Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two Bachelors at TESU
Hi you all, so my intent is to graduate with a dual BSBA, one in GM and the other in CIS. After my last evaluation yesterday, all I need is to complete my capstone and cornerstone which I'm currently taking right now. I was playing around with different self evaluations and noticed that I only need 4 classes to fullfill the requirements for a BA in computer science. Here is my question: If I complete a BSBA with 2 AOS's, with that count as 2 bachelor degrees? I really want to tackle the BACS but I'm not sure I'm allowed. Also, is the capstone for the BACS specific to computer science or liberal arts? Which is more difficult the BSBA or Lib Arts capstone?
There is no logic in graduating with a GM and a CIS; now CIS and Accounting - maybe.  The GM is simply too generic to add value to a resume if you already have a CIS concentration. I'm not knocking the GM itself, as it has its place and value - after all, I have a BSBA-GM myself and it has provided me great value.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

Hey, how are you doing?
Answer 1: A BSBA with dual AOS is just 1 degree. It's just a degree with a double area of study.
Answer 2: BA capstones are the same across the board, it's not specific to any subject.
Answer 3: The BA Capstone is just slightly harder than the BSBA Capstone but very much doable.

You're good to go for the BSBA, just start working on your BA Comp Sci remaining courses.
Question: What are the 4 remaining courses for your BA Comp Sci anyways?
If I am guessing correctly, it should be the Math courses, and maybe another Comp Sci course.
Hope this helps, I would recommend the BA Comp Sci, I'm done with mine but working on Biology
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
You made my day... Thanks for all the great information you have provided. The classes I need are: Calculos 1, discrete math, data structures, computer architecture and the capstone. I also need COS 240,Operating Systems and one more programming class, but I'm about 80 percent done with these 2 at SDC. I took a break from them because of the capstone and cornerstone. I already have one operating systems approved for BSBA CIS, but BACS requires another one (COS 240). So technically I need 6 classes and the Lib Arts capstone. My bus 421 capstone ends the last week of March, so soon after I'm going to reinstate my SDC account and will comple the remaining classes and around June I will tackle the Lib arts capstone.  Smile
Be sure that you understand that you have to delay graduation of the BSBA until you can graduate the BACS at the same time for this plan to work. If you graduate the BSBA first, then you need 24 NEW (earned after the BSBA is awarded) credits for the second degree.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
I already paid the residency waiver and submitted my graduation application for June.... I'm not worried about the 24 additional credits. After I finish the bus 421 capstone I will go full throttle on the remaining classes and probably finish it before September. Once I finished my BSBA I'll be so relaxed..
(02-14-2020, 06:55 PM)Mitmike2019 Wrote: I already paid the residency waiver and submitted my graduation application for June.... I'm not worried about the 24 additional credits. After I finish the bus 421 capstone I will go full throttle on the remaining classes and probably finish it before September. Once I finished my BSBA I'll be so relaxed..

Ok heres the thing if you graduate in June with the bsba and then do the computer science degree after here is what will happen.

1. You will have to have 24 new credits earned after the BSBA conferral which means you can't earn the 24 credits until after June

2. The 24 credits must be in the AOS so you will to have to retake courses you already did to get 24.

3. You will have to take the liberal arts capstone which would be $1000.

4. You would have to pay the residency wavier fee again which would be another 2500 and also the grad fee again.

Once you factor in the cost of the 24 credits you are looking at $4,000 for the BA computer science. It might not be worth. Too bad you can't do them concurrently would be way cheaper and less headache. If you do find a way to do them concurrently I'd do a few more credits at TESU to avoid the waiver fee. It would be cheaper since you already at 9 (cornerstone, 2 capstones). Wait nevermind since you already paid the waiver this wouldn't work. Idk if the second degree is a good idea. If you think $4000 (or more) and re doing classes you already did is worth then I guess go ahead.
(02-14-2020, 09:18 PM)natshar Wrote:
(02-14-2020, 06:55 PM)Mitmike2019 Wrote: I already paid the residency waiver and submitted my graduation application for June.... I'm not worried about the 24 additional credits. After I finish the bus 421 capstone I will go full throttle on the remaining classes and probably finish it before September. Once I finished my BSBA I'll be so relaxed..

