Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UL Testing
Hello Everyone,

This is my first post, but I have this forum for the last two years and it has been a great help!   I need options for my upper level course for my BALS at TESU.  I have already taken all the DSSTs I can and would like to find a UL option I can just test out of and has no writing included.  I attempted the Saylor course (organizational communication) and missed it by 2 points.  So I am searching for the quickest option in hopes to be done by 1 May.  Thank you so much.
Have you looked at UExcels? Some of them are UL, but there is some overlap with DSST subjects.

https://www.excelsior.edu/exams/uexcel/
TESU, BSBA-HR Completed December 2020

Completed: B&M CC: 67 units applied to degree Study.com: Principles of Management, Principles of Marketing, Computing, International Business, Library Science, Managerial Accounting, Leading Organizational Change, Finance, Organizational Theory, Strategic Human Resources (30 units) Davar: Organizational Behavior, Managerial Communication (6 units) Sophia: Microeconomics, Statistics, College Algebra, Conflict Resolution, Leading Teams (11 units) Institutes: Ethics (2 units) TESU: Business Capstone, Cornerstone (4 units)

Next up: Researching Master's Programs
[-] The following 1 user Likes Muldoon's post:
  • Tedium
I don't know of any UL courses through study.com that don't have papers.

Ed4Credit has some UL (PSY 340: Abnormal Psychology, PSY 375: Aging & Society, CSC 300: Managing Information Systems), but no idea what the courses require.

Coopersmith has a bunch of UL courses/exams, again, no idea what they entail.

UL TECEP's require writing on their exams, although not papers.

UExcel's seem to be multiple choice.

Davar has some UL exams that would probably work in a BALS (Organizational Behavior, Managerial Communications, Business Ethics, Management Information Systems) - no idea if you have to write anything.

CSU-Global has tons of UL exams.

-----------------------------------------

BTW - I don't think Saylor courses are UL any longer except Principles of Finance.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(04-26-2019, 12:18 AM)dfrecore Wrote: Davar has some UL exams that would probably work in a BALS (Organizational Behavior, Managerial Communications, Business Ethics, Management Information Systems) - no idea if you have to write anything.

Davar's exams are something like 60 multiple choice and 10 short answer questions. You write maybe 1-4 sentences per answer, or a short paragraph. They can be challenging since you're asked to recall specific information from the slides, without much to prompt you. On the plus side, since the material comes from the slides so you can likely pass them pretty quickly.
TESU, BSBA-HR Completed December 2020

Completed: B&M CC: 67 units applied to degree Study.com: Principles of Management, Principles of Marketing, Computing, International Business, Library Science, Managerial Accounting, Leading Organizational Change, Finance, Organizational Theory, Strategic Human Resources (30 units) Davar: Organizational Behavior, Managerial Communication (6 units) Sophia: Microeconomics, Statistics, College Algebra, Conflict Resolution, Leading Teams (11 units) Institutes: Ethics (2 units) TESU: Business Capstone, Cornerstone (4 units)

Next up: Researching Master's Programs
[-] The following 1 user Likes Muldoon's post:
  • indigoshuffle

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Testing out of History & Civics and Ethical Leadership requirements? WHOASIS1 6 759 03-31-2023, 09:36 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Testing out of degree (New 90 credit limit) TryHardDieHard 9 1,272 08-06-2021, 04:08 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  Options for testing out of BA Communications? xstrike9999 7 1,029 11-05-2020, 04:39 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Advice or Help for a newbie Plllllease :D TESU/Testing Out K93 11 1,682 04-09-2019, 12:05 AM
Last Post: K93
  Testing out of TESU Communications Undergrad Certificate Jenna.C 5 1,204 01-28-2019, 11:23 AM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  Help with testing out of Liberal Studies concentrations at TESU Jenna.C 24 3,471 01-11-2019, 02:29 AM
Last Post: dfrecore