Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UCN like doctorate options?
(02-23-2021, 10:47 PM)Thorne Wrote:
(02-23-2021, 08:02 PM)eLearner Wrote:
(02-23-2021, 07:15 PM)Thorne Wrote: Incredibly low price ($15k) and allowing people to transfer in all credits except the dissertation (not sure if this is universal, but they seem to have no limits on it)

15K for UCN's DBA? I didn't know it was that expensive. Yeah, I'd skip that. Azteca's is as low as $5300. They weren't very professional in the dealings I had with them... oh, who am I kidding, they were extremely unprofessional, but on price that's a way better deal.

$5,300?! Holy jeez. Do you happen to know if they accept the credits from ENEB/UI1?

Also, do we know what the dissertation process looks like for Azteca? I've got free time to put into studies, but a doctorate for me is basically just a hobby, lol
You can just send them your documents for evaluation. Its free. Considering ENEB credits are graduate level they will probably accept them. Im talking about UCN though which is similarly priced. The executive DBA which is 2 years in duration costs €4800 and if you transfer in 60 ECTS, you can graduate after completing just the thesis.
(02-23-2021, 07:15 PM)Thorne Wrote:
(02-23-2021, 06:25 PM)Alpha Wrote:
(02-20-2021, 10:19 PM)Sdmj33 Wrote: Are there any cheap online DBAs similar to the one offered by the UCN? I need it to have a positive WES Canada evaluation. Also, the shorter the duaration, the better. I couldnt find anything on here using the search option.

I know I'm being kind of ignorant with this but I'm not sure what you mean when you say "similar to the one offered by the UCN."  What is it about this degree that makes it different than other DBA's?

Incredibly low price ($15k) and allowing people to transfer in all credits except the dissertation (not sure if this is universal, but they seem to have no limits on it)
Well in that case I'll say that I'd much prefer to go to a place like UNISA.  It's much cheaper and infinitely more reputable.
https://www.unisa.ac.za/sites/corporate/...20SCIENCES
[-] The following 1 user Likes Alpha's post:
  • Leedeedee
(02-23-2021, 10:47 PM)Thorne Wrote: $5,300?! Holy jeez. Do you happen to know if they accept the credits from ENEB/UI1?

Also, do we know what the dissertation process looks like for Azteca? I've got free time to put into studies, but a doctorate for me is basically just a hobby, lol

They may. They have an auto-evaluation tool. I tested it with mock information using ENEB as the school to see if it would work and it did go through. Even got a follow-up email on its acceptance from a school rep.

Not sure about anything else.
[-] The following 1 user Likes eLearner's post:
  • StoicJ
Quick update, CES at UoToronto responded to my query regarding UCN credentials being accepted by them. This is their answer:
I have checked internally and I do not see anything saying that we do not accept credentials from that school. Therefore, it would seem to me that we do. I invite you to go on and continue your application. If there is any issue, it will be communicated to you shortly after we receive the application but as I said, there are no notes relating to that school in Nicaragua. It should be fine. 

I think I might pull the trigger on the UCN executive DBA.
(03-04-2021, 03:39 AM)Sdmj33 Wrote: Quick update, CES at UoToronto responded to my query regarding UCN credentials being accepted by them. This is their answer:
I have checked internally and I do not see anything saying that we do not accept credentials from that school. Therefore, it would seem to me that we do. I invite you to go on and continue your application. If there is any issue, it will be communicated to you shortly after we receive the application but as I said, there are no notes relating to that school in Nicaragua. It should be fine. 

Accepted in what way? For teaching positions? Transfer credit?
I believe for immigration purposes. They evaluate academic credentials for immigration
(03-04-2021, 04:32 AM)eLearner Wrote:
(03-04-2021, 03:39 AM)Sdmj33 Wrote: Quick update, CES at UoToronto responded to my query regarding UCN credentials being accepted by them. This is their answer:

Accepted in what way? For teaching positions? Transfer credit?
Like Cofffeee said, for immigration. As someone who needs a degree to get a higher immigration score for one of their programs, its great news.
Its really great news. Hope it stays this way for at least few years.
(03-04-2021, 06:30 AM)Cofffeee Wrote: Its really great news. Hope it stays this way for at least few years.

I hope so too. Im planning on completing the dissertation in 6 months which the minimum required time to be enrolled for. Easier said that done but i dont really have a lot of time.
has WES blocked UCN completely or only their DBA/PhD program?
I'm interested in the Master's program.
[-] The following 1 user Likes arad's post:
  • elcastor21

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DBA from EIU Paris - 2yrs total €5000 WES recognised as Doctorate? FrHaseKopf 5 315 03-17-2024, 11:15 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Seeking Doctorate in National Security or Public Policy FireMedic_Philosopher 23 883 03-07-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  $15000 Doctorate NA ashkir 127 16,371 03-03-2024, 02:14 AM
  32-credit doctorate in systems engineer? It's possible! sanantone 3 1,765 03-03-2024, 01:32 AM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  Universidad Azteca's new doctorate programs Kalas 8 709 02-25-2024, 07:35 AM
Last Post: Messdiener
  EIMT Doctorate Program reputation EducationSeeker 8 3,399 02-16-2024, 01:36 AM
Last Post: sbeaty
  Online doctorate degrees Malaysia Johann1 6 845 02-08-2024, 01:52 AM
  FREE doctorate in Economy & Government (in Spanish, in Spain) Kalas 1 438 01-26-2024, 08:47 AM
Last Post: Harry101
  Help me pick my next doctorate! jfitzg8876 5 870 11-07-2023, 04:47 PM
  Liberty University Doctorate DBA Rhashad 20 3,715 09-28-2023, 11:07 PM
Last Post: SophiaPrincess