Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transferring credits to TESU
Hello everyone,

Back in 2015, I took and passed the Humanites clep, A+I Lit clep, and English lit clep, each worth 6 credits. This year ACE reviewed the tests and bumped each of them down to 3 credits each instead of 6. So this is my question: if I try to have those credits transferred now, will TESU only grant me 3 credits for each test (since I did not transfer them before the tests changed), or will they honor the 6 credits because I passed them before they changed? Has anyone had this issue come up?

Any help is appreciated!
I would guess how ever many credits ACE recommends on your transcript. In this case the higher amount.
MA in progress
Certificate in the Study of Capitalism - University of Arkansas
BS, Business  Administration - Ashworth College
Certificates in Accounting & Finance 
BA, Regents Bachelor of Arts - West Virginia University
AAS & AGS
studyandpass5 Wrote:Hello everyone,

Back in 2015, I took and passed the Humanites clep, A+I Lit clep, and English lit clep, each worth 6 credits. This year ACE reviewed the tests and bumped each of them down to 3 credits each instead of 6. So this is my question: if I try to have those credits transferred now, will TESU only grant me 3 credits for each test (since I did not transfer them before the tests changed), or will they honor the 6 credits because I passed them before they changed? Has anyone had this issue come up?

Any help is appreciated!

I took Here's to Your Health when it was considered UL by ACE and allowed as such by [then] TESC, however, I didn't have it sent until a couple years later. By this point ACE/TESC were granting LL credit for the DSST, and that's what mine was added as. I filed an appeal based on date of testing / ACE approval, but was denied.

All that to say that YMMV :p
BA.SS: TESU '17
AA.LS, with Honors: CC '16
CHW Certification: CC '15
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop."― Confucius

B&M University: '92-'95
CC: '95-'16
CLEP: A&I Lit; '08
DSST: HTYH; '08
FEMA: unusable at TESU
IIA: Ethics & CPCU; '15
Kaplan: PLA course; '14,
NFA: 2 CR; '15
SOPHIA: Intro Soc; '15
Straighterline: US History II, Intro Religion, Bus. Ethics, Prin. Mgmt, Cult. Anthro, Org Behavior, American Gov't, Bus. Comm; '15
Study.com: Social Psych, Hist of Vietnam, Abnorm Psych, Research Methods in Psych, Classroom Mgmt, Ed Psych; '16
TECEP: Psych of Women, Tech Writing, Med Term, Nutrition, Eng Comp I; '16
TESU: BA.SS Capstone course; '16

Ended with a total of 170 undergrad credits (plus lots of CEUs). My "I'm finally done" thread
My guess is that TESU will give you the value based on when you took it since the change was "recent," however, they don't have to, and I suspect that your chances decrease the longer you wait. That's my best guess.
We've seen people here getting 6 for their exams, but that is probably just TESU being gracious for the time being. I suggest you apply and get an evaluation. If they award 6 each, jump on it.
Happily, you will still get 6 credits for each of those exams. All three have a * to explain why TESU is awarding 6 credits instead of three.
CLEP - College-Level Exam Program

* CLEP subject examination update. Thomas Edison State University has conducted an academic program review on this exam. Credit awarded for this exam will be considered TESU assessment credit, not TESU-CLEP credit, and will show on the official transcript under TESU assessment credit.* CLEP subject examination update. Thomas Edison State University has conducted an academic program review on this exam. Credit awarded for this exam will be considered TESU assessment credit, not TESU-CLEP credit, and will show on the official transcript under TESU assessment credit.
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
83 hours of ACE-worthy credits
Yet another reason NOT to delay applying to any of the Big3 once you've decided to go there. That way these tests will get added to your eval as you go.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
Thanks everyone! You all were really helpful.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Credit Banking & cheap/free credits - Asking for a friend SweetSecret 7 1,498 04-06-2024, 12:00 PM
Last Post: Rubeferry18
  Diné College: $55 Credit Hour, $660 Full Time (12+ credits) Ares 19 1,926 02-23-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  If I transfer OTHM Diploma into US University, will they be counted as RA credits? lucillegyl 7 681 02-15-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: lucillegyl
  No ACE credits on ACTFL exam? Aikuroa 12 1,253 01-09-2024, 07:05 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  TESU---Easy Courses and TECEPS midnite123 5 576 01-04-2024, 08:22 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Salvaging FEMA credits CaughtInTheRye12 6 507 12-28-2023, 11:57 PM
Last Post: CaughtInTheRye12
  TESU-----Transcripts??? midnite123 6 424 12-21-2023, 05:19 AM
Last Post: midnite123
  TESU---AA ??? midnite123 15 1,044 11-16-2023, 09:17 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Recommendations For 18 LL or 9 UL Social Science Credits harrypotter 3 397 11-08-2023, 07:27 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Cheapest way to complete CS prerequisites (RA Credits)? therightstuff 18 1,840 11-01-2023, 02:13 AM
Last Post: therightstuff