Ok heres the thing if you graduate in June with the bsba and then do the computer science degree after here is what will happen.

1. You will have to have 24 new credits earned after the BSBA conferral which means you can't earn the 24 credits until after June

2. The 24 credits must be in the AOS so you will to have to retake courses you already did to get 24.

4. You would have to pay the residency wavier fee again which would be another 2500 and also the grad fee again.

Once you factor in the cost of the 24 credits you are looking at $4,000 for the BA computer science. It might not be worth. Too bad you can't do them concurrently would be way cheaper and less headache. If you do find a way to do them concurrently I'd do a few more credits at TESU to avoid the waiver fee. It would be cheaper since you already at 9 (cornerstone, 2 capstones). Wait nevermind since you already paid the waiver this wouldn't work. Idk if the second degree is a good idea. If you think $4000 (or more) and re doing classes you already did is worth then I guess go ahead.

Going to have to pay to take the liberal arts capstone regardless.  So you would be taking 2 separate capstones to get both the BSBA and the BACS.

One thing is I don't think it's possible to get the BSBA CIS and the BACS because only 9 credits can overlap in the  AOS.  Maybe even less in the BSBA since it's so small.  For computer science or CIS, there are no extra courses available for UL once you hit the required amount.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(02-14-2020, 10:04 PM)LevelUP Wrote:

Going to have to pay to take the liberal arts capstone regardless.  So you would be taking 2 separate capstones to get both the BSBA and the BACS.

One thing is I don't think it's possible to get the BSBA CIS and the BACS because only 9 credits can overlap in the  AOS.  Maybe even less in the BSBA since it's so small.  For computer science or CIS, there are no extra courses available for UL once you hit the required amount.
After I complete my current capstone Bus-421, I will try to complete the remaining BACS classes via SDC fairly fast. I'm sure I can get them in 2 months. The problem is the lib arts capstone, I don't think I can jump into another capstone right way. Bus 421 is going well, but I have not taken the midterm and that worries me. The study cases are not too bad due to all the available resources. The final project might be a challenge, but I have a prepared plan of action. I'm worried about the 4 essays in the midterm, I wish they allow a page of notes or open book...

If I postpone my graduation till Sept, I might be able to take the lib arts capstone in May and graduate with a BSBA and BACS.

Some of you mentioned that some of UL CIS classes I already completed will not be allowed to be used in the BACS. Here is an idea. What if I drop the CIS and just stick with the GM and used all my completed CIS UL for the BACS? is this a dumb idea, since I already completed the entire CIS AOS? Which one will carry more weight. By the way, I'm a SATCOM Network Tech.
(02-15-2020, 11:59 AM)Mitmike2019 Wrote:
(02-14-2020, 10:04 PM)LevelUP Wrote:

After I complete my current capstone Bus-421, I will try to complete the remaining BACS classes via SDC fairly fast. I'm sure I can get them in 2 months. The problem is the lib arts capstone, I don't think I can jump into another capstone right way. Bus 421 is going well, but I have not taken the midterm and that worries me. The study cases are not too bad due to all the available resources. The final project might be a challenge, but I have a prepared plan of action. I'm worried about the 4 essays in the midterm, I wish they allow a page of notes or open book...

If I postpone my graduation till Sept, I might be able to take the lib arts capstone in May and graduate with a BSBA and BACS.

Some of you mentioned that some of UL CIS classes I already completed will not be allowed to be used in the BACS. Here is an idea. What if I drop the CIS and just stick with the GM and used all my completed CIS UL for the BACS? is this a dumb idea, since I already completed the entire CIS AOS? Which one will carry more weight. By the way, I'm a SATCOM Network Tech.

Not dumb, I think the CS degree would carry more weight.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 17 771 6 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,987 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 266 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 235 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 303 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 275 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,164 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 394 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 728 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Remaining Classes for TESU Degree faptaincrunch 7 571 02-20-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch