Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transferring letter grades from EC?
Hello everyone this is my first post. I've completed several CLEP tests with the help of IC and it has worked great. I'm currently enrolled at TESC and I've found out that CLEP and DANTES tests only show up as pass/fail while EC gives them a letter grade. Would I be able to report my scores to EC get a letter grade and transfer that credit to TESC while keeping that letter grade on my TESC transcript?
LCPL_Underground Wrote:Hello everyone this is my first post. I've completed several CLEP tests with the help of IC and it has worked great. I'm currently enrolled at TESC and I've found out that CLEP and DANTES tests only show up as pass/fail while EC gives them a letter grade. Would I be able to report my scores to EC get a letter grade and transfer that credit to TESC while keeping that letter grade on my TESC transcript?

Hi LCPL,

Unfortunately, that won't work. Each school evaluates your CLEP/DANTES credits according to their OWN rules. One school might award you credit for certain exams that another school won't accept at all. One school might award a passing grade, whilst another school awards you a letter grade. One school might accept anything above a 50 as a passing score, whilst another school might require you to score higher.

Remember, when you transfer credits into a school, they are free to accept, reject, or re-evaluate anything they want to. This applies to CLEP/DANTES credits as well as course credits from other schools.

Since TESC's policy is to assign only a 'P' grade to all CLEP and DANTES exams, that is what they will place on your TESC transcript EVEN IF you were already awarded letter grades for the same exams elsewhere.

Hope that helps,
Snazzlefrag
My name is Rob

Total Credits: 142 (12 not used).
[SIZE=1]GPA: 4.0
[/SIZE]
While EC does award a letter grade for dsst's they only grant p/f for cleps.
Judy -
AS - Computer Science - Andover college
BS - Mgmt Information Systems -June 08
MS - Info Systems Mgmt - Start Aug 08 - UMBC
But a DSST won't show up a letter grade if transferred from EC to TESC?
LCPL_Underground Wrote:But a DSST won't show up a letter grade if transferred from EC to TESC?
No, because when TESC sees that it was a DSST that got you the letter grade, they will just apply their own rules... it'll go on your TESC eval/transcript as a Pass (CR).
You can't fail if you never give up
[COLOR="blue"]- Some ridiculous Zach Braff movie, but what a cool quote!!

I'm the king of procrastination. I first submitted my app to TESC in 1993. THIS will be the year of my degree completion![/COLOR]

PASSED:
CLEP-Information Systems & Computer Applications: Scored 62; Nov 07
CLEP-Analyzing & Interpreting Literature: Scored 57; Feb 08
DANTES-Criminal Justice: Scored 54; Jan 08
DANTES-Fundamentals of College Algebra: Scored 47 (and 47 is the req'd pass score! :eek: ); Jan 08
DANTES-Drug & Alcohol Abuse: Scored 57; Feb 08
DANTES-Ethics in America: Scored 55; Feb 08
DANTES-Organizational Behavior: Score 54; Mar 08
DANTES-Technical Writing: Score 58; Mar 08

FELL SHORT OF A PASSING SCORE (I'll never say the 'F' word):
ECE-Organizational Behavior: Score D (but passed DANTES version 2 hours later! Big Grin )
And this whole time I thought I was being smart.
LCPL_Underground Wrote:And this whole time I thought I was being smart.
>>

You are being smart- you are thinking outside the box! Getting through this can seem a bit like being a rat in a maze at times, but there ARE plenty of short cuts and easter eggs.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does TESU mail grades? fingerscrossedx2 6 1,583 05-27-2018, 09:00 PM
Last Post: fingerscrossedx2
  Letter of intent to graduate the same as the certification email? Chef945 4 1,598 02-18-2018, 08:18 PM
Last Post: Chef945
  Anyone take LIB 495 September term and still waiting on grades? cali86 6 1,327 12-05-2017, 02:57 PM
Last Post: rlw74
  Question about transferring to TESU kalyway 13 3,471 08-18-2017, 04:12 PM
Last Post: kalyway
  TECEP Grades Synicaal 7 2,201 06-13-2017, 10:54 PM
Last Post: bghill
  Transfering credit from SL or Study.com to TESU. Do grades transfer too? Vin 12 3,473 05-13-2017, 12:22 PM
Last Post: Vin
  Considering transferring FROM Liberty to one of B3...thoughts? Gymfan15 7 1,083 05-08-2017, 12:39 AM
Last Post: Gymfan15
  Transferring credit out of TESC uselezzz 6 1,398 05-06-2017, 10:16 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Do CSU Global CBE's show a letter grade on COSC transcript? ITS320EX Basic Programmin mudball 1 1,344 04-13-2017, 02:27 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Finding TECEP grades pandas4eva 7 1,745 02-21-2017, 04:08 PM
Last Post: dfrecore