Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transferring credits *to* University of the People
(02-02-2020, 07:58 AM)udi Wrote:  they didn't understand the questions and would answer something else.

To be fair, this sounds a lot like dealing with TESU advisors  Big Grin
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
(02-01-2020, 06:05 PM)wow Wrote: That's interesting. What schools will accept credits from University of the People? Since they are nationally accredited, I didn't think there were many.

Sounds like you are in one of the master's programs. Which one, and what courses have you taken so far? Was the class they put you in one of the Foundations courses that they require everyone to take? Or is that how they do course signups—the advisor assigns you courses vs you selecting them?

I am always full of questions Smile
I started at Walden in the MBA program. They allow a number of transfer credits from UoPeople. However, UoPeople is ridiculous to try to deal with, especially the first term because you can't register for your own classes the first term. I do think I was dealing with a real person as an advisor, but I also think they did not understand English very well, and therefore could not answer my questions. I actually never had a question that they answered effectively. I ended up enrolled in a course I didn't need, and then could not unenroll from it. I am hoping Walden will let me use it as an elective. The course was organizational behavior, and probably the only reason I didn't really fight it is because the professor was really amazing! Luckily I also took the top grade in the class. Seriously, though, the professor (Dr. Frey) was the best online professor I've ever had. He even took the time to write me a recommendation letter for law school. Other than organizational behavior, I took managerial accounting, and now I'm taking financial management. The managerial accounting instructor was horrible. She was from the US and also just did not seem to be able to understand the questions to answer effectively. I think she had a PhD in accounting, and I'm still trying to figure out how. On the plus side I came out with an "A" in both of the class.

If anyone does decide to take a University of the People classes, be adamant about only taking one class per term, at least at graduate level. The terms are only 8 weeks long, and trying to take two courses is an insane amount of work. The last month, because of group projects where getting teammates to participate is like pulling teeth, I literally was not able to work and also not able to do any volunteering. It was just non-stop school work.

Jsd, no, these advisors are actually even worse than TESU. I didn't think it would be humanly possible but apparently it is. Thank goodness the classes are cheap though!
MBA, Walden University (In progress - 60% done)
2016 TESU, BA-LIBST, Emphases in Multimedia Comm./Human & Social Services
TESU TECEPS: Abnormal Psych PSY-350, Psych of Women PSY-270, Sales Mgmnt MAR-322, Advertising MAR-323, Marketing COM-210; Capstone w/ Ciacco
Other Sources: CLEP, Art Portfolio, 3 Comm. Colleges, 2 Art Colleges,  FEMA, AICPCU Ethics

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  American Public University? nomaduser 36 3,422 04-16-2024, 12:15 PM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  Credit Banking & cheap/free credits - Asking for a friend SweetSecret 7 1,482 04-06-2024, 12:00 PM
Last Post: Rubeferry18
  Prompt Engineering Course by Vanderbilt University on Coursera LevelUP 2 314 03-23-2024, 05:28 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Graham School - University of Chicago Charles Fout 12 1,716 03-22-2024, 07:19 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  Accounting courses from CPACredits.com/Upper Iowa University inor 22 1,756 03-15-2024, 05:30 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Eastern University Self-Paced online Degrees natshar 2 738 03-06-2024, 10:03 PM
Last Post: jumlouh
  University of Idaho acquiring University of Phoenix bjcheung77 10 1,309 03-04-2024, 06:26 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  University of California System Bans Fully Online Degrees davewill 23 3,735 03-01-2024, 10:57 AM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  LLB University of London Online newdegree 1 400 02-28-2024, 01:46 PM
Last Post: freeloader
  People Who Regret Their College Majors Are Sharing What Their Major Was LevelUP 22 1,529 02-26-2024, 07:34 PM
Last Post: jsd