Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transfer to Excelsior or TESU
Hello Everyone,

I currently 137 credits(not all applied to my program though) through a local college. Due to life and unforeseen events I am looking for a more flexible route to finish up my degree this summer and I have heard positives about both schools mentioned in the subject. Currently with my Healthcare Admin program I am short a couple classes so my hope is most of my credits will transfer over so I can take two last classes or dsst/clep test out of it. I know this is hard to know but, from what you all have seen do both schools take most credits from other schools?
I know that Excelsior is more geared toward medical sciences. They have a degree in Healthcare Management (https://www.excelsior.edu/programs/healt...lor-degree) and other related degrees in their Health Sciences Department (https://www.excelsior.edu/programs/healt...es-degrees). However, I haven't seen anything in the field at Thomas Edison State University (TESU) except nursing. TESU does, nonetheless, tend to accept all courses from other colleges and universities. I would check out the links at Excelsior as well as speak to an advisor (even by email) at TESU because they may be able to assist in recommending a degree for you there. Also, you may be able to get two degrees as I see no reason why you shouldn't. As far as falling short on a class or so, the requirements may be different for each school and you may have more than enough while only needing to take capstone or courses for their requirements.
there's also WGU

https://www.wgu.edu/online-nursing-healt...ogram.html

but that will probably require more than a couple of CLEPs to finish
TESU will give you the least amount of crap about transferring stuff in, generally, of any of the big 3. COSC is better for FEMA credits though

Excelsior is more geared to healthcare stuff in general but its more expensive than TESU.

its hard to say from the amount of info you've provided but if I were you I would probably look at TESU
Study.com - 177 CR. TESU - 39 CR. Middle Georgia State University - 15 CR. Sonoran Desert Institute - 42 CR. COSC - 6 CR. Excelsior - 6 CR. CLEP - 6 CR. Sophia - 14 CR. TEEX - 2 CR. Shmoop - 18 CR. NFA - 4 CR. The Institutes - 2 CR. FEMA - 20ish

BA in History/English from TESU. 
BA in Communications from TESU. AS in Firearms Technology from SDI.

You should probably list your credits here, and we can help more from there.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Apply to both and see which plan is easier to complete!

In my experience though TESU seems to be the most flexible
How about charter oaks, are they pretty flexible like tesu?
For healthcare related, I think Excelsior will give you the most credits and TESU the least. But you would have to get them to look at your transcripts to know for sure.

Excelsior would also be nice because your degree could be in the field. TESU's Health Sciences degree would probably not be a good fit for you, because of the concentrations they offer. I think they only take students once or twice a year anyway. It's a program where they work with another school, so it's different than their others.

Apply to BOTH.

They will look at you differently.  I did and TESU did not accept as many credits as Excelsior College.  Also, note that Excelsior is 50% nurses.

Apply to BOTH. Wink
Non-Traditional Undergraduate College Credits (634 SH): *FTCC Noncourse Credits (156 SH) *DSST (78 SH) *CPL (64 SH) *JST Military/ACE (48 SH) *CBA (44 SH) *CLEP (42 SH) *FEMA IS (40 SH) *FEMA EM (38 SH) *ECE/UExcel (30 SH) *PLA Portfolio (28 SH) *EMI/ACE (19 SH) *TEEX/ACE (16 SH) *CWE (11 SH) *NFA/ACE (10 SH) *Kaplan/ACE (3 SH) *CPC (2 SH) *AICP/ACE (2 SH) *Sophia/ACE (2 SH) and *FRTI-UM/ACE (1 SH).
Non-Traditional Graduate College Credits (14 SH): AMU (6 SH); NFHS (5 SH); and JSU (3 SH).

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,999 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,670 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,126 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,663 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,742 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,359 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,604 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,336 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,392 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,868 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore