Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two BSBA from TESU, possible?
(12-11-2019, 08:18 PM)Mitmike2019 Wrote:
(12-11-2019, 03:22 PM)dfrecore Wrote: There is literally no reason to get a GM concentration if you want the CIS.  GM is just 6 random courses from 3 areas; it's nothing special.  CIS is actually a much better choice, and I'd just go with that.

Thanks,

The thing is that I already completed all the BSBA GM AOS. As I stated on my original question, I just need to corner and capstone.

Sorry, I didn't catch that.

Just to reiterate what others have said, you will get ONE diploma, and it just says "Bachelor of Science in Business Administration" and the concentrations aren't listed there; they are only listed on your transcript.

If you want 2 diplomas, then you could either add an AA/AS (the ASBA is an easy add), or you could add another bachelor's degree.

There is a single cornerstone course you need no matter how many degrees you get, so that's easy enough to take (and gets you enrolled for a year).  At that point, you'd have the business capstone - only the one capstone whether you get 1 or 2 concentrations.

You could get a couple of certificates with your degree, I'm not certain if you get a diploma for those or not.  You can add multiple ones if you want.  So you could get an ASBA, BSBA-GM, and a CIS Certificate for instance.

If you opted for an actual second degree, then that would be another capstone you'd have to do.

The residency waiver will cover any degrees you get at one time, so you'd pay that last when you were ready to graduate.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I'll add my two cents.

1. BSBA - AOS. GM - No overlap credits with AOS for another AOS, thus requiring 18 additional credits. However, any other two BSBA AOS combo expect GM, can have 9 overlapping credits. I speak from personal experience with receiving a BSBA, conferred degree on Friday!! I have two AOS, 9 overlapping credits.
(12-12-2019, 05:32 AM)HogwartsSchool Wrote: I'll add my two cents.

1. BSBA - AOS. GM - No overlap credits with AOS for another AOS, thus requiring 18 additional credits. However, any other two BSBA AOS combo expect GM, can have 9 overlapping credits. I speak from personal experience with receiving a BSBA, conferred degree on Friday!! I have two AOS, 9 overlapping credits.
You have a double aos bsba? What catalog year are you on?

Because at one point I was going for marketing and hr bsba at tesu. They told me and I believe it was in their catalog as well. That in the 18 credit aos between the two aos none can overlap. If you can really overlap up to 9 credits that seems too easy making a second aos only 3 classes extra.

I could be wrong but I thought for double aos ba up to 9 credits cna overlap in the aos, but because the bsba it is 18 credits they dont allow overlap.
(12-11-2019, 11:01 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: TWO BSBA Eh? You have so many Cybersecurity courses, why not get another degree in something else instead of having two BSBA?  In fact, you can get yourself a second ASNSM with your BSBA CIS courses.  Here are the ones you need to complete the BSBA CIS, you can get them all from Study.com.

Intro to Programming 109
Operating Systems 105
Systems Analysis & Design 302
Database Management 303
Management Information Systems 303
Digital Marketing & Advertising 309

My questions: Do you have tuition assistance? Are you going to pay for the Residency Waiver or are you going to take some more courses from TESU?  If you are taking more courses from TESU, you may want to go for a second BA/BS instead.  You can go for say, a BSIT or BS Cybersecurity, I wouldn't really recommend a BALS with NSM, but heck, whatever floats your boat.
No tuition assistance, I'm paying out of pocket and yes I will pay the residency waiver. By looking at my eval do you see if I can get an associates from TESU with what's on my eval?
Yup, as I mentioned in my previous post, you can get the ASNSM (in your case, it'll be the Computer Science option) when you finish all the courses required for your BSBA CIS AOS. The AOS is 18 credits, the required courses in the ASNSM is 16 credits. Ta-Da, absolutely nothing to do on your end and you get that Computer Science Associates!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(12-12-2019, 08:09 AM)natshar Wrote:

Because at one point I was going for marketing and hr bsba at tesu. They told me and I believe it was in their catalog as well. That in the 18 credit aos between the two aos none can overlap. If you can really overlap up to 9 credits that seems too easy making a second aos only 3 classes extra.

I could be wrong but I thought for double aos ba up to 9 credits cna overlap in the aos, but because the bsba it is 18 credits they dont allow overlap.

Yes, dual AOS on BSBA. Catalog year, 2019a - 2020.
TESU lists the policy on its website and its in the student handbook at well. https://www.tesu.edu/academics/catalog/t...one-degree
(12-12-2019, 11:39 PM)HogwartsSchool Wrote:

TESU lists the policy on its website and its in the student handbook at well. https://www.tesu.edu/academics/catalog/t...one-degree

Weird. Because I have an e-mail from tesu saying that for bsba marketing and hr none of them can overlap. Guess I shouldn't trust the email. Thanks for letting me know.

Also they now require 18 UL credits in the AOS for a bsba?? this is new.

also which two AOS did you do? just curious.
That's true, I usually don't trust what they tell me and I dig up the info myself. It's been like that for a few years actually. Sadly, I only tell people to use 6 credits vs the 9, even in my templates. It's harder to find the third course to hit two spots (being UL and usable in both AOS). An example of one of the options would be CIS & Marketing, as you can have at least two that can be used for both AOS (E-Marketing/E-Commerce and Digital Marketing & Advertising).
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(12-13-2019, 12:18 AM)natshar Wrote:
(12-12-2019, 11:39 PM)HogwartsSchool Wrote:

Weird. Because I have an e-mail from tesu saying that for bsba marketing and hr none of them can overlap. Guess I shouldn't trust the email. Thanks for letting me know.

Also they now require 18 UL credits in the AOS for a bsba?? this is new.

also which two AOS did you do? just curious.

1. TESU changes its policies all the time.
2. Half the time the student advisor may not be aware of the change and provide outdated info.
3. I highly doubt marketing and HR would have any overlapping credits. I used the Academic Evaluation "what-if" and there is no overlap between marketing and HR. The overall point, it doesn't matter if TESU accepts the overlap if there's no courses which overlap for the two AOS.
4. The Academic Evaluation "what-if" still says, (18SH: 12SH must be upper level). I have not heard TESU is requiring all UL for BSBA.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 16 718 1 hour ago
Last Post: Captainrekt000
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,981 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 262 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 233 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 270 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,159 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 392 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 726 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Remaining Classes for TESU Degree faptaincrunch 7 569 02-20-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch