Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
U.S. Diploma
Hi guys, anyone have an idea about working in the Canada? Do you know about if Canada accept TESU Diploma's. I just don't live in the U.S. I could go for an express entry. So i need a diploma that also recognized in Canada or elsewhere. Thanks in advance.  Smile
(03-16-2019, 05:42 AM)mgmar22 Wrote: Hi guys, anyone have an idea about working in the Canada? Do you know about if Canada accept TESU Diploma's. I just don't live in the U.S. I could go for an express entry. So i need a diploma that also recognized in Canada or elsewhere. Thanks in advance.  Smile

Thomas Edison State University is a regionally accredited state university. Regional accreditation is the "gold standard" for college accreditation in the United States and RA degrees should be recognized pretty much anywhere in the world.

So yes, if you have a degree from TESU it should be accepted for proof of academic/education credentials for express entry purposes.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
[-] The following 1 user Likes Merlin's post:
  • mgmar22
(03-16-2019, 05:42 AM)mgmar22 Wrote: Hi guys, anyone have an idea about working in the Canada? Do you know about if Canada accept TESU Diploma's. I just don't live in the U.S. I could go for an express entry. So i need a diploma that also recognized in Canada or elsewhere. Thanks in advance.  Smile

Double check with your school, institutions, etc. You never know what weird rule is going to pop up. I remember someone who got a degree several years ago but couldn't get a visa to work abroad because his degree was seen as a distance degree, even though it was accredited. I can't remember if it was WGU or Capella. The rules may be different now.
OnlineDegree
Intro to Marketing and Strategy ($9) | Intro to Microeconomics ($9)

Study
Intro to Managerial Accounting ($70) | Advanced Accounting ($70) | Managerial Accounting ($80) | Intermediate Accounting 2 ($90) | Intermediate Accounting I ($90) | Cybersecurity Policies & Management ($80) | Management Information Systems ($80) | Data Structures & Algorithms ($80) | Intro to Programming ($70) | Computer Architecture ($70) | Calculus ($80) Database Management ($80)
Systems Analysis & Design ($70) | Discrete Math ($80) | Intro to Operation Systems ($80)

Saylor.org
Intro to Computer Science I ($25)
(03-16-2019, 08:17 AM)udi Wrote:

Double check with your school, institutions, etc. You never know what weird rule is going to pop up. I remember someone who got a degree several years ago but couldn't get a visa to work abroad because his degree was seen as a distance degree, even though it was accredited. I can't remember if it was WGU or Capella. The rules may be different now.
If so, that's a really bad situation. I don't wanna 
be on the hook. Hmm, should ask about that the TESU? What can i do for that? I feel bad now. I really want that degree and want to use it.
Pretty sure you're fine.

But none of us are Canadian immigration officials. You should ask their immigration services what you need.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
(03-16-2019, 08:24 AM)mgmar22 Wrote:
(03-16-2019, 08:17 AM)udi Wrote:

If so, that's a really bad situation. I don't wanna 
be on the hook. Hmm, should ask about that the TESU? What can i do for that? I feel bad now. I really want that degree and want to use it.
I think it would probably be fine, but you could check with the Ministry of Education if you plan on pursuing higher education in Canada or getting a visa or whatever. TESU probably isn't going to know other policies. Don't be discouraged. My point was just to think through to the end goal.
OnlineDegree
Intro to Marketing and Strategy ($9) | Intro to Microeconomics ($9)

Study
Intro to Managerial Accounting ($70) | Advanced Accounting ($70) | Managerial Accounting ($80) | Intermediate Accounting 2 ($90) | Intermediate Accounting I ($90) | Cybersecurity Policies & Management ($80) | Management Information Systems ($80) | Data Structures & Algorithms ($80) | Intro to Programming ($70) | Computer Architecture ($70) | Calculus ($80) Database Management ($80)
Systems Analysis & Design ($70) | Discrete Math ($80) | Intro to Operation Systems ($80)

Saylor.org
Intro to Computer Science I ($25)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If I transfer OTHM Diploma into US University, will they be counted as RA credits? lucillegyl 7 567 02-15-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: lucillegyl
  Do extended level 6 diploma's from the UK get evaluated as Bachelor degrees in the US Pinko64 3 543 11-02-2023, 12:01 AM
Last Post: Pinko64
  UK equivalent of high school diploma axa 8 3,779 09-01-2023, 08:13 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Diploma Appearances ThatBankDude 5 1,177 05-24-2023, 08:35 AM
Last Post: smartdegree
  Fake nursing diploma Imbanewbie 10 1,131 02-01-2023, 09:35 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Coming Soon: Free Diploma of HE in Tourism & Service Business Management (XAMK) sarahmac 0 941 06-23-2022, 05:58 AM
Last Post: sarahmac
  Concentration, Major, Minor are mentioned in the diploma? MrPanda 8 1,001 11-14-2021, 01:06 PM
  XAMK Tourism Diploma rachel83az 21 4,004 10-17-2021, 07:18 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Best place to buy diploma/degree FRAMES? Toastmaster 8 1,497 09-21-2021, 11:33 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  I went crazy and bought 5 - Level 7 Diploma's... bjcheung77 3 1,141 08-12-2021, 10:13 PM