Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two Bachelors at TESU
(02-15-2020, 11:59 AM)Mitmike2019 Wrote:
(02-14-2020, 10:04 PM)LevelUP Wrote:
(02-14-2020, 09:18 PM)natshar Wrote:
(02-14-2020, 06:55 PM)Mitmike2019 Wrote: I already paid the residency waiver and submitted my graduation application for June.... I'm not worried about the 24 additional credits. After I finish the bus 421 capstone I will go full throttle on the remaining classes and probably finish it before September. Once I finished my BSBA I'll be so relaxed..

Ok heres the thing if you graduate in June with the bsba and then do the computer science degree after here is what will happen.

1. You will have to have 24 new credits earned after the BSBA conferral which means you can't earn the 24 credits until after June

2. The 24 credits must be in the AOS so you will to have to retake courses you already did to get 24.

3. You will have to take the liberal arts capstone which would be $1000.

4. You would have to pay the residency wavier fee again which would be another 2500 and also the grad fee again.

Once you factor in the cost of the 24 credits you are looking at $4,000 for the BA computer science. It might not be worth. Too bad you can't do them concurrently would be way cheaper and less headache. If you do find a way to do them concurrently I'd do a few more credits at TESU to avoid the waiver fee. It would be cheaper since you already at 9 (cornerstone, 2 capstones). Wait nevermind since you already paid the waiver this wouldn't work. Idk if the second degree is a good idea. If you think $4000 (or more) and re doing classes you already did is worth then I guess go ahead.

Going to have to pay to take the liberal arts capstone regardless.  So you would be taking 2 separate capstones to get both the BSBA and the BACS.

One thing is I don't think it's possible to get the BSBA CIS and the BACS because only 9 credits can overlap in the  AOS.  Maybe even less in the BSBA since it's so small.  For computer science or CIS, there are no extra courses available for UL once you hit the required amount.
After I complete my current capstone Bus-421, I will try to complete the remaining BACS classes via SDC fairly fast. I'm sure I can get them in 2 months. The problem is the lib arts capstone, I don't think I can jump into another capstone right way. Bus 421 is going well, but I have not taken the midterm and that worries me. The study cases are not too bad due to all the available resources. The final project might be a challenge, but I have a prepared plan of action. I'm worried about the 4 essays in the midterm, I wish they allow a page of notes or open book...

If I postpone my graduation till Sept, I might be able to take the lib arts capstone in May and graduate with a BSBA and BACS.

Some of you mentioned that some of UL CIS classes I already completed will not be allowed to be used in the BACS. Here is an idea. What if I drop the CIS and just stick with the GM and used all my completed CIS UL for the BACS? is this a dumb idea, since I already completed the entire CIS AOS? Which one will carry more weight. By the way, I'm a SATCOM Network Tech.

Don't drop the CIS if you have already completed the credits for the CIS & GM BSBA; dropping the CIS doesn't help your BACS if you do not graduate with both the BSBA and the BACS at the same time.  If you graduate with only the BSBA you will still need the 24 NEW credits in order to get the BACS. Again those 24 credits must be completed AFTER the BSBA is conferred, meaning if TESU says you graduate 6/15/20 then all 24 new credits much be completed after 6/15/20; which is not the same things as finishing the "new" credits after finishing the credits needed for the BSBA. I know you want at least one bachelor done ASAP, but if you're truly only looking at a few months delay you would be much better wait to graduate with both in Sept vs one in June then a second in Sept.   And I do believe once you use your residency waiver towards a bachelor (vs an associate then a bachelor within a year), you are required to pay it again - regardless of time passed (another reason it is best to get both at the same time).

Now if you do graduate with both at the same time and you come up short for the BASC; meaning you run into the issue were you cannot use the same credits due to overlap of 9 credit restrictions - then it would make sense you graduate with a BSBA-GM and use the CIS for the CS credits (if applicable) to also graduate with a BACS as well. I don't know what CIS credits you have already earned; but I know not all credits that fit for CIS work for CS (and vice versa) - so crossover may not even be an issue for you.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

(02-15-2020, 12:37 PM)allvia Wrote:
(02-15-2020, 11:59 AM)Mitmike2019 Wrote:
(02-14-2020, 10:04 PM)LevelUP Wrote:
(02-14-2020, 09:18 PM)natshar Wrote:
(02-14-2020, 06:55 PM)Mitmike2019 Wrote: I already paid the residency waiver and submitted my graduation application for June.... I'm not worried about the 24 additional credits. After I finish the bus 421 capstone I will go full throttle on the remaining classes and probably finish it before September. Once I finished my BSBA I'll be so relaxed..

Ok heres the thing if you graduate in June with the bsba and then do the computer science degree after here is what will happen.

