Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UL Arts and Sciences/Applied Professional Credits
I’m thinking about doing DAU courses for UL credits. Would management/acquisition/contracting fall under arts and sciences/applied professional?
Composition Modular- 52 (3 cr)
Analyzing & Interpreting Literature 52 (6 cr)
College Composition- 50 (6 cr)
(08-08-2020, 07:19 PM)mrskitty Wrote: I’m thinking about doing DAU courses for UL credits. Would management/acquisition/contracting fall under arts and sciences/applied professional?

This is largely dependent on how your school views the transfer. Being under this thread, Excelsior does not accept DAU credits as Arts and Sciences and I would consider going so far as to say most schools will not. These courses generally are considered applied professional and will only be leveraged against applied professional credits if your degree is in Business or Liberal Arts. Excelsior considers Arts and Sciences to be just that, art, music, humanities, philosophy, sociology, social sciences, natural sciences, etc. If you have already enrolled I will urge you to run all your courses past your advisor for approval. If you have not enrolled we can try to help where we can but there are few of us Excelsior students on the forum, many are TESU or COSC. If you are in need of UL Arts and Sciences, I would strongly consider Coopersmith as that is the only place I was able to find UL A&S that were approved by my advisor. 

https://www.coopersmithcc.net/
(08-09-2020, 03:21 PM)BBryant165 Wrote:
(08-08-2020, 07:19 PM)mrskitty Wrote: I’m thinking about doing DAU courses for UL credits. Would management/acquisition/contracting fall under arts and sciences/applied professional?

This is largely dependent on how your school views the transfer. Being under this thread, Excelsior does not accept DAU credits as Arts and Sciences and I would consider going so far as to say most schools will not. These courses generally are considered applied professional and will only be leveraged against applied professional credits if your degree is in Business or Liberal Arts. Excelsior considers Arts and Sciences to be just that, art, music, humanities, philosophy, sociology, social sciences, natural sciences, etc. If you have already enrolled I will urge you to run all your courses past your advisor for approval. If you have not enrolled we can try to help where we can but there are few of us Excelsior students on the forum, many are TESU or COSC. If you are in need of UL Arts and Sciences, I would strongly consider Coopersmith as that is the only place I was able to find UL A&S that were approved by my advisor. 

https://www.coopersmithcc.net/
I have not enrolled yet, but I know I will need UL Arts and Sciences and UL Applied Professional. I’m waiting for an unofficial evaluation to get back for a BS Liberal Arts.
Where would TEEX Criminal Investigations fall under?
Cause criminology is a branch of sociology.
(08-15-2020, 05:18 PM)mrskitty Wrote: Cause criminology is a branch of sociology.

My advisor did not accept TEEX Criminal Investigations as Arts & Sciences so more than likely it would be evaluated as applied professional if it fits in your degree plan.

(08-16-2020, 01:35 PM)BBryant165 Wrote:
(08-15-2020, 05:18 PM)mrskitty Wrote: Cause criminology is a branch of sociology.

My advisor did not accept TEEX Criminal Investigations as Arts & Sciences so more than likely it would be evaluated as applied professional if it fits in your degree plan.
Bummer. I don’t need any more Applied Professional. Thank you.
(08-16-2020, 04:48 PM)mrskitty Wrote:

Try looking at coopersmith for Arts and Sciences courses. Excelsior only accepts courses as Arts and Sciences when they specifically cover art, humanities, natural sciences, or social sciences. Its very difficult to stretch with them, because criminology is a branch of sociology wont work for them. The evaluation team is going to say no criminology is a branch of a career field in the administration of justice community. When it comes to Upper Level courseware coopersmith is going to be just about one of the only places you can find UL art and science credit for excelsior.

(08-18-2020, 02:12 PM)BBryant165 Wrote:

Try looking at coopersmith for Arts and Sciences courses. Excelsior only accepts courses as Arts and Sciences when they specifically cover art, humanities, natural sciences, or social sciences. Its very difficult to stretch with them, because criminology is a branch of sociology wont work for them. The evaluation team is going to say no criminology is a branch of a career field in the administration of justice community. When it comes to Upper Level courseware coopersmith is going to be just about one of the only places you can find UL art and science credit for excelsior.
Is there a discount code floating around?
(08-18-2020, 03:51 PM)mrskitty Wrote:
(08-18-2020, 02:12 PM)BBryant165 Wrote:

Is there a discount code floating around?

Coopersmith doesn't currently offer a discount code. There are some other post on here about it but basically they only offer a referral code which provides the referring person a benefit.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Excelsior BSLA - Upper Level Credits Robinred2404 7 403 03-18-2024, 09:08 PM
Last Post: Robinred2404
  What are Arts & Science Electives EHC2110 4 947 11-10-2023, 12:29 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Excelsior University BS in Liberal Arts Upper Credit Transfer Options Niketay 13 2,315 07-05-2023, 10:22 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Need to know what UL credits will work for Liberal Arts degree AnyName 20 3,170 06-25-2023, 11:56 PM
Last Post: Kab
  Arts, Sciences and Applied Prof Electives quetions CM1999 3 514 03-30-2023, 12:00 PM
Last Post: CM1999
  upper level business credits at EC MCJ 10 3,067 03-22-2023, 07:52 AM
Last Post: MCJ
  Advisor said no but transferred credits anyway... frankc 5 1,095 07-23-2022, 07:30 AM
Last Post: TheVilified
  Transferring TEEX credits to Excelsior Loopsb 6 2,326 10-23-2021, 10:18 AM
Last Post: TwinMom
Question Arts & Science vs Arts & Science & Applied Professional at Excelsior alsimko 11 3,129 08-04-2021, 05:48 PM
Last Post: nosey561
  EC Wants Me To Do 34 Credits Despite Having 100+ Credits Kal Di 20 4,395 07-20-2021, 04:07 PM
Last Post: studyingfortests