StraighterLine
Edit | Delete
Introduction to Biology*
StraighterLine
01/25/2018
01/29/2018
Denied by Organization on 01/30/2018 
Reason: The organization has no record of this student

I double checked to make sure the names were identical on both sites, etc. **sigh**

I just sent a message to SL asking "what the heck"

I could use some direction. I'm sure I'm not the only one to have experienced this. Right?  Confused TIA
“Crazy people don't know they're crazy. I know I'm crazy, therefore I'm not crazy, isn't that crazy?” 

― Captain Jack Sparrow
My Next Goal: Pondering Masters Program ??
Completed:  145+ Credits. Joined this forum October 2017 w/ 6 B&M Credits. Earned 117cr in 10 mo.! Graduated Sept 2019 TESU BSBA GM & ASNSM-CS
*SL 54 Cr *Shmoop 30 Cr +/- *Aleks 6 *Study.com 30+*TEEX 11 *CPCU 2 *B&M 6 
In Process:  Pondering  Big Grin
I think they look at more than just the name. Make sure the Middle name and Prefix/Suffix are the same as well. Also, make sure the email address/mailing address, other contact info used for both are the same. Is this the only course out of several that has issues? If it is, then StraighterLine will fix it on their end and send the details to ACE, I would wait for their reply and see what's up.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I think one of Jennifer's kids had this issue due to their email address not matching on both SL and ACE.

But I'm probably mixing up who this happened to or the service it happened on or something.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
[-] The following 1 user Likes jsd's post:
  • cookderosa
Just got another rejection from ACE this morning stating the same thing: Reason: The organization has no record of this student 

I have no response from SL yet, so I decided to CHAT, IF they are online, of course! Luckily this time they ARE online. Anyhow, the gal said to make sure my emails match-- and they do after I read last night that they need to match. So I changed it and resubmitted-- still didn't fix it since the email stated this morning "no record of student"

The gal in chat said to try again since more time has passed since I changed the email and maybe it needed 'time'. So, I just resubmitted. Stay tuned! 

It still just doesn't make sense because my first rejection stated that the student didn't finish all of the content-- which I did complete it then went to report it to ACE right after. **sigh**  Who knows?! I just hope it gets figured out so I can knock out the rest of my 20+ courses thru them!
“Crazy people don't know they're crazy. I know I'm crazy, therefore I'm not crazy, isn't that crazy?” 

― Captain Jack Sparrow
Completed:  145+ Credits. Joined this forum October 2017 w/ 6 B&M Credits. Earned 117cr in 10 mo.! Graduated Sept 2019 TESU BSBA GM & ASNSM-CS
(01-30-2018, 08:22 PM)jsd Wrote: I think one of Jennifer's kids had this issue due to their email address not matching on both SL and ACE.

But I'm probably mixing up who this happened to or the service it happened on or something.

Yes! You have to not only have the same names, but email addresses too! In our case we had one of my sons from years ago (before he had a computer/email account) using my email and then fast forward years later and he used his email when he took classes- anyway, it should be fixable when you make sure everything matches. Also, SL is VERY VERY VERY picky on the exactness of name. My son's name is Alexander but uses Alex 99% of the time. I think his ACE account had Alexander and SL had Alex or something and we had to change it.

anyway, hang in there- you'll be fine once you guys find the discrepancy and get it squared away.
(01-31-2018, 02:24 PM)cookderosa Wrote: Yes!  You have to  not only have the same names, but email addresses too!  In our case we had one of my sons from years ago (before he had a computer/email account) using my email and then fast forward years later and he used his email when he took classes- anyway, it should be fixable when you make sure everything matches.  Also, SL is VERY VERY VERY picky on the exactness of name.  My son's name is Alexander but uses Alex 99% of the time.  I think his ACE account had Alexander and SL had Alex or something and we had to change it.  

anyway, hang in there- you'll be fine once you guys find the discrepancy and get it squared away.

Thanks Jennifer! I will keep at it. I've got everything matched, including phone numbers! This is actually for my husbands SL & ACE account, I just hope it get's squared away and I won't have to do this each time! I thought maybe he signed up as Randy on his ACE acct instead of Randal (he does the same thing as your son Alex, goes by Randy 99% of the time). But he didn't, he just used our family email since I'm the one overlooking everything. So, we had to change it to HIS email. LOL We have a long way to go still with SL and would hate to deal with this each time. I'm sure I'd be bald by pulling my hair out!

― Captain Jack Sparrow
(01-31-2018, 02:45 PM)scout2family Wrote:
(01-31-2018, 02:24 PM)cookderosa Wrote: Yes!  You have to  not only have the same names, but email addresses too!  In our case we had one of my sons from years ago (before he had a computer/email account) using my email and then fast forward years later and he used his email when he took classes- anyway, it should be fixable when you make sure everything matches.  Also, SL is VERY VERY VERY picky on the exactness of name.  My son's name is Alexander but uses Alex 99% of the time.  I think his ACE account had Alexander and SL had Alex or something and we had to change it.  

Thanks Jennifer! I will keep at it. I've got everything matched, including phone numbers! This is actually for my husbands SL & ACE account, I just hope it get's squared away and I won't have to do this each time! I thought maybe he signed up as Randy on his ACE acct instead of Randal (he does the same thing as your son Alex, goes by Randy 99% of the time). But he didn't, he just used our family email since I'm the one overlooking everything. So, we had to change it to HIS email. LOL We have a long way to go still with SL and would hate to deal with this each time. I'm sure I'd be bald by pulling my hair out!

I can confirm you WON'T have to do this each time, once it matches you'll be good. I know it's frustrating. (((hugs)))
Just wanted to update by saying it is fixed! Wooo! I guess after you change your email to MATCH-- you 'should' wait 24 hours before asking ACE to get those credits.

And thanks, Jennifer! It is frustrating, as you know! But am thankful I have you all. (((hugs)))

― Captain Jack Sparrow
(02-04-2018, 08:57 PM)scout2family Wrote: Just wanted to update by saying it is fixed! Wooo! I guess after you change your email to MATCH-- you 'should' wait 24 hours before asking ACE to get those credits.

And thanks, Jennifer! It is frustrating, as you know! But am thankful I have you all. (((hugs)))

YEAH!!! So, that should put an end to this issue and future courses should appear without incident. Good thing you hung in there Wink Congrats to your hubby.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Missing Credly Badges form StraighterLine legenwait4itdary 4 524 03-29-2024, 01:19 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Missing Straighterline credits on credly yc1981 2 175 03-27-2024, 07:53 AM
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 468,503 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Saylor business classes jb111 4 415 03-14-2024, 08:00 PM
Last Post: Chimera
Brick MAT150 - Straighterline - Final Exam riteshvpandya 2 335 02-26-2024, 11:31 PM
Last Post: riteshvpandya
  Is the Introduction to Religion REL 101 proctored exam at Straighterline open book? Breaachh 2 324 02-16-2024, 10:49 PM
  StraighterLine: do I have to complete everything to finish a course? jch 3 711 11-11-2023, 09:02 AM
Last Post: jch
  Straighterline Bio Lab Invoice reir 0 437 11-02-2023, 04:24 PM
Last Post: reir
  Straighterline etc - Graduate Credits in Education? nykorn 5 641 10-22-2023, 07:56 PM
  Do classes from Study.com & Sophia.org appear on Studentclearinghouse.org if... UMPI CanICode 9 1,138 10-17-2023, 12:53 PM
Last Post: davewill