Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UMPI BLS MIS PLAN on Wiki still worth following?
Hi everyone,

This is my very first thread (I believe there must be a template for new threads, but could not find it).

Question:

Is the BLS Management Information Systems plan on wiki still a good plan to follow?

Additional Comment:

I am starting some Sophia courses that I know are transferable, so I was just wondering if it's still worth following this plan from July 2022. 

Reference Link:

Here's the link to the degree forum wiki for this plan: Forum Degree Wiki BLS MIS PLAN

Thank you!
(05-29-2023, 09:38 AM)cvieira Wrote: Hi everyone,

This is my very first thread (I believe there must be a template for new threads, but could not find it).

Question:

Is the BLS Management Information Systems plan on wiki still a good plan to follow?

Additional Comment:

I am starting some Sophia courses that I know are transferable, so I was just wondering if it's still worth following this plan from July 2022. 

Reference Link:

Here's the link to the degree forum wiki for this plan: Forum Degree Wiki BLS MIS PLAN

Thank you!

Why wouldn't the plan be worth following?

The plan was last updated Feb 2023. 

5E needs Sophia U.S. Govt added as an option.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes LevelUP's post:
  • ss20ts
(05-29-2023, 10:31 AM)LevelUP Wrote:

Question:

Additional Comment:

Reference Link:

Thank you!

Thanks for your reply. I had not realized that it was updated this year, my bad, thanks for the heads up.
(05-29-2023, 10:31 AM)LevelUP Wrote:

Question:

Additional Comment:

Reference Link:

Thank you!

Wiki page - Updated
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

[-] The following 1 user Likes allvia's post:
  • origamishuttle
I edited it as well, to say that the plan was as of February 2023. A few more edits on courses as well (it was confusing where it said "(UMPI recommended)" because that sounded as if UMPI was recommending you take that course, rather than being recommended by us to take the course at UMPI. I clarified.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
@cvieira, Welcome to the board. That's an awesome direct, quick, simple post to get the conversation started! Is there a specific reason you're going for the UMPI BLS MIS? I think it's a great option for maximizing your transfer credits if you have about 60-90 of them, but the major is actually Liberal Studies with a minor in MIS...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(05-29-2023, 09:38 AM)cvieira Wrote: Is the BLS Management Information Systems plan on wiki still a good plan to follow?

Several students have had great difficulty with English Comp 1/2 and HUM 103 recently. I would strongly recommend looking at the Study.com options instead. Also, you may want to join the discord.
Pierpont Community & Technical College 2022
Associate of Applied Science - Board of Governors - Area of Emphasis: Information Systems
Western Governors University 
Bachelor of Science - Cloud Computing
Charter Oak State College
Bachelor of Science - General Studies - Concentration: Information Systems Studies
Thomas Edison State University
Bachelor of Arts - Computer Science
Associate in Science in Natural Sciences and Mathematics - Mathematics
University of Maine at Presque Isle 
Bachelor of Applied Science - Minor: Project Management
(05-29-2023, 05:31 PM)origamishuttle Wrote: Several students have had great difficulty with English Comp 1/2 and HUM 103 recently. I would strongly recommend looking at the Study.com options instead. Also, you may want to join the discord.

HUM103 is leaving. ART108 is currently available on Strut which is a much better fit for this area of the GEC anyway. The difficulty many students have with English Comp 1 & 2 is not following the instructions and rubric. I see it all the time on the Discord channel. Lots of people haven't any idea how APA works. Why would they? It's not like you use it in life outside of academia.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • origamishuttle
(05-29-2023, 05:31 PM)origamishuttle Wrote:
(05-29-2023, 09:38 AM)cvieira Wrote: Is the BLS Management Information Systems plan on wiki still a good plan to follow?

Several students have had great difficulty with English Comp 1/2 and HUM 103 recently. I would strongly recommend looking at the Study.com options instead. Also, you may want to join the discord.

Ya, I saw that. I would say American Govt is one of the easiest courses to take at UMPI.

I was going to go back to recommending College Composition II at Sophia since I heard Sophia is finally grading faster for that course.

Conflict Resolution I don't think works for 1C so needs to be removed.

Communication at Work (BUS 210) is now called Workplace Communication and does that still fill 1C?

Business Communication seems like the best course to take if BA Biz Admin major since it shows that course comes in as PCJ 215, which fills a spot in the major as well as 1C for general ed.

Public Speaking also works for 1C as well.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 2 users Like LevelUP's post:
  • origamishuttle, Pikachu
If you want the most up-to-date for General Education requirements, check out this wiki page
https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/UM...ts_Roadmap

I'm not sure yet how Microbiology will come in, so I left that course out.

If you see any errors or have any suggestions, let me know. Is this GE wiki page easy to read and understand?
[-] The following 1 user Likes LevelUP's post:
  • origamishuttle

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Inquiry Regarding Equivalent Classes for Remaining UMPI Requirements hicham78h 3 124 53 minutes ago
Last Post: rachel83az
  Should I contact UMPI now or wait until I finish my GEC with Sophia then contact them JusW 3 92 7 hours ago
Last Post: JusW
  UMPI YourPace BLS w/ Management Minor Reference Plan valentvne 6 226 04-21-2024, 10:23 PM
Last Post: colonelcamp
  minimum age for UMPI students YourPace EducationSeeker 6 247 04-20-2024, 05:19 PM
Last Post: EducationSeeker
  Math GECs Sophia/UMPI colonelcamp 2 122 04-19-2024, 06:47 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Framed UMPI Diploma joshua27 31 6,465 04-19-2024, 03:01 PM
Last Post: colonelcamp
  New considering UMPI but…. manyoptions4me 55 5,427 04-16-2024, 01:26 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  UMPI BLS MISM VS Pierport then UMPI BAS k681 11 462 04-16-2024, 09:15 AM
Last Post: Hotdogman1
  Are TEEX courses eligible for credits at UMPI? soulking 7 339 04-16-2024, 12:44 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  BLS Management Minor Degree Plan mohelena02 4 411 04-12-2024, 10:19 AM
Last Post: mohelena02