Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transferring OnlineDegree.com Cybersecurity Course?
Hello everyone!
Does anyone know what the course "Criminal Justice- Cybersecurity & Cybercrime" from onlinedegree.com transfers over as at TESU? I'm looking into the BACS program and wondering if that course transfers as a CS course.
Thanks! Smile
Go to this page, and click on the blue link near TESU. The link will download all the courses that transfer from onlinedegree and the equivalences to TESU. If you have a degree plan already @ TESU I would suggest you contact an advisor to check and make sure that everything is current. Hope that helps. https://www.onlinedegree.com/full-transfer-guide/

(12-01-2020, 01:36 AM)diamonds Wrote: Hello everyone!
Does anyone know what the course "Criminal Justice- Cybersecurity & Cybercrime" from onlinedegree.com transfers over as at TESU? I'm looking into the BACS program and wondering if that course transfers as a CS course.
Thanks! Smile

Have you taken any courses from Online Degree?  I may be interested in the Marketing one, and I was just wondering how it compares to courses from other places?  COVID is closing some of the institutions that offer CLEP around here, and this would be a consideration.
AOJ-228 - so a Criminal Justice course rather than CompSci.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(12-01-2020, 03:19 AM)Dorothy44 Wrote: Have you taken any courses from Online Degree?  I may be interested in the Marketing one, and I was just wondering how it compares to courses from other places?  COVID is closing some of the institutions that offer CLEP around here, and this would be a consideration.

I've been working my way through Astronomy. I've already done Astronomy at ASU so I have a more direct comparison. So far: You have to watch the videos before you can access the quiz. Every single video. It's not like SDC where you can take the quiz after reading the page. You also cannot fast-forward through the videos and watch at an accelerated pace. Videos cannot be marked as complete until the allotted time (for instance, 50 minute video length = 50 minute wait time) has passed. The videos can be lengthy. They use a combination of random videos from YT and (at least for Astronomy) free lectures from Berkley. The actual lectures are around an hour and the YT videos are 3-10 minutes each. I had started the Nutrition course and it was much the same. They do seem to have chosen good videos, for the most part, so it's all interesting to watch.

Since OD is free until you take the test, I would say go ahead and sign up to see if it works for you.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(12-01-2020, 03:19 AM)Dorothy44 Wrote: Go to this page, and click on the blue link near TESU.  The link will download all the courses that transfer from onlinedegree and the equivalences to TESU.  If you have a degree plan already @ TESU I would  suggest you contact an advisor to check and make sure that everything is current.  Hope that helps.  https://www.onlinedegree.com/full-transfer-guide/

Thanks! Smile

Have you taken any courses from Online Degree?  I may be interested in the Marketing one, and I was just wondering how it compares to courses from other places?  COVID is closing some of the institutions that offer CLEP around here, and this would be a consideration.

One thing to keep in mind is that OnlineDegree is not ACE. It's NCCRS and most schools won't accept NCCRS courses. Our host has marketing which is an ACE course. It's $20 a month and then $15 for the exam proctor.

https://www.instantcert.com/credit_cours...-Marketing
(12-01-2020, 09:58 AM)ss20ts Wrote:
(12-01-2020, 03:19 AM)Dorothy44 Wrote: Go to this page, and click on the blue link near TESU.  The link will download all the courses that transfer from onlinedegree and the equivalences to TESU.  If you have a degree plan already @ TESU I would  suggest you contact an advisor to check and make sure that everything is current.  Hope that helps.  https://www.onlinedegree.com/full-transfer-guide/

Thanks! Smile

One thing to keep in mind is that OnlineDegree is not ACE. It's NCCRS and most schools won't accept NCCRS courses. Our host has marketing which is an ACE course. It's $20 a month and then $15 for the exam proctor.

https://www.instantcert.com/credit_cours...-Marketing
Thank you both SS and Rachel!!  Good information.

Thanks! Smile

I'm currently taking the computer science intro to programming course from onlinedegree and I would say it's a very long course (around 60 hours) but for only $9 to take the final it's a steal. For the course I'm taking only the main lecture video corresponds to the quiz that you have to take. So I watch the hour long lecture, do other things while I mute the other 2-3 lectures since they are pointless (youtube videos that suck) and then I take the quiz. If you pay attention to the main lecture video you will most likely get a very high score on the quizzes. This is my first class so I'm not sure about the marketing course or how the final is but if you'd like I can keep you updated!
[-] The following 1 user Likes diamonds's post:
  • rachel83az

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ASNSM in Computer Science and TEEX Cybersecurity? Shorn27 2 362 03-18-2024, 09:28 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  BACS/BSBA CIS - Transferring Credits MortySanchez 12 1,312 09-08-2023, 10:26 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Any disadvantage to transferring credits right away? ItsNeverTheLionsYear 6 782 05-22-2023, 10:39 AM
Last Post: ItsNeverTheLionsYear
  Cybersecurity blackenergy 13 1,519 08-21-2022, 05:30 PM
Last Post: BrianFallon
  Any experience transferring specific study.com courses recently Sallym 5 864 03-23-2022, 05:51 PM
Last Post: Sallym
  Transcript evaluation - transferring RA creds into TESU jazzcat 23 2,708 03-14-2022, 02:43 AM
Last Post: jazzcat
  Canadian College Diploma Credits Transferring as Foreign Credits omarbeila 15 1,382 08-19-2021, 01:09 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Transferring ethics courses from the Institutes to TESU Nadiv10 12 1,236 06-13-2021, 12:41 PM
Last Post: Nadiv10
  Transferring Credit after Academic Evaluation LevelingUp 10 1,376 03-19-2021, 12:22 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU no longer accepting SDC Cybersecurity scout2family 29 4,807 02-22-2020, 12:37 AM
Last Post: inf