Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tulane University - Google Associate Cloud Engineer Course Free
(01-20-2021, 05:17 PM)MNomadic Wrote:
(01-20-2021, 05:05 PM)rachel83az Wrote: We'll have to see what actually happens but it looks like you're supposed to pay extra to take the exam if you want ACE credit. It'll be interesting to see if Tulane possibly grants credit without the exam or if they provide an exam voucher at all. I don't think I'll be paying for the exam myself otherwise.
I've seen no mention of this course, or the Google cloud certification being worth ACE credit.

I agree.  I went to the ACE National Guide, and it does not list this as an ACE-recommended course.  I did some more searching and found where the confusion may lie.  https://cloud.google.com/certification/cloud-engineer

There is some wording that says:

Step 2: Understand what's on the exam
The ACE exam guide contains a complete list of topics that may be included on the exam.

But ACE in this instance actually stands for Associate Cloud Engineer, not the American Council on Education.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(01-20-2021, 06:18 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(01-20-2021, 05:17 PM)MNomadic Wrote:
(01-20-2021, 05:05 PM)rachel83az Wrote: We'll have to see what actually happens but it looks like you're supposed to pay extra to take the exam if you want ACE credit. It'll be interesting to see if Tulane possibly grants credit without the exam or if they provide an exam voucher at all. I don't think I'll be paying for the exam myself otherwise.
I've seen no mention of this course, or the Google cloud certification being worth ACE credit.

I agree.  I went to the ACE National Guide, and it does not list this as an ACE-recommended course.  I did some more searching and found where the confusion may lie.  https://cloud.google.com/certification/cloud-engineer

There is some wording that says:

Step 2: Understand what's on the exam
The ACE exam guide contains a complete list of topics that may be included on the exam.

But ACE in this instance actually stands for Associate Cloud Engineer, not the American Council on Education.

Ah! That makes sense, yes. Plus, the fact that the Google IT Professional Certificate is worth credits and those credits are recommended by the American Council on Education. It gets confusing.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
I hope so because the exam voucher could be a great plus!
Has anyone else who signed up for this completed the "Create and Manage Cloud Resources: Challenge Lab"? I did task 1 and 2 okay but I had issues with task 3. I'm not sure what went wrong but it thought I missed a step and I ran out of time trying to fix whatever went wrong.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
(01-23-2021, 03:31 PM)rachel83az Wrote: Has anyone else who signed up for this completed the "Create and Manage Cloud Resources: Challenge Lab"?  I did task 1 and 2 okay but I had issues with task 3. I'm not sure what went wrong but it thought I missed a step and I ran out of time trying to fix whatever went wrong.
I actually stopped right where you did. I'm about to study for AWS' intro cloud cert for my degree so I decided to drop the Google cloud cert.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
Meh, I'm still stuck on task 3 of creating a virtual machine. Ain't nobody got time fuh dis.
College (146): RA (134), NA (12)
ACE-recommended (105): Sophia (53), Study (28), Google (12), TEEX (10), Institutes (2)
ECTS (69): ENEB (65), LUT (2), XAMK (2)
IN PROGRESS:

Certificate- Google Data Analytics
Bachelor- Cybersecurity Technology (105/120) /
 Organizational Leadership (99/120)
Certification- CompTIA A+
DONE:
Certificate- Google IT Support

Associates- Business Administration /  BoG (History)
Undergrad certificate- Computer Networking
MBA
(01-23-2021, 06:01 PM)StoicJ Wrote: Meh, I'm still stuck on task 3 of creating a virtual machine. Ain't nobody got time fuh dis.

For that one, I think I had to repeat task 1 with the new info. The text command didn't work even though I copied it directly and double-checked that it was formatted correctly.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Okay, finished the final assessment for this first section. The key is using "nucleus-jumphost-webserver1" instead of "nucleus-webserver1" as hinted in the instructions.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
For future students, if they do this again, they've sent out an email showing what this course "is".

Coursera:
Architecting with Google Compute Engine
Preparing for Google Cloud Associate Cloud Engineer Exam

Qwiklabs:
Cloud Engineering Quest

Prepare to take the Associate Cloud Engineer Certification (but no mention of discount there).
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
I found there's no way to transfer the three credits out of Tulane University Sad
So I decided to not take this course.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  American Public University? nomaduser 36 3,612 04-16-2024, 12:15 PM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  Credit Banking & cheap/free credits - Asking for a friend SweetSecret 7 1,537 04-06-2024, 12:00 PM
Last Post: Rubeferry18
  Associate degrees??? midnite123 10 663 04-03-2024, 09:08 AM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Prompt Engineering Course by Vanderbilt University on Coursera LevelUP 2 352 03-23-2024, 05:28 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Graham School - University of Chicago Charles Fout 12 1,763 03-22-2024, 07:19 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  Accounting courses from CPACredits.com/Upper Iowa University inor 22 1,809 03-15-2024, 05:30 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
Lightbulb ASU to Launch a Free Global Initiative and enroll 100 million students MNomadic 203 30,175 03-11-2024, 10:55 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Eastern University Self-Paced online Degrees natshar 2 774 03-06-2024, 10:03 PM
Last Post: jumlouh
  University of Idaho acquiring University of Phoenix bjcheung77 10 1,324 03-04-2024, 06:26 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  University of California System Bans Fully Online Degrees davewill 23 3,786 03-01-2024, 10:57 AM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden