Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is everything on the course material required at UMPI?
I know there are a fair bit of courses that have things such as TEDTALKS or other relevant vlog style Youtube videos. Are you required to look at them? I honestly hated when professors made us watch these things instead of just reading or a more "structured" 
Is it possible to look or take the Milestones before any of the material? I am really skilled at researching, and most likely can dig through outside textbooks and research papers to write my assignments way faster than looking through what UMPI provides. I passed most of my previous college classes this way.
Yes, all of the course content is on the learning platform. The exams and quizzes from from the reading material not the links. You don't have to watch the links, but they are there to help give more information. Some of them are really useful when it comes to writing papers.

The Milestones are essays. Some classes they're unlocked before you finish the module content and some they're not. You need to use peer reviewed academic journals for your papers. You must cite your sources. Each course will have instructions for what you need to use for the papers such as 5 peer reviewed journal articles. Some professors are waaaaaay pickier about this that others.
(11-10-2022, 02:48 PM)ss20ts Wrote: Yes, all of the course content is on the learning platform. The exams and quizzes from from the reading material not the links. You don't have to watch the links, but they are there to help give more information. Some of them are really useful when it comes to writing papers.

The Milestones are essays. Some classes they're unlocked before you finish the module content and some they're not. You need to use peer reviewed academic journals for your papers. You must cite your sources. Each course will have instructions for what you need to use for the papers such as 5 peer reviewed journal articles. Some professors are waaaaaay pickier about this that others.
Thank you! I still will be working full time + weekend volunteering, so I worry about time constraints. I'd rather use the time I have not slogging through material. My goal is 3 classes per semester, and hopefully will be done in 4-5 terms!
Do you mean you want to get through 3 classes per session? There's 2 sessions per semester.

Some courses don't have a great deal of content and others are very long. There are classes that can be completed 3 days and others will take a week of a lot of hours. Again it also matters what your experience, knowledge, and interests are. Some of those long lasses came easy to me. There was just a lot of content. Sometimes the Final Assessment isn't that interesting so I dragged my feet. There's no formula on how to do UMPI. That's kind of the beauty of it. You do what works for you - how it works for you.
(11-10-2022, 03:46 PM)ss20ts Wrote: Do you mean you want to get through 3 classes per session? There's 2 sessions per semester.

Some courses don't have a great deal of content and others are very long. There are classes that can be completed 3 days and others will take a week of a lot of hours. Again it also matters what your experience, knowledge, and interests are. Some of those long lasses came easy to me. There was just a lot of content. Sometimes the Final Assessment isn't that interesting so I dragged my feet. There's no formula on how to do UMPI. That's kind of the beauty of it. You do what works for you - how it works for you.
Yes! 3 classes per 8 weeks (sorry didn't realize they aren't called semesters). I am only able to put about 10-20 hours per week with my other responsibilities, so I don't expect to get the 5-10+ classes done in one session as many of you guys can. I do hope I can at least do three! UMPI has been really dragging its feet processing my transcripts, so I'm taking macro and microeconomics in the meantime, since I didn't have those classes. Hopefully they will be done soon, so I can quickly determine how many more Sophia classes I have to take.
Have you checked with YourPace admissions about your transcripts? If it's been a few weeks, I would check with Shea in the YourPace admissions department. It does take a few weeks for UMPI to process transcripts. They are a very small school.
(11-10-2022, 04:19 PM)ss20ts Wrote: Have you checked with YourPace admissions about your transcripts? If it's been a few weeks, I would check with Shea in the YourPace admissions department. It does take a few weeks for UMPI to process transcripts. They are a very small school.

I was informed several times that it may just take a bit, I have the receipt from Parchment saying it was addressed to UMPI. I understand the wait haha. It's just a tad annoying because I want to know what classes to take now to maximize my credits before entering. I'm currently taking the courses I know for sure I don't have. I've made educated guesses about my classes and if I'm right I should have about 70-75 credits to UMPI. I hope the 13-18 classes I need are doable in 3-5 terms. Smile I wish to pursue a Masters hopefully at the end of the year/early next year (this one I can take my time on at a B&M college)

(11-10-2022, 03:46 PM)ss20ts Wrote: Do you mean you want to get through 3 classes per session? There's 2 sessions per semester.

Also so sorry to bother you, but could you explain the 3 day/1 week thing? I saw a lot of posts like this, but have a hard time figuring it out. Is it 3 days assuming you're spending the whole of 3 days time (most of waking hours) doing the classes, or 3 days assuming you're spending a normal classrooms time (2-3 hours?). I realize this answer depends heavily on the person, but I wanted to know your metric.
There are some classes that have just a few hours of reading so you can complete the course content and Final Assessment in like 3 days. I completed American Government in 3 days including reading the course content, writing my paper, the professor's response to my rough draft, and the final submission in just 3 days. For me English Comp 2 was the same way. A few of the business classes were the same for me as well.
@Hannahriri, I would recommend pacing yourself as you have commitments such as work and volunteering.  Sometimes rushing things will cause issues in the long run, in the end, you may not even save time if you rush.  Anyways, my suggestion right now is to get all your transfer credits completed and your application started.  You should review my last post to you a couple of days ago here. Link: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid381550
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sophia Scores and Transferring to UMPI colonelcamp 7 176 4 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Inquiry Regarding Equivalent Classes for Remaining UMPI Requirements hicham78h 5 234 Yesterday, 12:53 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Math GECs Sophia/UMPI colonelcamp 3 167 Yesterday, 10:07 AM
  Should I contact UMPI now or wait until I finish my GEC with Sophia then contact them JusW 3 144 04-22-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: JusW
  UMPI YourPace BLS w/ Management Minor Reference Plan valentvne 6 282 04-21-2024, 10:23 PM
Last Post: colonelcamp
  minimum age for UMPI students YourPace EducationSeeker 6 278 04-20-2024, 05:19 PM
Last Post: EducationSeeker
  Framed UMPI Diploma joshua27 31 6,546 04-19-2024, 03:01 PM
Last Post: colonelcamp
  New considering UMPI but…. manyoptions4me 55 5,457 04-16-2024, 01:26 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  UMPI BLS MISM VS Pierport then UMPI BAS k681 11 492 04-16-2024, 09:15 AM
Last Post: Hotdogman1
  Are TEEX courses eligible for credits at UMPI? soulking 7 356 04-16-2024, 12:44 AM