Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Typing verification
Hi.  My son is doing a few Sophia classes, but the typing verification keeps failing.  We've used the SMS code option a couple of times, but I'm wondering how to correct this issue.  He isn't a great typist since he has Dysgraphia, but he is consistently slow.  Does anyone know if there is a way to "reset" the typing so it recognizes him better?
I don't know what Dysgraphia is so I'm not sure how to help with suggestions, but he needs to type at the same pace every time or else he will need to use the SMS code. The typing is best done on a computer or laptop keyboard not an iPad or other tablet. My husband used an iPad for his Sophia courses and had to have a code sent to him for every exam because the biometrics do not work well on a touch screen.
It wasn’t working for me yesterday because I usually take the tests on my phone. But this time I was working at my laptop so the timing of my keystrokes was different. I’m sure that’s why I had to use the text message option.
I don't think that there's anything that can be done except try to type at the same speed every time. You could try contacting support but I'm not sure that they would be able to do anything.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
One of my sons had this issue the first test he took on Sophia. Failed 3x. We contacted support and they reset it for us.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Homeschool College Guidance Counselor Mom to twin 18 yo boys

CsmLearn
Study: US History, Pres Skills, Enviro Sci, Ethics America, Intro CJ, Meteorology, Forensic Sci, Criminology
Sophia: Psych, Visual Comms, Sociology, Eff Teams, Mng Conflict,  Anc Greek, Art History 1, Intro to IT,
Intro to Bus, Engl Comp 1&2, Religion, Conflict Reso, College Algebra, US History 2
TEEX: Death Invest
Coopersmith: Stress Mgmt, Therapeutic, Drugs & Society, Sport & Exercise, Psych of Motivation, Pos Psych, Career Coun
Community College: Comp Info Syst, A+ Hardware, A+ Op Syst, Linux Op Syst, Networks, Switching & Routing, Networking, IT Security
Computer Certs: Comp Tia A+

Planning for (2) Bachelors: BSLS 

I have been failing mine as well. I’m not sure why.
I've never failed the typing verification and I'm not sure why! I used a variety of tablets, laptops, and desktops for Sophia, in many different settings. I completed every course (except for composition and databases), and my typing was accepted every single time.
TESU Class of 2024 BSBA-CIS+GM, BSIT, ASNSM-CS+Math, AAS-GEN
Earned credits from Sophia, SDC, ASU ULC, TEEX, Microsoft, Strayer, TESU, Saylor, DSST, CLEP, CompTIA, StraighterLine, and others since starting in April 2020
Use the same device every time. When you enroll in a new class type very slowly and precisely so you can repeat that pattern.
I have the exact same problem, and always opt to have the code sent to my cell phone once the option comes up. I use a tablet, but also have carpal tunnel syndrome, which makes my typing inconsistent so it would probably happen even with a keyboard. The easiest thing is probably to have a phone available while taking the tests (if possible) , in order to obtain the code immediately.
Hey just thought I would chime in here. Just a few minutes ago we turned on a new verification feature. It's a little more involved than typing verification -- you have to take a picture of your ID with either your computer camera or your phone -- but it's also more robust verification and hopefully less problematic than TypingDNA.

Currently it's a pilot. it's only for new registrations for our Conflict Resolution course. If you end up taking Conflict Res please let us know what you think, especially compared to typing verification.

Thanks!

Dack @ Sophia
[-] The following 1 user Likes sophia UX's post:
  • jch

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sophia final milestone ID verification Jwheels27 30 4,624 07-11-2023, 10:16 AM
Last Post: imnvs
  Sophia Keystrokes Identity Verification CreditsandCoffee 2 1,733 07-20-2019, 01:25 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Ed4Credit ECO 300 Transfer Verification eriehiker 12 2,720 02-02-2018, 01:09 PM
Last Post: dfrecore