Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ULondon & Coursera
I would go for the other Coursera partners or if you prefer, edx, futurelearn, etc... a few of them can be had for an affordable price point...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(10-13-2021, 06:00 PM)nomaduser Wrote: I've seen around four... none of them had valid / well-paying IT jobs.
So I decided to not look into UoL stuffs... maybe it's better to get an online degree from four-year university in US.

That doesn't necessarily mean anything. People choose jobs for a variety of reasons aside from the monetary aspect of it. Higher paying IT jobs tend to come with a LOT of stress. Getting a cheaper degree means that you don't HAVE to take a stressful job just to pay off your student loans. You have the luxury of picking and choosing which jobs to take.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
In the private sector, there isn't a lot of familiarity with foreign schools other than Cambridge and Oxford. However, there shouldn't be many questions about University of London. If anyone were to do the research on the various colleges of University of London, they would mostly see impressive data. Plenty of people with foreign educations work in tech in the U.S.

I don't know if these profiles can be seen publicly, but since this thread is about business and not IT, here are some individuals with University of London degrees working in the U.S.

Investment Strategy Lead at JPMorgan (this guy got into a master's program at Harvard)
https://www.linkedin.com/in/nithin-geere...kxroCFYtdc

Senior Operations Officer at World Bank
https://www.linkedin.com/in/philip-jespe...XWcoTibVDU

Senior Associate at Morgan Stanley
https://www.linkedin.com/in/gabriella-yu...zDLFOid50c

Head of Operations at Macquarie Group
https://www.linkedin.com/in/jamie-broom-...M2Di5KcogY

Senior Manager at McKesson
https://www.linkedin.com/in/kimia-penton...SjMAJO6aXk

Something I came across a lot when looking at LinkedIn profiles was people who completed study abroad programs at various University of London colleges while attending prestigious universities in the U.S. If University of London weren't well-regarded, why would top 50 universities in the U.S. have study abroad partnerships with them?
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
[-] The following 1 user Likes sanantone's post:
  • Pikachu
I mean the real UoL in UK are good schools but the online UoL isn't regarded the same.
Employers don't treat them the same way...
When you say you attended 'online campus' of the school, employers won't like it
(10-14-2021, 10:55 AM)nomaduser Wrote: I mean the real UoL in UK are good schools but the online UoL isn't regarded the same.
When you say you attended 'online campus' of the school, employers won't like it

I'm certain that some employers won't like it.  That has always been true of online degrees in general and so it's a statement that could be made about any/all online schools.
(10-14-2021, 10:55 AM)nomaduser Wrote: I mean the real UoL in UK are good schools but the online UoL isn't regarded the same.

Online campus? Neither degrees nor transcripts say "online" in most situations. Royal Holloway is a brick and mortar campus.
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
What do employers think of online degrees?
https://www.bandt.com.au/what-do-employe...ne-degree/
I think there is some confusion over the UOL online/distance learning degree and the brick and mortar equivalent such as Imperial College, London School of Economics, University College London, and King's College which are all highly ranked in the academic world.

The UOL distance learning degree is very popular in my country where there are even schools that are specially set up to teach students full time, yes real butt in-seat classes. This program cannot be compared to the ones in London in that their entry requirements are minimal, a pass in 2 A-Levels subjects with grade D would suffice for entry study, although this DL degree is also very rigorous and well regarded.

Employers do know the difference between an Imperial College/LSE/UCL/KCL degree vs a distance learning UOL degree, at least in my part of the world. There was a recent case where the CEO of a sovereign fund who was found to be lying when his resume stated he graduated from the prestigious LSE when he really got the distance learning UOL degree.
(10-15-2021, 03:06 AM)robertsted Wrote: I think there is some confusion over the UOL online/distance learning degree and the brick and mortar equivalent such as Imperial College, London School of Economics, University College London, and King's College which are all highly ranked in the academic world.

The UOL distance learning degree is very popular in my country where there are even schools that are specially set up to teach students full time, yes real butt in-seat classes. This program cannot be compared to the ones in London in that their entry requirements are minimal, a pass in 2 A-Levels subjects with grade D would suffice for entry study, although this DL degree is also very rigorous and well regarded.

Employers do know the difference between an Imperial College/LSE/UCL/KCL degree vs a distance learning UOL degree, at least in my part of the world. There was a recent case where the CEO of a sovereign fund who was found to be lying when his resume stated he graduated from the prestigious LSE when he really got the distance learning UOL degree.

What is put on the transcript and diploma? That is what matters. You're talking about a DL degree with extended campuses around the world, but you're not specifically talking about the Imperial College, Royal Holloway and Goldsmiths degrees offered through Coursera.

Do graduates of the online programme earn the same degree as graduates of the on-campus programme?

Yes, graduates will earn the same Master of Public Health award as students in the on-campus programme.

https://www.coursera.org/degrees/global-mph-imperial
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
DSST
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Iirc, last time UoL's DL program's diploma would state 'studied as an External Student' on their diploma

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=257126&d=1386940508]

but i think those from Cousera is totally different.
[-] The following 1 user Likes nyvrem's post:
  • Pikachu

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Prompt Engineering Course by Vanderbilt University on Coursera LevelUP 2 230 03-23-2024, 05:28 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  New Georgetown Coursera Bachelors smartdegree 73 9,023 03-18-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: SilentWarrior
  Coursera Certs Offline natshar 4 294 03-10-2024, 12:03 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Coursera & Edx - Peer Reviewed Assignments bjcheung77 7 936 01-09-2024, 12:01 PM
Last Post: gulshan212
  Coursera Plus for $1/month... Expires Sept 21, 2023 bjcheung77 7 1,201 11-22-2023, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
Information Coursera Bachelor of Science in Computer Science for $4k! nomaduser 19 3,881 09-16-2023, 06:32 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Coursera, Udemy & LinkedIn Learning ss20ts 6 1,972 06-12-2023, 11:51 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  New course from Coursera Imbanewbie 3 865 05-13-2023, 03:34 PM
Last Post: HVzR5
  Google IT support from Coursera qualify ACE credit Imbanewbie 74 18,989 01-30-2023, 10:18 AM
Last Post: Tammy Sellers
  Coursera - BS in Computer Science from top US university for only $10k ! nomaduser 43 6,715 01-25-2023, 12:35 AM
Last Post: MrPanda