1. You will have to have 24 new credits earned after the BSBA conferral which means you can't earn the 24 credits until after June

2. The 24 credits must be in the AOS so you will to have to retake courses you already did to get 24.

3. You will have to take the liberal arts capstone which would be $1000.

4. You would have to pay the residency wavier fee again which would be another 2500 and also the grad fee again.

Once you factor in the cost of the 24 credits you are looking at $4,000 for the BA computer science. It might not be worth. Too bad you can't do them concurrently would be way cheaper and less headache. If you do find a way to do them concurrently I'd do a few more credits at TESU to avoid the waiver fee. It would be cheaper since you already at 9 (cornerstone, 2 capstones). Wait nevermind since you already paid the waiver this wouldn't work. Idk if the second degree is a good idea. If you think $4000 (or more) and re doing classes you already did is worth then I guess go ahead.

Going to have to pay to take the liberal arts capstone regardless.  So you would be taking 2 separate capstones to get both the BSBA and the BACS.

One thing is I don't think it's possible to get the BSBA CIS and the BACS because only 9 credits can overlap in the  AOS.  Maybe even less in the BSBA since it's so small.  For computer science or CIS, there are no extra courses available for UL once you hit the required amount.
After I complete my current capstone Bus-421, I will try to complete the remaining BACS classes via SDC fairly fast. I'm sure I can get them in 2 months. The problem is the lib arts capstone, I don't think I can jump into another capstone right way. Bus 421 is going well, but I have not taken the midterm and that worries me. The study cases are not too bad due to all the available resources. The final project might be a challenge, but I have a prepared plan of action. I'm worried about the 4 essays in the midterm, I wish they allow a page of notes or open book...

If I postpone my graduation till Sept, I might be able to take the lib arts capstone in May and graduate with a BSBA and BACS.

Some of you mentioned that some of UL CIS classes I already completed will not be allowed to be used in the BACS. Here is an idea. What if I drop the CIS and just stick with the GM and used all my completed CIS UL for the BACS? is this a dumb idea, since I already completed the entire CIS AOS? Which one will carry more weight. By the way, I'm a SATCOM Network Tech.

Don't drop the CIS if you have already completed the credits for the CIS & GM BSBA; dropping the CIS doesn't help your BACS if you do not graduate with both the BSBA and the BACS at the same time.  If you graduate with only the BSBA you will still need the 24 NEW credits in order to get the BACS. Again those 24 credits must be completed AFTER the BSBA is conferred, meaning if TESU says you graduate 6/15/20 then all 24 new credits much be completed after 6/15/20; which is not the same things as finishing the "new" credits after finishing the credits needed for the BSBA. I know you want at least one bachelor done ASAP, but if you're truly only looking at a few months delay you would be much better wait to graduate with both in Sept vs one in June then a second in Sept.   And I do believe once you use your residency waiver towards a bachelor (vs an associate then a bachelor within a year), you are required to pay it again - regardless of time passed (another reason it is best to get both at the same time).
I said the same thing in my post. But yeah you have to pay the wavier again. Also the grad fee again too.

And that's why I was saying too bad he paid the residency wavier because if you are already need to take 9 tesu credits it might be cheaper to do a few more to get to 16.
Hello Forum I'm back with new information from TESU regarding the question of residency waiver fee.

In short, as I stated at the beginning of this thread, my intent is graduate this June with a BSBA with dual AOS (GM and CIS). I also mentioned that I'm fairly closed to meeting the requirements for a BACS and I'm planning on completing all classes to meet the Sep 2020 graduation. So basically I will graduate two times in one calendar year. Some of you indicated that my path (two graduations) will required two residency waiver fees if I don't meet the 16 credit in house minimum. So I went ahead and inquired with TESU and this is what I got back.

From TESU
Dear Student
"The residency waiver is good for a year. You shouldn't have to repay it based on the completion dates you are suggesting.

Also this is what I found in their website:

NOTE: The Credit Hour Residency Waiver fee is a one-time fee that only applies to students who do not earn at least 16 credits via the University’s Online (OL), Guided Study (GS) or e-Pack (EP) courses before they complete their degree or undergraduate certificate. If a student pays the fee, and does not apply for graduation within 12 months, they will be required to pay additional credit hour residency waiver fees.
That's right, if you're within 12 months of the previous degree, that residency waiver still is valid. When the residency waiver first came into effect, we were given the info that if you do another bachelors, you needed to pay that second residency waiver.

Now, I assume changes were made, you only need to pay for one residency waiver within 12 months - doesn't matter how many degrees you get, it's just one waiver.

Having said that, you still need to do the extra capstone and also pay another graduation fee, which is a good price for another degree, I mean - another RA degree for the cost of $1500 roughly, that's a steal already.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
You are correct my friend, after my last post I received further clarification from TESU and was exactly as you stated above. So as soon as I complete my Bus 421 project, I'm going to go bananas on SDC and try to complete my last classes in less than 2 months.

I hope the Lib Arts campstone does not include a proctored midterm or final, I took my 421 midterm last night and it kicked my behind. I rather do more study cases and a final project instead of closed book/notes proctored exam.
(02-18-2020, 03:27 PM)Mitmike2019 Wrote: You are correct my friend, after my last post I received further clarification from TESU and was exactly as you stated above.  So as soon as I complete my Bus 421 project, I'm going to go bananas on SDC and try to complete my last classes in less than 2 months.

