Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transferring Credit after Academic Evaluation
Hello,
I’m enrolled at TESU and I’ve received my academic evaluation from them. I’m taking a course now. My question is, can I continue to transfer credits in from other sources and have them applied to my degree program?
Thanks!
Yes you can do as many courses as you want and apply it to your degree, the only two courses you need to take at TESU is the Cornerstone and the Capstone... and no, if that course doesn't have anything to do with your degree, you can take it, but of course it won't be for credit towards that degree. I suggest you "share" your evaluation so we can guide you through the process...

For example, if you're going for a BSBA there are only 6 free credits that can be anything, if you've used those up, unless they are general education courses and you haven't finished those, it'll be moved to the "other courses" at the bottom of the list... You should do yourself a favor, copy/paste or post a doc/pdf of your evaluation, we can guide you through the requirements. Just remove your personal details.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(03-17-2021, 10:42 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Yes you can do as many courses as you want and apply it to your degree, the only two courses you need to take at TESU is the Cornerstone and the Capstone... and no, if that course doesn't have anything to do with your degree, you can take it, but of course it won't be for credit towards that degree.  I suggest you "share" your evaluation so we can guide you through the process...

For example, if you're going for a BSBA there are only 6 free credits that can be anything, if you've used those up, unless they are general education courses and you haven't finished those, it'll be moved to the "other courses" at the bottom of the list... You should do yourself a favor, copy/paste or post a doc/pdf of your evaluation, we can guide you through the requirements.  Just remove your personal details.

I was wondering if you know how long TESU takes to apply credits from SDC to your academic profile?  It has been almost a month since my sons started the Cornerstone, and TESU has still not applied our SDC credits from 5 classes to the profile.
It's a guessing game, from the looks of things, TESU may not have received the transcripts from Study.com, I would email both Study.com just to verify they've sent the request and also email TESU academic advising that you've sent in the transcripts and waiting for an evaluation to be completed. Usually at the longest, it would take 25 days to get the updated evaluation email... I have usually received the update before I get the email confirmation.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(03-17-2021, 10:22 PM)rthomas23@gmail.com Wrote: Hello,
I’m enrolled at TESU and I’ve received my academic evaluation from them. I’m taking a course now. My question is, can I continue to transfer credits in from other sources and have them applied to my degree program?
Thanks!

Yes, you can continue to transfer in credits from other sources. Bear in mind that TESU now restricts you to 90 credits from non-collegiate sources such as Sophia.org and Study.com. 6 of the remaining credits are the capstone and the cornerstone from TESU. The rest of the credits can come from ANY accepted college and do not need to be taken at TESU. Both TEL Learning and Olivet Nazarene University are popular recommendations here due to the low cost per credit ($66 and $50). 

Depending on your degree, it's generally recommended that you 8 gen ed classes from TEL or ONU to make 24 credits, fill out the remainder of your gen ed requirements with Sophia.org, and then finish off with ULs classes from Study.com.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • jch
(03-17-2021, 10:42 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Yes you can do as many courses as you want and apply it to your degree, the only two courses you need to take at TESU is the Cornerstone and the Capstone... and no, if that course doesn't have anything to do with your degree, you can take it, but of course it won't be for credit towards that degree.  I suggest you "share" your evaluation so we can guide you through the process...

For example, if you're going for a BSBA there are only 6 free credits that can be anything, if you've used those up, unless they are general education courses and you haven't finished those, it'll be moved to the "other courses" at the bottom of the list... You should do yourself a favor, copy/paste or post a doc/pdf of your evaluation, we can guide you through the requirements.  Just remove your personal details.

Thanks for this information! I attached my current BSBA CIS evaluation, which I'm enrolled in. I also used the "what if I changed my major?" tool to generate an alternative evaluation for BSBA General Management to see if that could speed things up for me. I was recently granted 9 credits for my PMP certification, and it appears that those credits and a couple of others go further in the BSBA General Management evaluation. 

I have 20 years of business / IT experience. I'm a good test taker and I've already passed a few CLEP exams, but I'd prefer to get credit using a platform that I can do entirely from home.

