Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UMPI Degree with 2018 ACE Credits
I’m sorry, I wasn’t clear.

I absolutely think get A bachelor’s degree at this time is worth the time and money. I think Rachel was right earlier, get the UMPI degree OR the TESU degree. They are both business degrees from reasonably similar schools.

My point about the money and value of degree: is the “extra” degree from TESU worth $3,000+ dollars? I can think of a lot of things, academic and non-academic, that I would rather do with that money than get a second bachelor’s degree in very similar fields. Also, and again I am not the expert on this, but if you do a TESU degree you would have a bachelor’s degree, I think that would make your studies at UMPI no longer eligible for Pell grant and a lot of other financial aid. As I understand it, second bachelor’s degrees typically are not covered by student aid. So, if it takes you 2 terms at UMPI, that “free” and “extra” degree could end up costing you $6,000 or $7,000!
Master of Accountancy (taxation concentration), University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, in progress. 
Master of Business Administration (financial planning specialization), University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, in progress.

BA, UMPI.  Accounting major; Business Administration major/Management & Leadership concentration.  Awarded Dec. 2021.

In-person/B&M: BA (history, archaeology)
In-person/B&M: MA (American history)

Sophia: 15 courses (42hrs)
(10-27-2021, 07:06 PM)varJosh Wrote: Would having 2 degrees in separate business-related fields widen my options and make my resume more marketable?

Not really. If you want to have 2 business-related fields covered, you should consider adding second major or concentration (or whatever name your target school uses to describe additional specialization). You can easily mix accounting and management into one degree at either TESU or UMPI.
MSML, WGU 2022
BAS, UMPI, 2021
AAS, Pierpont C&TC, 2021

ACE (119): Sophia, 93; TEEX, 5; SDC, 12; ACTFL, 6
RA (50): ASU, 8; ONU, 3; UMPI, 39
NA (16) : UoPeople, 16
Other: ENEB/Isabel I, MBA (2021)
Also dropped a gazillion of classes!!

Family members work on degrees at Ashworth, TESU, Purdue, UMPI, NationsU
[-] The following 1 user Likes NoStudentNoCry's post:
  • varJosh
You can mix at UMPI, too. They're just a little weird about it and it's confusing for those of us who aren't UMPI students. It would probably cost about the same as TESU (or even cheaper if you have Pell Grants) and possibly take about the same time to complete. But you'd also have more graded credits. This could be important if you should decide to go to graduate school later. It might not be. Depends on the grad school.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • varJosh
(10-28-2021, 04:32 AM)rachel83az Wrote: But you'd also have more graded credits.

It also might be critical if OP is interested in getting CPA license. At least some states will not accept accounting credits from non-collegiate provider.
MSML, WGU 2022
BAS, UMPI, 2021
AAS, Pierpont C&TC, 2021

ACE (119): Sophia, 93; TEEX, 5; SDC, 12; ACTFL, 6
RA (50): ASU, 8; ONU, 3; UMPI, 39
NA (16) : UoPeople, 16
Other: ENEB/Isabel I, MBA (2021)
Also dropped a gazillion of classes!!

Family members work on degrees at Ashworth, TESU, Purdue, UMPI, NationsU
[-] The following 1 user Likes NoStudentNoCry's post:
  • rachel83az
(10-28-2021, 04:32 AM)rachel83az Wrote: You can mix at UMPI, too. They're just a little weird about it and it's confusing for those of us who aren't UMPI students. It would probably cost about the same as TESU (or even cheaper if you have Pell Grants) and possibly take about the same time to complete. But you'd also have more graded credits. This could be important if you should decide to go to graduate school later. It might not be. Depends on the grad school.

Graded credits are also important for some states for teaching.  I'm looking into it for my state, and I need 30 graded credits in the field.  Luckily I have that in business, but not for anything else I might want to do.  So if I wanted to teach history, I'd certainly consider a history degree from UMPI to get those graded credits.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  minimum age for UMPI students YourPace EducationSeeker 0 17 1 hour ago
Last Post: EducationSeeker
  Math GECs Sophia/UMPI colonelcamp 2 67 6 hours ago
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Undergraduate Degree Liberal Studies w/ a Minor in Psychology molov 1 42 6 hours ago
Last Post: jg_nuy
  UMPI YourPace BLS w/ Management Minor Reference Plan valentvne 0 35 7 hours ago
Last Post: valentvne
  Framed UMPI Diploma joshua27 31 6,194 9 hours ago
Last Post: colonelcamp
  BLS Degree Options Question dm.hans32 3 196 04-17-2024, 10:17 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  New considering UMPI but…. manyoptions4me 55 5,367 04-16-2024, 01:26 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  UMPI BLS MISM VS Pierport then UMPI BAS k681 11 434 04-16-2024, 09:15 AM
Last Post: Hotdogman1
  Are TEEX courses eligible for credits at UMPI? soulking 7 319 04-16-2024, 12:44 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  BLS Management Minor Degree Plan mohelena02 4 402 04-12-2024, 10:19 AM
Last Post: mohelena02