Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UMPI BLS MIS update
Hello Everyone,
I wanted to post about my progress toward the UMPI BLS MIS degree and also ask for your comments/suggestions.
Attached you can see the courses that I have completed from different providers and the ones that I’m planning to take from UMPI.
Do you think I could take something more from different providers to reduce the number of courses from UMPI ?
My plan will be to apply for the next session in October but I could also wait for the first session on the next year. What do you think will be better ?
Again, any comment from your side will be really welcome.
Regards
Claudio

Attached Files
.pdf   BLS MIS UMPI CS.pdf (Size: 472.98 KB / Downloads: 93)
[-] The following 1 user Likes csangaletti's post:
  • ed0gx
You're only taking 12 courses at UMPI, which is pretty good. You could also take Google's Data Analytics certificate to avoid BUS245. IBM's Data Analyist Professional certificate should be BUS440, but it's probably more work than the UMPI course. It'd also be cutting into the UL credits and you might wind up needing to take an additional UL course at UMPI anyway. https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Coursera
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • Pikachu
BUS359 is no longer being offered in YourPace unless something has changed since the Spring semester. You needed to currently be employed in IT to take the class.

Have you already completed American Government on InstantCert? If not, you'll have to take it at UMPI because it's no longer available on InstantCert.

You don't have enough UL courses outside of the minor. The BLS requires 24 UL credits besides the minor courses. The majority of these credits must be completed at UMPI.

What is Psicology? Do you mean Psychology?

The certificate programs rachel mentioned above are waaaaay more work than an UMPI course.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • origamishuttle
@csangaletti, your plan looks good, if you still have a Study.com subscription active, you may want to drop one more course, it really depends how you want to do things: Study.com Humanities 201: Critical Thinking & Analysis should transfer in as Humanities 103: Creative Decision Making
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(09-23-2022, 06:13 AM)rachel83az Wrote: You're only taking 12 courses at UMPI, which is pretty good. You could also take Google's Data Analytics certificate to avoid BUS245. IBM's Data Analyist Professional certificate should be BUS440, but it's probably more work than the UMPI course. It'd also be cutting into the UL credits and you might wind up needing to take an additional UL course at UMPI anyway. https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Coursera
Hi Rachel,
Thanks for your comments. I was also looking into the Google’s Data Analytics, but I believe it will take quite some time to fulfill finally only one UMPI course.

(09-23-2022, 08:45 AM)ss20ts Wrote: BUS359 is no longer being offered in YourPace unless something has changed since the Spring semester. You needed to currently be employed in IT to take the class.

Have you already completed American Government on InstantCert? If not, you'll have to take it at UMPI because it's no longer available on InstantCert.

You don't have enough UL courses outside of the minor. The BLS requires 24 UL credits besides the minor courses. The majority of these credits must be completed at UMPI.

The certificate programs rachel mentioned above are waaaaay more work than an UMPI course.
I was looking into the available courses in yourpace degrees to select the UL from UMPI. Anyway I believe I can discuss this with UMPI advisor after the enrolment.
All the courses outside UMPI are completed now and I have finished AG from InstantCert just in time before the stopping.
I have 24 UL outside the minor, 9 are from SDC and 15 from UMPI so I believe this requirement is covered.
I will correct the typo on psychology.
Thanks for your comments.

(09-23-2022, 10:50 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: @csangaletti, your plan looks good, if you still have a Study.com subscription active, you may want to drop one more course, it really depends how you want to do things: Study.com Humanities 201: Critical Thinking & Analysis should transfer in as Humanities 103: Creative Decision Making
Hi,
Thanks for your comments. I was reading that hum 103 is an easy one in UMPI, so I thought it will be better to take it there since on SDC there are 3 assignments for the hum 201. What do you think about taking the English composition courses from Sophia and delay my enrolment to 2023 ?
Ciao
Claudio
Do NOT take English Comp at Sophia instead of UMPI. Each one has multiple assignments. UMPI's English Comp courses each have one assignment.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • ss20ts
(09-23-2022, 05:35 PM)csangaletti Wrote:
(09-23-2022, 06:13 AM)rachel83az Wrote: You're only taking 12 courses at UMPI, which is pretty good. You could also take Google's Data Analytics certificate to avoid BUS245. IBM's Data Analyist Professional certificate should be BUS440, but it's probably more work than the UMPI course. It'd also be cutting into the UL credits and you might wind up needing to take an additional UL course at UMPI anyway. https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Coursera
Hi Rachel,
Thanks for your comments. I was also looking into the Google’s Data Analytics, but I believe it will take quite some time to fulfill finally only one UMPI course.

(09-23-2022, 08:45 AM)ss20ts Wrote: BUS359 is no longer being offered in YourPace unless something has changed since the Spring semester. You needed to currently be employed in IT to take the class.

I was looking into the available courses in yourpace degrees to select the UL from UMPI. Anyway I believe I can discuss this with UMPI advisor after the enrolment.
All the courses outside UMPI are completed now and I have finished AG from InstantCert just in time before the stopping.
I have 24 UL outside the minor, 9 are from SDC and 15 from UMPI so I believe this requirement is covered.
I will correct the typo on psychology.
Thanks for your comments.

(09-23-2022, 10:50 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: @csangaletti, your plan looks good, if you still have a Study.com subscription active, you may want to drop one more course, it really depends how you want to do things: Study.com Humanities 201: Critical Thinking & Analysis should transfer in as Humanities 103: Creative Decision Making
Hi,
Thanks for your comments. I was reading that hum 103 is an easy one in UMPI, so I thought it will be better to take it there since on SDC there are 3 assignments for the hum 201. What do you think about taking the English composition courses from Sophia and delay my enrolment to 2023 ?
Ciao
Claudio
Hi,
Ciao
Claudio
(09-24-2022, 02:22 AM)csangaletti Wrote:
Hi,
Ciao
Claudio

It's your choice, it really depends what you want and how you study. My suggestion is to get you closest to the 10 courses at UMPI. I think it'll be easier doing the English I & II at UMPI vs doing the Humanities 103 course. I haven't taken courses at UMPI... but that's what the previous post #6 and #7 is recommending too...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
So weird. My comment didn't post. Just the previous threads posted. OK then.

My response was that without BUS359 you'd be short in the 24ULs.

HUM103 is a piece of cake at UMPI. It's a short paper. Most everyone finishes it in a few days. I wouldn't spend the money on that course at Study. I'd take an UL course instead.

Definitely do your Eng Comp at UMPI. 1 paper per class and you're done.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New considering UMPI but…. manyoptions4me 55 5,309 04-16-2024, 01:26 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  UMPI BLS MISM VS Pierport then UMPI BAS k681 11 418 04-16-2024, 09:15 AM
Last Post: Hotdogman1
  Are TEEX courses eligible for credits at UMPI? soulking 7 294 04-16-2024, 12:44 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UMPI Minor Question WayToGoGrad 6 279 04-09-2024, 09:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Sophia to UMPI Transcript wowzers 9 395 04-06-2024, 01:19 PM
  UMPI Class Review Master Thread RbxFunRocks 96 62,360 04-01-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: ivanswk78
  choosing between UMPI BBA in management&leadership vs project management whereismyramen 6 320 03-26-2024, 04:13 PM
  What is considered FT at UMPI YourPace for the Pell Grant? RachelB 3 304 03-26-2024, 05:50 AM
  Help with UMPI admissions requirement Throwmeaway1590 2 341 03-25-2024, 08:24 PM
  Sophia's Human biology and lab did not meet UMPi's BIO 105 HappyPeanut 9 1,018 03-22-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: lifted567