Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two bachelor's degrees, same credits?
I wasn't even looking at it from the perspective of a job-seeker necessarily. It's education, hopefully via high-quality schooling. I would think the satisfaction from self-improvement would be a big reason for earning a degree. I understand that getting a job is probably the biggest reason why people pursue college degrees.
College (146): RA (134), NA (12)
ACE-recommended (105): Sophia (53), Study (28), Google (12), TEEX (10), Institutes (2)
ECTS (69): ENEB (65), LUT (2), XAMK (2)
IN PROGRESS:

Certificate- Google Data Analytics
Bachelor- Cybersecurity Technology (105/120) /
 Organizational Leadership (99/120)
Certification- CompTIA A+
DONE:
Certificate- Google IT Support

Associates- Business Administration /  BoG (History)
Undergrad certificate- Computer Networking
MBA
[-] The following 1 user Likes StoicJ's post:
  • rachel83az
(10-30-2020, 03:54 PM)StoicJ Wrote:
(10-30-2020, 02:49 PM)ss20ts Wrote: Most of the time a second bachelor's degree is meaningless. 

If someone has a BSBA, and they want to transfer 90 credits over and do about 30 UL social science or history courses to get a 2nd degree, the idea that such an endeavour would be considered "meaningless" is so strange to me.

It's meaningless because in most careers it wouldn't gain you anything like I said before. If you want it for your own personal reasons, that's one thing.

(10-30-2020, 04:01 PM)rachel83az Wrote:
(10-30-2020, 03:54 PM)StoicJ Wrote:
(10-30-2020, 02:49 PM)ss20ts Wrote: Most of the time a second bachelor's degree is meaningless. 

If someone has a BSBA, and they want to transfer 90 credits over and do about 30 UL social science or history courses to get a 2nd degree, the idea that such an endeavour would be considered "meaningless" is so strange to me.

Indeed. For instance, you might have gotten a business degree and decided that you have better employment opportunities with a STEM degree of some kind. You might not be ready for grad-level STEM courses (nor would you even be accepted into most programs!) but there are plenty of jobs that will happily take a Bachelor's STEM degree; no Master's required.

Honestly, the push towards getting a Master's degree to get a job is devaluing a Bachelor's degree. We've already lost the Associate's degree. It wasn't that long ago that an Associate's was still an acceptable degree to have when looking for work. I hate slippery-slope arguments but, at this rate, it really won't be long before you're going to be expected to hold a doctorate to be able to compete in the job market.

In many jobs, a bachelor's degree is merely a checked box. You need a master's to even get an interview. That's how life is. Associate degrees were always more for vocational studies. Yes, there are liberal arts associate degrees, but they were meant for someone to transfer to a 4 years school.
I think I misread this based off the comments . So you are wanting to transfer a degree from one college to another ? Not take two degrees at the same college ? I don’t think you can transfer a degree to another college for the same degree . It doesn’t seem like they would allow that .
In progress: TESU BSBA-Finance , TESU BSBA-GM, UNT-Biology Completed : Clep (3 credits ), Sophia (63 credits ), Study (39 credits) TESU (9 credits ) Heart Tongue
(01-02-2021, 03:39 PM)AppleStarr Wrote: I think I misread this based off the comments . So you are wanting to transfer a degree from one college to another ? Not take two degrees at the same college ? I don’t think you can transfer a degree to another college for the same degree . It doesn’t seem like they would allow that .

If you already have a bachelor's degree, and want another one at a different school, you are not "transferring."  You would apply at the new school as a 2nd bachelor's degree-seeking student.  At that point, if you meet the requirements, you just need the major coursework, and any pre-reqs.  So for instance, if you have a BA in Liberal Studies and you now want a BS in Business; you would need to do the Major courses for the business degree, plus an pre-reqs like Stats or economics.  And if you took any major/pre-req courses in the first degree, then you could bring those to the new school (assuming that they accepted the courses the way you took them, like if they were done via ACE, then the school would only bring them in if they accepted ACE credit).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Utah Schools switching to the 3-year Bachelor Airamb 6 114 5 hours ago
Last Post: RachelB
  PUG IT transfer credits BritStudent 2 196 02-22-2024, 07:24 PM
Last Post: walruspanda
  Schools that accept ACE credits and allow 90cr in transfer bjcheung77 87 40,079 01-30-2024, 08:10 PM
Last Post: inor
  TAMUC Org Leadership-six UL credits needed StoicJ 20 2,460 12-13-2023, 09:11 PM
Last Post: ltw900rr
  xamk Free Bachelors Degrees gams007 19 4,092 11-29-2023, 06:29 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  List of RA brick and mortar schools that accept 75% of credits from SDC, Sophia, SL ausernameisneeded 19 1,827 09-30-2023, 02:30 PM
Last Post: ausernameisneeded
  Does CUNY SPS allow transfer credits after enrollment? MyRightHandIsBi 11 891 09-13-2023, 08:54 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Limit On Degrees somechick 5 683 09-03-2023, 09:23 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SNHU Transfer New Credits after Enrollment - Can or Can't? berlinerd 3 977 08-17-2023, 11:54 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Does Ana G. Mendez University accept ACE credits ande 7 670 07-11-2023, 02:07 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77