Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Typing verification
Hmm, you've created another alias! I thought I've seen that name before! https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid336201
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(08-02-2021, 04:39 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Hmm, you've created another alias! I thought I've seen that name before! https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid336201

Believe me, I wish I did not have to. I could not successfully retrieve my DF un/pw combo after trying for most of the afternoon.
(08-02-2021, 03:36 PM)sophia UX Wrote: Hey just thought I would chime in here. Just a few minutes ago we turned on a new verification feature. It's a little more involved than typing verification -- you have to take a picture of your ID with either your computer camera or your phone -- but it's also more robust verification and hopefully less problematic than TypingDNA.

Currently it's a pilot. it's only for new registrations for our Conflict Resolution course. If you end up taking Conflict Res please let us know what you think, especially compared to typing verification.

Thanks!

Dack @ Sophia
They need to make this available ASAP. The TypingDNA is terrible.
(04-08-2023, 01:54 PM)AuthorAuthor Wrote: They need to make this available ASAP. The TypingDNA is terrible.

Terrible how? So long as you use the same device for both the sample and the pre-Milestone check, it's fine. I think I've had an issue maybe once in all the Sophia courses I've taken.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Hmm... I've taken many Sophia.org courses when they had the freebie and the 149/year option and haven't actually come across any issues. There were a couple of times the system made me 'redo' the typing for verification, but other than that, I don't recall issues with them. If there is something major going on or an update of some sort causing problems, you may want to let them know something is up by email and their support team can take a look...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(04-08-2023, 01:54 PM)AuthorAuthor Wrote:
(08-02-2021, 03:36 PM)sophia UX Wrote: Hey just thought I would chime in here. Just a few minutes ago we turned on a new verification feature. It's a little more involved than typing verification -- you have to take a picture of your ID with either your computer camera or your phone -- but it's also more robust verification and hopefully less problematic than TypingDNA.

Currently it's a pilot. it's only for new registrations for our Conflict Resolution course. If you end up taking Conflict Res please let us know what you think, especially compared to typing verification.

Thanks!

Dack @ Sophia
They need to make this available ASAP. The TypingDNA is terrible.

I didn't have trouble with the typing verification when I used my laptop. If I tried to use my iPad, it wouldn't work. I also know I don't type the same on a tablet as I do a laptop so I don't think the verification was wrong. I think it was thorough as typing on different devices will lead to different typing patterns.
This is interesting I figured biometrics was kinda bogus ( not really ), cause I never had it fail me either on a phone , iPad , or a pc even while trying to fail. Lol.
Anyways I would follow the advice given and try to type consistently. Or use the sms code or the id verification

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sophia final milestone ID verification Jwheels27 30 4,647 07-11-2023, 10:16 AM
Last Post: imnvs
  Sophia Keystrokes Identity Verification CreditsandCoffee 2 1,736 07-20-2019, 01:25 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Ed4Credit ECO 300 Transfer Verification eriehiker 12 2,734 02-02-2018, 01:09 PM
Last Post: dfrecore