Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
U of Indy
School for Adult Learning (SAL) at the University of Indianapolis

Read down to the part where on the page it states - there is no limit to the number of credit hours you may earn through these exams at UIndy. We've had two students earn over 60 hours of credit by exam—over HALF of their degree. That would cut the 4-year total shown above to under $55,000 :eek: , nearly half price. Mind you, this has only happened twice at UIndy that we know of, but it is possible.

Only two students were able to test out of 60 hrs? We instantcert folks could definately test out of that many credits and then some.

Two people testing out of 60 credits and still paying $55,000! yikes. I vow never to complain about my Excelsior fees again!
When I am not studying - https://youtu.be/C-kk8xa0BLQ

MS in Public Health at SNHU in progress. Expected Grad Date - August 2017

Hardstyle Kettlebell Certified -2014, Ice Chamber Kettlebell Sport Certified - 2015

NCSF Personal Trainer -2010

Done! BS in LIBERAL STUDIES From Excelsior. Conferral Date - Dec 18, 2009!

Licensed Practical Nurse - 1996

Completed!
Military - 58 credits
Traditional - 12 credits
Clep - 21 credits
Excelsior Exams - Organizational Behavior(B), World Population (A), Ethics (A), Cultural Diversity (B),Psychology of A&A (A), Gerontology (B)
DSST -Drugs & Alcohol (A), Civil War (A), Rise and Fall of the Soviet Union (A), Social Psychology (A)
Penn Foster- Info Lit (passed)
april004 Wrote:Two people testing out of 60 credits and still paying $55,000! yikes. I vow never to complain about my Excelsior fees again!

Very enlightening--thanks for posting. This web page would be a great resource for anyone who has to justify the testing-out-of-a-degree process. It would be tough to argue that the process was somehow invalid or substandard when you have the University of Indianapolis charging almost $10K per semester for the VERY SAME THING--except not doing it nearly as well as the Big 3.

I ESPECIALLY like the fact that they accept Excelsior exams. What a great validation.
My Excelsior Journey
Bachelor of Science in General Business, cum laude
Excelsior College
I'm shocked that U of Indy advertises these exams openly on their website. You don't see that very often, especially for a school as pricey as they are. Someone is bound to get interested in CLEP and DSST and stumble onto IC and then see the light and transfer to one of the Big 3...
Excelsior BS - General Business - 2008
Jacksonville State University - MBA - 2010(Done)

121 credits...ALL DONE BABY!!!

54 credits transferred in from prior college
54 credits by examination
6 credits from community college
3 credits from CSU-Pueblo (Operations Management)
4 credits for Information Literacy and Business Strategy from Excelsior

CLEP:
Principles of Macroeconomics (64)
Principles of Microeconomics (61)
Principles of Marketing (66)
Principles of Management (72)
Info Systems and Comp Applications (57)
Introductory Business Law (65)
Social Sciences & History (61)
DSST:
Principles of Supervision (58)
Principles of Statistics (67)
Introduction to Computing (60)
Principles of Financial Accounting (56)
Principles of Finance (55)
Money and Banking (52)
Ethics in America (66)
Management Information Systems (58)
ECE:
Ethics: Theory and Practice (B)
Organizational Behavior ©

GMAT: 600
Maybe--or maybe someone like a gcalvin or a barbara2bba would register for a semester over there and blow through all 120 credits in one semester (assuming they have at least one degree for which all or most of the requirements may be met via testing). Then you could have a University of Indianapolis degree--for a few more $$$--but some folks might want to pay a little extra for a more "name" university (assuming U of Indy is, in fact, a more name university. It sounds like one to me, anyway). I'd like to see THAT happen. I wonder if they would add that to their page along the lines of their 60 credit folks--or if it would make them a little nervous...

bmills072200 Wrote:I'm shocked that U of Indy advertises these exams openly on their website. You don't see that very often, especially for a school as pricey as they are. Someone is bound to get interested in CLEP and DSST and stumble onto IC and then see the light and transfer to one of the Big 3...
My Excelsior Journey
Bachelor of Science in General Business, cum laude
Excelsior College
april004 Wrote:School for Adult Learning (SAL) at the University of Indianapolis

Read down to the part where on the page it states - there is no limit to the number of credit hours you may earn through these exams at UIndy. We've had two students earn over 60 hours of credit by exam—over HALF of their degree. That would cut the 4-year total shown above to under $55,000 :eek: , nearly half price. Mind you, this has only happened twice at UIndy that we know of, but it is possible.

Only two students were able to test out of 60 hrs? We instantcert folks could definately test out of that many credits and then some.

Two people testing out of 60 credits and still paying $55,000! yikes. I vow never to complain about my Excelsior fees again!

Thanks for finding that gem!!!
I love that they award 4 credits for the human growth and development exam hilarious
Odd though, I think they are a little more CLEP-friendly than AP-friendly. In any event, I noticed they award lower credit for a few of the standard 6 credit exams.
Awesome though!