Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Transferring ACE to Arizona State University
So ASU makes it super hard to find out how to transfer ACE credit, so I'm curious to know if there is anyone here that has or know of anyone who have been able to transfer ACE credit to them?
From what little I've seen of ASU, they make it pretty much impossible to translate ACE credits to them. I think they really only accept CLEP and, then, only specific ones. I do not think that they accept Sophia, SDC, etc. What degree are you wanting to get?
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
I've never seen anything from ASU to indicate that they accept any ACE credits besides *CLEP, AP, and DSST along with IB and probably military transcripts.

*They accept most CLEPs/DSSTs but not every single one and their score requirements and awarded credits may differ from ACE recommendations.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
Now that ACE transcripts are free to send digitally via the new Acclaim/Credly system, you should go ahead and send it everywhere. We know that it's often difficult to get an actual answer from a school regarding their acceptance of ACE credit. Because there's likely no cost or risk to you for sending an institution your ACE transcript, send it first and ask questions later. Find the e-transcript email address from the registrar's office and send it in.

ASU does list Acclaim/Credly as an acceptable secured transcript service: https://admission.asu.edu/transcripts#transcript-secure
(Note that this has no bearing on whether or not they actually accept ACE credit. It just means that they'll know what do you when you email them your Acclaim/Credly/ACE transcript)

For most schools, you can send digital transcripts to registrar@<school>.edu and they'll route them to the right place. Per the link above, ASU requests that you use transcripts@asu.edu

Please report back what happens
TESU Class of 2024 BSBA-CIS+GM, BSIT, ASNSM-CS+Math, AAS-GEN
Earned credits from Sophia, SDC, ASU ULC, TEEX, Microsoft, Strayer, TESU, Saylor, DSST, CLEP, CompTIA, StraighterLine, and others since starting in April 2020
(02-11-2021, 03:33 PM)harrit Wrote: So ASU makes it super hard to find out how to transfer ACE credit, so I'm curious to know if there is anyone here that has or know of anyone who have been able to transfer ACE credit to them?

It's because they don't take ACE credit, except some limited credits from military.  I've seen schools that will take 3cr for PE and that's it.  This is probably one of those schools.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
All of the top 300 universities in US won't accept ACE.
The one exception is Florida International University. They will take a few Straighterline courses which you score higher than 80/100 at final exams.

ACE credits make very little sense to popular brick & mortar universities... the Sophia ACE courses are way too easy and I consider them to be continuing education credits.
(02-11-2021, 04:25 PM)nomaduser Wrote: All of the top 300 universities in US won't accept ACE.
The one exception is Florida International University. They will take a few Straighterline courses which you score higher than 80/100 at final exams.

ACE credits make very little sense to popular brick & mortar universities... the Sophia ACE courses are way too easy and I consider them to be continuing education credits.

You contacted 300 of the top universities?
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
[-] The following 2 users Like MNomadic's post:
  • FastTrackDegree, ss20ts
(02-11-2021, 04:37 PM)MNomadic Wrote: You contacted 300 of the top universities?

I've searched through nearly all of them. Yes...
However, I found the ones that will ever accept ACE are online continuing education departments.
i.e. University of Alabama's online continuing education department will accept 45 ACE credits. CUNY's school of professional studies will accept 45 ACE credits too.

So, If you want to get a degree from one of the top 400 brick and mortar universities, stay away from ACE credits. Don't waste your time.
Stick with CLEP and self-paced online courses.

The only exception is FIU.
FIU online will accept maybe 20-30 ACE credits from Straighterline as long as you score higher than 80/100 at proctored final exams.
(02-11-2021, 04:38 PM)nomaduser Wrote:
(02-11-2021, 04:37 PM)MNomadic Wrote: You contacted 300 of the top universities?

So, If you want to get a degree from one of the top 400 brick and mortar universities, stay away from ACE credits. Don't waste your time.

Truth.  If you want to go to a "traditional" school, you're going to have to go the "traditional" way. It's hard to get shortcuts for a lot of schools, besides CLEP.

If you want to use ACE, you have 2 options:

1) find a school that will take ANY AA/AS degree and bring it in for full credit (60cr) and all GE's are considered completed.  Now, I'm not saying there are a lot out there, but there are a few.  There are more that will accept ANY AA/AS degree and bring it in for partial credit, covering the "GE Core" or whatever they call it at that particular school.  So you'd trade 60cr for 35cr or 42cr or 27cr or whatever.  I guess that's better than nothing.

2) Choose a 4yr school that accepts ACE credit (90cr would be ideal) that doesn't cost too much to finish that final year of residency.  UMGC, PUG, Bellevue, SNHU, the Big 3, etc.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • jch
(02-11-2021, 04:38 PM)nomaduser Wrote:

I've searched through nearly all of them. Yes...
However, I found the ones that will ever accept ACE are online continuing education departments.
i.e. University of Alabama's online continuing education department will accept 45 ACE credits. CUNY's school of professional studies will accept 45 ACE credits too.

The only exception is FIU.
FIU online will accept maybe 20-30 ACE credits from Straighterline as long as you score higher than 80/100 at proctored final exams.

CUNY is NOT an online school. CUNY is the City University of New York. It is a state and NYC funded brick & mortar school in NYC with multiple campuses. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Prompt Engineering Course by Vanderbilt University on Coursera LevelUP 2 224 03-23-2024, 05:28 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Graham School - University of Chicago Charles Fout 12 1,613 03-22-2024, 07:19 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  Accounting courses from CPACredits.com/Upper Iowa University inor 22 1,554 03-15-2024, 05:30 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  American Public University? nomaduser 33 2,936 03-14-2024, 07:45 PM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  Eastern University Self-Paced online Degrees natshar 2 601 03-06-2024, 10:03 PM
Last Post: jumlouh
  University of Idaho acquiring University of Phoenix bjcheung77 10 1,243 03-04-2024, 06:26 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  University of California System Bans Fully Online Degrees davewill 23 3,611 03-01-2024, 10:57 AM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  LLB University of London Online newdegree 1 351 02-28-2024, 01:46 PM
Last Post: freeloader
Brick Want a bachelor's degree in 3 years? University of Minnesota, Morris is trying... Ares 8 482 02-24-2024, 06:04 PM
Last Post: natshar
  Metropolia University Common Problems Resolved mariobros1985 21 2,491 02-24-2024, 06:39 AM
Last Post: therightstuff