Speed is the prime factor for me. This degree is mostly to check a box at work for future promotion opportunities. In addition, I may press on and get an MBA. 

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
LevelingUp

.pdf   BSBA CIS Evaluation1.pdf (Size: 483.12 KB / Downloads: 23)

.pdf   BSBA General Management Evaluation.pdf (Size: 149.75 KB / Downloads: 23)
I would definitely go with the General Management concentration, your PMP cert covers 9 of the 12 UL credits you'd need for the AOS. Your community college credits take care of the limit on ACE/non-RA transfers as well.

I'd use this roadmap from @rachel83az: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...ts_Roadmap

Fill in the gaps in your general education section. Sophia will be the cheapest option @ $79 a month for unlimited courses. For Oral Communication, I'd use Study.com's Communications 120 course (it's ~25 lessons & a final exam, probably the easiest course you'll ever take). Once you're done with GenEds, use this: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...egree_Plan to finish the rest. Smile
(03-18-2021, 11:37 AM)dbinghamjr Wrote: I would definitely go with the General Management concentration, your PMP cert covers 9 of the 12 UL credits you'd need for the AOS. Your community college credits take care of the limit on ACE/non-RA transfers as well.

I'd use this roadmap from @rachel83az: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...ts_Roadmap

Fill in the gaps in your general education section. Sophia will be the cheapest option @ $79 a month for unlimited courses. For Oral Communication, I'd use Study.com's Communications 120 course (it's ~25 lessons & a final exam, probably the easiest course you'll ever take). Once you're done with GenEds, use this: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...egree_Plan to finish the rest. Smile

Great point, thanks for sharing those resources! Question, if I officially change my major, will I have to obtain a new evaluation from TESU? 

Thanks
LevelingUp
(03-19-2021, 09:54 AM)LevelingUp Wrote:
(03-18-2021, 11:37 AM)dbinghamjr Wrote: I would definitely go with the General Management concentration, your PMP cert covers 9 of the 12 UL credits you'd need for the AOS. Your community college credits take care of the limit on ACE/non-RA transfers as well.

Great point, thanks for sharing those resources! Question, if I officially change my major, will I have to obtain a new evaluation from TESU? 

Thanks
LevelingUp

It'll be automatic once you email advising about changing your degree.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(03-19-2021, 10:32 AM)rachel83az Wrote:
(03-19-2021, 09:54 AM)LevelingUp Wrote:

Thanks
LevelingUp

It'll be automatic once you email advising about changing your degree.

Thanks! I went ahead and made an appointment with an advisor for Monday to discuss. Do you see any downsides? I just want to be sure as making this change will move my eval from the 2020 catalog year to the 2021 catalog year. Do you know if that make a significant difference? 

Thanks!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Recent Evaluation for Google IT Support MissRN 8 371 Yesterday, 06:41 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Is an academic certificate a degree for the purposes of "new" credits? Am I screwed? ItsNeverTheLionsYear 3 340 03-13-2024, 08:53 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Credit Transfer Confusion legenwait4itdary 30 2,744 03-01-2024, 12:08 AM
Last Post: legenwait4itdary
  TESU Max Credit Transfer and graduation speed? ecdw94 3 779 02-01-2024, 07:05 AM
Last Post: jch
  Emailing TESU about planning external credits into academic evaluation aperantosbias 9 643 12-29-2023, 10:37 PM
Last Post: Quackerz
  Credit distribution Kones 6 516 10-13-2023, 01:24 PM
Last Post: Kones
  TESU launching MyProgress to replace Academic Evaluations jch 38 3,555 09-23-2023, 11:40 AM
  BACS/BSBA CIS - Transferring Credits MortySanchez 12 1,360 09-08-2023, 10:26 AM
  TESU Academic Evaluation & Maximum Transfer Credits bradonomics 19 2,078 09-07-2023, 06:21 PM
  TESU academic evaluation hasn't been returned since 1/23/23. Is that enough time? CanICode 10 1,306 08-04-2023, 12:13 PM
Last Post: CanICode