
  Emailing TESU about planning external credits into academic evaluation aperantosbias 9 606 12-29-2023, 10:37 PM
Last Post: Quackerz