Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UMPI BAS with 2 Minors
I have finished up a few more classes and am at the point where I will be starting my first few classes with Study before I am finally ready to move on to UMPI. I finished all the requirements for the Pierpont AAS degree and will graduate December 9th. Now that I will have an AAS, I found out that I am able to earn a BAS in place of the BLS, but I wanted to make sure that I am understanding everything correctly. There are no additional requirements for the BAS, correct? It is something that I am merely afforded due to holding an AAS degree, correct?

I also have learned that you are able to earn multiple minors through UMPI. I have created a degree plan with 2 minors (Management & Business Administration). I would appreciate anyone that could take the time to look it over to make sure I am not mistaken in any area. Everything in green has been completed, so I am just needing to do the courses through Study and then apply and move on to UMPI. I have not yet chosen the UL courses that I will take at UMPI, as I am still researching what areas I am most interested in and what would work best for my personal limitations (memory issues). I would personally prefer faster courses that are focused on writing papers rather than exams if possible.  

.xlsx   UMPI Degree Plan with Minors.xlsx (Size: 10.83 KB / Downloads: 24)

Thank you to everyone that regularly posts and replies on this forum. It has been so helpful and I know that I would not have been able to do all that I have without the guidance many of you have given.
[-] The following 1 user Likes NBM123's post:
  • Mr T
Did somebody from UMPI tell you that you can get the BAS? If not, you might not be eligible. It's not something they're allowing for everyone. If they've told you you can get it, the requirements are (IMO) actually easier than the BAS. But they're both good degrees, if that's the kind of degree that would be useful for you.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • ss20ts
(11-23-2022, 04:56 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Did somebody from UMPI tell you that you can get the BAS? If not, you might not be eligible. It's not something they're allowing for everyone. If they've told you you can get it, the requirements are (IMO) actually easier than the BAS. But they're both good degrees, if that's the kind of degree that would be useful for you.

Oh I was unaware that it was something that you needed permission for. I thought that if you held an AAS, you were eligible and just needed to ask. My mistake. I guess I would need to talk to them when I apply and enroll in a few months, once I am done with the few classes I'm taking with Study.
(11-23-2022, 11:53 AM)NBM123 Wrote:
(11-23-2022, 04:56 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Did somebody from UMPI tell you that you can get the BAS? If not, you might not be eligible. It's not something they're allowing for everyone. If they've told you you can get it, the requirements are (IMO) actually easier than the BAS. But they're both good degrees, if that's the kind of degree that would be useful for you.

Oh I was unaware that it was something that you needed permission for. I thought that if you held an AAS, you were eligible and just needed to ask. My mistake. I guess I would need to talk to them when I apply and enroll in a few months, once I am done with the few classes I'm taking with Study.

I agree with  rachel83az  - the BAS doesnt appear to be a stated Your Pace option; though it may be considered on a case by case basis.  I started at UMPI in March of 2022 in YourPace, while completing the BOG AAS at Pierpont in March, then receiving the diploma and transcript in May. In July, during my 2nd session of Your Pace  I noticed the UMPI BAS info while poking around on their website, or maybe it was here on degreeforum, I then went back into the Pierpont and Credly systems to export the Pierpont transcript out to UMPI, then asked for a credit re-evaluation noting the AAS. I got the update that I could do either the BAS or the BABA (which i was already working on ) but I could not double major in both-as an FYI .  i simply wanted the option of the BAS since at that time i wasn't up to speed fully on how UMPI worked and wanted a Plan B in case i wasnt able to complete all the requirements for the BABA.  Fast forward to today, and have gotten into a good groove of the UMPI courses, especially the courses with the written milestones and term papers, so am accelerating during the holidays and just put in the official application at UMPI for the May graduation.  If i complete everything early I might just go right into the MAOL. 

