Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UMPI BLS MIS update
(09-23-2022, 08:45 AM)ss20ts Wrote: BUS359 is no longer being offered in YourPace unless something has changed since the Spring semester. You needed to currently be employed in IT to take the class.

Have you already completed American Government on InstantCert? If not, you'll have to take it at UMPI because it's no longer available on InstantCert.

You don't have enough UL courses outside of the minor. The BLS requires 24 UL credits besides the minor courses. The majority of these credits must be completed at UMPI.

What is Psicology? Do you mean Psychology?

The certificate programs rachel mentioned above are waaaaay more work than an UMPI course.

Agree that the certifications are a lot more work than a UMPI course; however, they are more functional in their value. So, keep that in mind if you are interested in Data analytics, IT,  Supply Chain, Project management, and CS positions. On the other hand, if you aren't interested in those spaces, it is hard to justify putting in all that drudgery.
Virginia University of Lynchburg Doctorate of Healthcare Administration 2024
Universidad Isabel I / ENEB MBA & Master in Big Data and Business Intelligence, summa cum laude
University of Presque Isle BABA Management and Leadership, magna cum lauda
RANSOMSOUL
[-] The following 1 user Likes KSoul's post:
  • Pikachu
Hi,
I have a small update for my plan and a couple of questions. I decided to take the Python course in SDC since I still had one exam available and this was an easy one. Also I decided to get the Coursera Google data analyst certificate because I’m quite interested in the topic and after reviewing it during the seven days free trial it was not so challenging. So I finally have my plan completed with  33 credits remaining with UMPI. I intend to enrolling on the spring 1 term.
Now my questions are:
- is it true that I will not need to present an English certificate since I have more then 90 credits to present ?
- could you please review my actual situation attached to see if something is missing ?
Thanks in advance
Claudio

Attached Files
.pdf   Umpi BLS MIS Claudio.pdf (Size: 119.93 KB / Downloads: 20)
How is the American Government Insta Cert? I did the Study class and it was really lengthy.
Currently:
UCA (University of Central Arkansas) Ph.D. Change Leadership for Equity and Inclusion 

Completed:
WGU MSML
TAMUC BAAS Org Leadership
PMP, CSM, CSPO, Google Project Management Certificate
Sophia 19 Classes | Study.com 12 Classes
(11-13-2022, 08:09 AM)mohelena02 Wrote: How is the American Government Insta Cert? I did the Study class and it was really lengthy.
Hi,
It was quite ok actually. Maybe a little lengthy also but totally doable. Unfortunately is not anymore approved by ACE.
Claudio
@csangaletti, at a quick glance, the plan looks good. I see you've got the ACTFL, Bio w/lab, minor courses and the upper level ones at UMPI listed as well, and you've hit all the major requirements of the degree.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Math GECs Sophia/UMPI colonelcamp 3 138 30 minutes ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Sophia Scores and Transferring to UMPI colonelcamp 5 104 10 hours ago
Last Post: colonelcamp
  Inquiry Regarding Equivalent Classes for Remaining UMPI Requirements hicham78h 4 193 Yesterday, 01:00 PM
  Should I contact UMPI now or wait until I finish my GEC with Sophia then contact them JusW 3 123 04-22-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: JusW
  UMPI YourPace BLS w/ Management Minor Reference Plan valentvne 6 257 04-21-2024, 10:23 PM
  minimum age for UMPI students YourPace EducationSeeker 6 263 04-20-2024, 05:19 PM
Last Post: EducationSeeker
  Framed UMPI Diploma joshua27 31 6,509 04-19-2024, 03:01 PM
  New considering UMPI but…. manyoptions4me 55 5,436 04-16-2024, 01:26 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  UMPI BLS MISM VS Pierport then UMPI BAS k681 11 470 04-16-2024, 09:15 AM
Last Post: Hotdogman1
  Are TEEX courses eligible for credits at UMPI? soulking 7 348 04-16-2024, 12:44 AM