I hope the Lib Arts campstone does not include a proctored midterm or final, I took my 421 midterm last night and it kicked my behind. I rather do more study cases and a final project instead of closed book/notes proctored exam.

But even if this is the case if you want to earn the computer Science after the bsba you still have to earn 24 new credits that must be in the aos. And if you arent graduating with both degrees at the same time you cant jsut wait until you bus Capstone is done but the entire degree is conferred. The Capstone counts for 3 so that leaves 21 credits.
OP - Question: Do you have to graduate the BSBA in June? I was wondering if you can delay that until September? Can you wait that extra term to graduate in September along with the BACS? You can have it all said and done for everything...

Mitmike2019, you should email TESU advising/registrar's office and see if you can graduate BOTH in September instead and see what they say, I would just quickly work on your final requirements from Study.com and then sign up for the Lib Arts capstone.

Just tell them exactly what you're looking for - you paid the fees, but want to delay graduation as you want to get both degrees without needing to pay an extra grad fee and without taking the extra 24 credits. They'll advise you what can/can't work.

(02-19-2020, 03:24 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: OP - Question: Do you have to graduate the BSBA in June?  I was wondering if you can delay that until September? Can you wait that extra term to graduate in September along with the BACS?  You can have it all said and done for everything...

Mitmike2019, you should email TESU advising/registrar's office and see if you can graduate BOTH in September instead and see what they say, I would just quickly work on your final requirements from Study.com and then sign up for the Lib Arts capstone.

Just tell them exactly what you're looking for - you paid the fees, but want to delay graduation as you want to get both degrees without needing to pay an extra grad fee and without taking the extra 24 credits.  They'll advise you what can/can't work.
I will take your advice/suggestions and inquire with TESU to see if I can push my graduation to September. In regards to the additional 24 credits that must be taken after the BSBA is conffered. Here is a scenario, if start taking them now at SDC and wait until my BSBA is conferred, then transfer the credits to TESU, would that work? Or the completion dates must reflect after current degree is coffered? 

Combining credits question: The BACS self evaluation shows that 3 classes (9 credits) in the CIS AOS can also be used in the BACS. is this possible?
The BSBA CIS courses can be re-used for the BACS, those overlapping 3 courses or 9 credits should be fine. You can reuse those 3 UL courses for the BACS without an issue (that is the max they allow, 9 credits). So, delay the graduation, finish the remaining courses and you're good to go!

Essentially, completion dates must reflect the that those credits were completed after current degree is conferred. The 24 credits must be completed AFTER conferral which means, if you're working on them now, they won't transfer over into your new degree. It would be a waste of those credits and you'll need to find alternatives elsewhere for more cost & time...

A workaround of that is to do all the Study.com UL courses quizzes and finals, and assignments, but don't hand in the assignments for grading, this way you will use up the 2 allotted exams each month and you will have your assignments done, but not yet graded until you need them graded.

You don't want to go this route, you need to pay the extra grad fee and "wait", and if it was me, I hate waiting for grading and paying extra when I don't need to...

(02-19-2020, 04:59 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: The BSBA CIS courses can be re-used for the BACS, those overlapping 3 courses or 9 credits should be fine.  You can reuse those 3 UL courses for the BACS without an issue (that is the max they allow, 9 credits).  So, delay the graduation, finish the remaining courses and you're good to go!  

Essentially, completion dates must reflect the that those credits were completed after current degree is conferred.  The 24 credits must be completed AFTER conferral which means, if you're working on them now, they won't transfer over into your new degree.  It would be a waste of those credits and you'll need to find alternatives elsewhere for more cost & time...

A workaround of that is to do all the Study.com UL courses quizzes and finals, and assignments, but don't hand in the assignments for grading, this way you will use up the 2 allotted exams each month and you will have your assignments done, but not yet graded until you need them graded.  

You don't want to go this route, you need to pay the extra grad fee and "wait", and if it was me, I hate waiting for grading and paying extra when I don't need to...

This won't work - In my experience Study.com uses the exam date as the completed date; regardless of when the assignments were completed.  I think they do it in order to maintain a standardization for completion dates (as the date of the exam determines the 'version' of their course you took - they do change their courses from time to time)

And as stated the completion dates of the new courses would have to be after the first degree conferred, not the last date of the final course needed for the degree. Again that would have to be for 24 new credits.  So those 3 courses (9 credits) you already have applied in the AOS for the CS also used in the CIS would likely need to be replaced if you don't graduated with both degrees at the same time. 

It only makes sense to graduate with both at the same time a few months later than planned.  Trying to get one a few months earlier could put you many steps (credits) back on earning the second degree. The long term gain outweighs the short term inconvenience.

Plus at TESU September is the official (grand) graduation month - maybe you can go to Trenton and attend the 2020 commencement Smile - https://www.tesu.edu/current-students/commencement
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 15 695 03-22-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,974 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 258 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 230 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 266 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,155 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 391 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 726 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Remaining Classes for TESU Degree faptaincrunch 7 568 02-20-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch