Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two BSBA from TESU, possible?
Hello you'll! I just completed all the requirements for TESUs BSBA GM, except the cornerstone and capstone. If I want to tackle the CIS as well, all I would need is the CIS AOS, correct? Second question, can I test out of this AOS from SL and SDC?
Basically, you can get TWO Associates and TWO Bachelors from TESU. That is the most they allow, unless of course, you get some undergraduate certificates along with them... For the CIS AOS, you can get all the CIS from Study.com as StraighterLine is all lower level.

Now, you need to know that the 18 credits for the GM and CIS should be different. You may want to list all the courses you have taken for your BSBA GM. If you have an UL CIS course, it can be used again in the AOS for the BSBA CIS second AOS option. For example, if you took Digital Marketing and Advertising at Study.com, it can be used for BOTH GM and CIS.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
You cannot get a BSBA from TESU if you already have a degree in business, so you can't get two BSBA's. You can, however, get a BSBA with two areas of study (which seems to be what bjcheung77 is recommending)
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
There is literally no reason to get a GM concentration if you want the CIS. GM is just 6 random courses from 3 areas; it's nothing special. CIS is actually a much better choice, and I'd just go with that.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 2 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • jsd, mysonx3
One thing to note, tesu requires 100 credits down and most of the aos done. If you are doing a dual aos (gm and cis) then these requirements must be done for both areas when you register for the Capstone. For example if you added a cis aos but have none of it done and then tried to register for the business Capstone they would not let you.

Additionally with the bsba none of the 18 credits can overlap. Obviously there are a lot of courses which cna work for both but you can only use them for one.
(12-11-2019, 03:22 PM)dfrecore Wrote: There is literally no reason to get a GM concentration if you want the CIS.  GM is just 6 random courses from 3 areas; it's nothing special.  CIS is actually a much better choice, and I'd just go with that.

Thanks,

The thing is that I already completed all the BSBA GM AOS. As I stated on my original question, I just need to corner and capstone.
If you do the BSBA CIS these are the exact classes you need for UL through study.com.

Systems Analysis & Design 302
Database Management 303
Management Information Systems 303
Digital Marketing & Advertising 309
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(12-11-2019, 02:08 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Basically, you can get TWO Associates and TWO Bachelors from TESU.  That is the most they allow, unless of course, you get some undergraduate certificates along with them... For the CIS AOS, you can get all the CIS from Study.com as StraighterLine is all lower level.

Now, you need to know that the 18 credits for the GM and CIS should be different.  You may want to list all the courses you have taken for your BSBA GM.  If you have an UL CIS course, it can be used again in the AOS for the BSBA CIS second AOS option.  For example, if you took Digital Marketing and Advertising at Study.com, it can be used for BOTH GM and CIS.

Thanks,

So basically I wanted to hang two BSBA's on my wall.. Big Grin So here is a list of the GM AOS courses I have completed. I also attached my TESU's eval...

ACC-201 Intermediate Accounting I -------- SL-------------3 Credits -----LL---- TESU Equivalent: ACC 201
ACC-303 Cost Accounting----------------------SL-------------3 Credits-----UP-----TESU Equivalent: ACC 303
MAN-212 Organizational Behavior------------SL-------------3 Credits-----LL-----TESU Equivalent: MAN 212
BA285 Human Relations in Business--------CC-------------3 Credits-----LL----TESU Equivalent:  MAN 251
HRM-215 Leadership---------------------Military School-----2 Credits-----LL-----TESU Equivalent: HRM 215
FIN 302: International Finance--------------SDC-------------3 Credits-----UP-----TESU Equivalent: FIN 344
FIN 306 : Small Business Finance----------SDC-------------3 Credits-----UP----TESU Equivalent: FIN 314
BUS 311: Project Management-------------- SDC------------3 Credits-----UP----TESU Equivalent: MAN 435

I'm attaching my BSBA GM Eval as well.

Attached Files
.pdf   TESU-BSBA-GM.pdf (Size: 138.22 KB / Downloads: 14)
TWO BSBA Eh? You have so many Cybersecurity courses, why not get another degree in something else instead of having two BSBA? In fact, you can get yourself a second ASNSM with your BSBA CIS courses. Here are the ones you need to complete the BSBA CIS, you can get them all from Study.com.

Intro to Programming 109
Operating Systems 105
Systems Analysis & Design 302
Database Management 303
Management Information Systems 303
Digital Marketing & Advertising 309

My questions: Do you have tuition assistance? Are you going to pay for the Residency Waiver or are you going to take some more courses from TESU? If you are taking more courses from TESU, you may want to go for a second BA/BS instead. You can go for say, a BSIT or BS Cybersecurity, I wouldn't really recommend a BALS with NSM, but heck, whatever floats your boat.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Jsut so you know you would only get one diploma it is just a dual area of study. If you did the work for 6 extra classes it would not result in an extra degree, jsut and an aos listed on the transcript.

If you dont already process an Associates degrees tesu allows you to earn up to two. You would already have the Associates in business done and if you did cos you'd have the asnsm in computer science. Then you would have three diplomas to hang on your wall.
[-] The following 1 user Likes natshar's post:
  • davewill

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 455 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 429 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 445 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 15 2,266 04-04-2024, 08:08 AM
Last Post: Kones
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 248 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,182 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 228 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 357 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 295 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 271 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27