Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Typical American Dream milestones you accomplished before you ever got your degree...
Not American but the 'dream' is the same Tongue

High School.
Had to work upon leaving (needed money to support myself at 16)
Some college equivalent vocational training
Jobs - Hard work, lay offs, more hard work, more lay offs - 15 years of the same cycle.
Dropped out of life to travel.
Lived in a few different countries.
Married.
Started earning that degree.
Baby due in 6 months Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin studying was on hold for a few months when we found out Tongue
Started studying again this week.
Aleks: Beginning, Intermediate, College Algebra, Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics
Straighterline: Cultural Anthropology, Religion, Biology, Environmental Science, Philosophy, Eng Comp I, C++.
Working on - Eng Comp II, Intro Comm
Sophia Intro to Psych
TEEX: CYB101, CYB201, CYB301
NFA: Q318, Q118, Q137
Kaplan: Documenting Experiences

Goal: Complete Gen Ed. requirements.
Military
Wife
Kid
Wife
Kid
Mobile Home
Wife/stepkid
Mobile Home
Discharge
Wife
Condo
Kids to college
College for Dad
B&M College - 4 different majors over 5 years
Technical Cert
Full Time Job - Stopped taking classes
Married
Dog
Promotion
Transferred all Credits to TESC
Expecting Baby in Dec.
MS CSIA From WGU - December 2018
B.S. Cybersecurity - COSC - August 2016
A.S. - COSC - May 2015
4 different B&M colleges out of high school (gave up, no degree)
Marriage (+2 cats, no dog)
Job
Divorce (She kept the cats... #*$#%)
IT Certs (MCSE+I & A+)
New job
Move 1200 miles away for a change of scenery
Dog
Job - Laid off
Job
Marriage (+1 Stepkid)
Dog #2
Degree - BSP
Part-time (teaching) job on top of the FT job
Kid & took 1.5 years off as a stay at home dad.
Move 90 miles (Mother in-law took a spill so we moved to be closer to her, just in case something else happened)
Job
Degree - M.Ed.
Start PhD
& Hopefully new job here in the next few weeks.
Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Wile E. Coyote, genius. I am not selling anything nor am I working my way through college, so let's get down to basics: you are a rabbit and I am going to eat you for supper. Now don't try to get away, I am more muscular, more cunning, faster and larger than you are, and I am a genius, while you could hardly pass the entrance examinations to kindergarten, so I'll give you the customary two minutes to say your prayers.

Bachelor of Science in PsychoRabbitology degree
Master of Education with a specialty in Rabbit-specific destructive munitions (or eLearning & Technology, I forget which)
Doctor of Philosophy in Wile E. Leadership with an area of specialty in Acme Mind Expansion - 2017 Hopefully
3 B&M colleges and then dropped out (Technically 4 but 3 is embarrassing enough)
Job
Married
Changed Job
Self Employed
Condo
Single Family Home
Bigger House
Investment property
Had a beautiful daughter
Divorced (Lost mucho dinero. For those of you who don't know Spanish it means the opposite of chump change)
Sold Business
Unemployed-During this time took flying lessons, thought about being a cop, firefighter, nurse, you name it. Moved back to NJ. Graduated from TESC.
Moved back to CA
Got 2 jobs - 1 in Sales and 1 managing property to get free apartment rent
Changed Sales job due to higher pay
Quit both jobs and became an entrepreneur and bought myself a bimmer (Already got pulled over twice because of it's awesome Estoril Blue color)

I believe watching adult videos is an extremely bad vice which is why I do the next best thing...I watch Naked And Afraid on the Discovery Channel. And if the episode has a hot girl on then I watch it TWICE.
TESC AA
TESC BA June 2010

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Abide University Honorary Doctors Degree bjcheung77 0 541 07-07-2023, 02:17 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TEFL opportunities without a degree Personherebb9 3 488 06-11-2023, 03:09 AM
  The complicated, behind the scenes setup for American Pie's computer scene upgrayedd 0 426 11-09-2022, 11:58 PM
Last Post: upgrayedd
  American University Alpha 1 554 08-26-2022, 04:36 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  for those who have a math degree - is your job math related ? bluebooger 0 528 03-22-2022, 11:42 AM
Last Post: bluebooger
  How has getting a degree from the Big Three (and others) changed your career or life? schristian10 3 929 01-21-2022, 09:43 AM
Last Post: williammosher
  Dream Job Alert! Work From Home & Unlimied Vacation?! bjcheung77 4 1,204 08-01-2021, 09:41 PM
Last Post: Vonne
  Dr. Amy Cuddy 8 years for 1 degree ashkir 3 950 07-11-2021, 01:56 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  Degree Forgery Alpha 8 1,567 04-28-2021, 05:16 PM
  History of Degree "Hacking" collegehacked 8 2,665 07-13-2020, 09:48 AM
Last Post: collegehacked