Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two More UL Courses and Capstone
TESU didn't accept some of my military UL credits so I've been struggling lately to finish these last two courses on study.com. These papers seem rough for upper level courses.

I was wondering what courses would satisfy the BALS UL AOS requirement from TESU. I might take the last three courses at TESU instead.
Georgia Institute of Technology: MS in Analytics (3/32 Credits)
Boston University: MS in Software Development
Thomas Edison State University: BA in Liberal Studies
What are the two courses? I think any UL Study.com course would be much EASIER than a TESU course any day, further to that, it'll be much cheaper to complete those two courses at Study.com instead. When are you taking your capstone? I just registered for the August 2018 BALS Capstone!
Goals: TESU BSBA GM (Added CIS) and BA Computer Science
BSBA GM - Added CIS AOS (CIS & GM completed)
BACS & Grad Plans (BACS instead of BALS w/NSM)

AAS ACS & ESST: Remaining - Associate Capstone
ASNSM CS: Completed, ASNSM Math: Remaining - Calculus I

Taking a majority of credits at Sophia.org, SL, and Study.com to finish these degrees
Updating my courses remaining by following forum advice, guide, spreadsheet & wiki
I'm trying to complete Computer Science 302: Systems Analysis & Design and The Vietnam Upper Level one. Maybe I am lacking motivation and need to take it online through guided study.
Substance abuse dsst & Vietnam war dsst were not difficult to study for I thought.

I did all my UL through DSST
Oh, how long did you study for them? Did you know about the topics beforehand?
[-] The following 1 user Likes MrBossmanJr's post:
  • novabug
If you aren't motivated to write a single paper for Study.com, you certainly won't be to do a 12-week course and multiple papers through TESU, will you?

There are tons of choices for UL BALS credits. If you don't want to write a paper, then CSU-Global also has UL exams for $250 each, a bunch are in Communications.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I don't know. I feel like it forces me to motivate myself. I'm taking a course at a CC right now and I have an A average. I noticed that I need someone to tell me what to do.

Are CSU-Global exams hard compared to DSST and CLEP exams?
(06-23-2018, 10:26 AM)MrBossmanJr Wrote: I don't know. I feel like it forces me to motivate myself. I'm taking a course at a CC right now and I have an A average. I noticed that I need someone to tell me what to do.

Are CSU-Global exams hard compared to DSST and CLEP exams?

It sounds like you might be the type of student that would do well with some sort of guided learning courses using Pearson, Elsevier, Cengage, Wiley, etc. and their independent courses aren't all that expensive usually (you can rent the e-taxt and and will give you practice problems and feedback on the practice problems. They come with built in quizzes and tests to take. Usually multiple choice. I know that when my kid uses those programs and the teacher assigns problems from them, the end of course results are much more positive plus also seems to understand the material better too. For instance the Mastering Microbiology through Pearson with e-text and learning catalytics can be purchased for $95.95. But it usually has a time limit to complete it - typically a semester, but sometimes the text can occasionally be accessible as long as a year or two. Although you'd still have to test out using CLEP or the other tests, but it might be able to provide you with the feedback it sounds you are looking for as well as a structure to follow.
Also remember that you don't get a grade for the course, so shoot for passing with a 70% and see what all you need to do. Seriously, I can't imagine paying $1500/course when I can just write a quick paper, take some quizzes and a test, and be done with it. You do NOT have to spend a lot of time on these papers - just write them real quick, submit, and be done with it.

Also, I took a TESU course (the capstone), and there was ZERO handholding going on. Since it's online, there is no one who is going to keep you on track. You are either self-motivated or not.

Just spend 1 day on each paper, and turn them in. If you end up not passing the class, then go take the DSST's without studying for them. I'm not even kidding. That's what I would do if I was down to my last 2 courses. If I didn't pass my Stats course, I was going to take the Saylor exam, and if I didn't pass that, then the DSST. Luckily I passed, so I didn't have to think about it.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • MrBossmanJr
(06-22-2018, 10:08 PM)MrBossmanJr Wrote: Oh, how long did you study for them? Did you know about the topics beforehand?

Didn’t know anything about Vietnam and studied for 3 days about 4 hours a day.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Johmford's post:
  • MrBossmanJr

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,020 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  Capstone Anxiety Iamtehking 9 4,204 09-18-2018, 06:22 AM
Last Post: rlw74
  Courses/Exams at a Cheaper Price and TESU Admissions Question UnbreakablyDetermined 12 4,390 09-09-2018, 08:41 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Are there any Shmoop courses that Charter Oak will accept as upper level? nosey561 2 2,047 08-30-2018, 05:55 PM
Last Post: nosey561
  TESU September Graduation: Adding extra courses to transcript by latest 08/31/2018? Nightmoves5 7 2,052 08-19-2018, 01:03 PM
  BUS-421 - Capstone - Final Project Submitted! Gloddy 16 4,679 08-05-2018, 12:14 PM
Last Post: Gloddy
  Liberal Studies General Coursework won't be filled by BUS or CIS courses? posabsolute 5 1,708 08-01-2018, 04:44 PM
Last Post: Lewis.Yim
  CIS vs COS courses for a BALS concentration in CS at TESU jeffreymb 1 1,219 07-25-2018, 10:37 AM
Last Post: posabsolute
  TESU LIB-495 Capstone Ideas JanuarySunshine 1 1,655 07-21-2018, 11:42 PM
  Enrolled in the Business Capstone course for the July Term. Anybody else? camjenks 25 4,901 07-16-2018, 02:18 PM
Last Post: keokat