I wish you well!
If you have an AAS, you may be eligible for the BAS. If you don't have an AAS, you're definitely not eligible. It's very much a case-by-case thing, like Mr T says.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 3 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • FastTrackDegree, Mr T, ss20ts
(11-23-2022, 12:34 PM)Mr T Wrote:

I agree with  rachel83az  - the BAS doesnt appear to be a stated Your Pace option; though it may be considered on a case by case basis.  I started at UMPI in March of 2022 in YourPace, while completing the BOG AAS at Pierpont in March, then receiving the diploma and transcript in May. In July, during my 2nd session of Your Pace  I noticed the UMPI BAS info while poking around on their website, or maybe it was here on degreeforum, I then went back into the Pierpont and Credly systems to export the Pierpont transcript out to UMPI, then asked for a credit re-evaluation noting the AAS. I got the update that I could do either the BAS or the BABA (which i was already working on ) but I could not double major in both-as an FYI .  i simply wanted the option of the BAS since at that time i wasn't up to speed fully on how UMPI worked and wanted a Plan B in case i wasnt able to complete all the requirements for the BABA.  Fast forward to today, and have gotten into a good groove of the UMPI courses, especially the courses with the written milestones and term papers, so am accelerating during the holidays and just put in the official application at UMPI for the May graduation.  If i complete everything early I might just go right into the MAOL. 

I wish you well!

Thank you for the information. I will make sure to have my Pierpont transcript sent to UMPI when I am ready to apply and will just keep my fingers crossed that it is an option they will allow me to pursue. If you have the time, I would love to hear your experiences with the classes you have taken through UMPI, even though it looks like we are on a bit of a different path.
(11-23-2022, 03:38 PM)NBM123 Wrote:
(11-23-2022, 12:34 PM)Mr T Wrote:

I wish you well!

Thank you for the information. I will make sure to have my Pierpont transcript sent to UMPI when I am ready to apply and will just keep my fingers crossed that it is an option they will allow me to pursue. If you have the time, I would love to hear your experiences with the classes you have taken through UMPI, even though it looks like we are on a bit of a different path.

I've had great experiences from beginning in December last year with a zoom call with Jessica, to the current two courses I am in, and the ten I have completed. Both Jessica and Cody are very supportive. The professors have provided me with good insights and learnings in each class. I'll be using the degree in my current line of work, so the "competency" part of CBE has been very helpful for me.
I have an AAS and an AS and was denied entry into the BAS on YourPace. I had to go for the BLS. Just having an AAS is not a guarantee that you'll be accepted into the BAS. most students in YourPace are denied and sent to the BLS instead. Technically, the BAS is an on campus degree and not available in YourPace. They have made a few exceptions. My AAS is in Business Administration which is listed as one of the programs accepted into the BAS and I was still denied.
(11-23-2022, 07:24 PM)ss20ts Wrote: I have an AAS and an AS and was denied entry into the BAS on YourPace. I had to go for the BLS. Just having an AAS is not a guarantee that you'll be accepted into the BAS. most students in YourPace are denied and sent to the BLS instead. Technically, the BAS is an on campus degree and not available in YourPace. They have made a few exceptions. My AAS is in Business Administration which is listed as one of the programs accepted into the BAS and I was still denied.

Interesting.  Perhaps I am reading the info in the advising email incorrectly; perhaps Jessica's response was more of a general nature of the possibilities vs. an actual acceptance into the BAS via Your Pace; since I was only exploring my options, and made no changes to my actual BABA enrollment in Your Pace.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New considering UMPI but…. manyoptions4me 48 4,417 2 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  choosing between UMPI BBA in management&leadership vs project management whereismyramen 6 164 03-26-2024, 04:13 PM
  What is considered FT at UMPI YourPace for the Pell Grant? RachelB 3 157 03-26-2024, 05:50 AM
  Help with UMPI admissions requirement Throwmeaway1590 2 213 03-25-2024, 08:24 PM
  Sophia's Human biology and lab did not meet UMPi's BIO 105 HappyPeanut 9 845 03-22-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: lifted567
  UMPI BLS Minor Business theea 5 264 03-20-2024, 02:41 PM
  UMPI Class Review Master Thread RbxFunRocks 95 56,416 03-20-2024, 03:37 AM
Last Post: theea
  HELP! SDC to UMPI transfer jrock87 3 198 03-16-2024, 12:14 AM
Last Post: jrock87
  UL Courses Outside of UMPI - Fast CCCollege 7 935 03-11-2024, 10:46 AM
  AI in UMPI him22 16 1,253 03-09-2024, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Ares