Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UMPI Diploma WordArt
Does anybody on this forum have a relationship with the staff at the University to inquire about spiffing up the diploma a bit? I'm scared if I hang it in my office upon receipt, everyone will think I made it in Word.
[-] The following 1 user Likes joshua27's post:
  • upgrayedd
Well, one thing is that it'll give you some 'reason' to talk about the diploma! Haha, that's the positive spin on it, you can tell them all about the diploma as 'small talk' and break the ice or whatever...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • KSoul
(05-26-2023, 09:26 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Well, one thing is that it'll give you some 'reason' to talk about the diploma! Haha, that's the positive spin on it, you can tell them all about the diploma as 'small talk' and break the ice or whatever...

The idea of hanging the diploma would raise my judgment on the diploma; I could not imagine it being the star it was designed to be on the wall. However, knock out a master, and the duo will balance themself out.
Virginia University of Lynchburg Doctorate of Healthcare Administration 2024
Universidad Isabel I / ENEB MBA & Master in Big Data and Business Intelligence, summa cum laude
University of Presque Isle BABA Management and Leadership, magna cum lauda
RANSOMSOUL
[-] The following 1 user Likes KSoul's post:
  • DistantShirt
(05-26-2023, 11:27 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: @DistantShirt, It's fine being a bit nit-picky, I'm like that at times... I wouldn't worry about it, the main thing is you've got it done! Congrats!

Totally agree, thank you!

(05-26-2023, 01:23 PM)tsgreer Wrote:
(05-25-2023, 11:32 PM)DistantShirt Wrote: Love the YourPace program and what it offers, but I have to be a nitpicking bastard and say that the WordArt effect used for the university name on the diploma is incredibly cheap looking. Not only that, but it ships in a thin envelope with little to no protection. I know the look basically doesn’t matter, but it feels quite goofy to see blue, shadowed WordArt on an official diploma. Is this new with the Parchment service?

I 100 percent agree with you. I've been a graphic artist for most of my professional life. And I was very disappointed when I saw the font and layout on the actual degree. I have no idea why they didn't just go for the standard "Old English"-type font that almost every university has. 

So when I celebrate getting my degree from UMPI, I'll be just zooming in and cropping out that part. It looks so amateur!

I'm coming from a similar place here so it really stuck out on first viewing.

(05-26-2023, 05:43 PM)joshua27 Wrote: Does anybody on this forum have a relationship with the staff at the University to inquire about spiffing up the diploma a bit?  I'm scared if I hang it in my office upon receipt, everyone will think I made it in Word.

I was wondering the same thing. At least for future graduates, they could easily switch up the font and make it nicer to display. A couple different clicks in Word and voila Big Grin
Good grief, I don't think it looks bad at all! Honestly if you look at Ashkir's before the Parchment transition, its literally the same font minus the shadow. You all got a regionally accredited college degree for under $5K, that's awesome! At the end of the day it's friggin font, get over it  Big Grin
UMPI: Bachelor of Arts in History and Political Science 
They changed it sometime around COVID. It used to be an old English font. Here's an old example from UMPI's website. Around COVID they started using someone to print them and simplified it so it doesn't require as much staff. 

[Image: 6iGEvQ.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes ashkir's post:
  • Jocon
Mine from 2021 doesn't look like ashkir's example above. I think that's kind of ugly and hard to read.
(05-25-2023, 11:32 PM)DistantShirt Wrote: Love the YourPace program and what it offers, but I have to be a nitpicking bastard and say that the WordArt effect used for the university name on the diploma is incredibly cheap looking. Not only that, but it ships in a thin envelope with little to no protection. I know the look basically doesn’t matter, but it feels quite goofy to see blue, shadowed WordArt on an official diploma. Is this new with the Parchment service?
This might be less painful than the knowledge they call UMPI "umpee".

BA: Psychology - UMPI (in progress)
CLEP: English Comp (69), French I/II (70), Intro to Psych (68) World History I (67), Info Sys (69), World History II (59), Biology (TBD), Soc (TBD)
Transfer: Ethics, 2X PHIL, 3X POLI SCI, 2X HIS, 1X ART HIS, SPANISH I, PSYCH ELE, 3X ADV FRENCH
Future Goal: MA in Psych
(05-26-2023, 05:43 PM)joshua27 Wrote: Does anybody on this forum have a relationship with the staff at the University to inquire about spiffing up the diploma a bit?  I'm scared if I hang it in my office upon receipt, everyone will think I made it in Word.

LOL
UMPI - University of Microsoft and Photoshop Implementation
[-] The following 2 users Like xianbd's post:
  • Dlynn1219, Jocon
I’m the plant manager for a company that does diplomas for schools all across the nation. If you’ve got a WGU diploma in the past 8 years there’s a good chance that I personally foiled it.

Sounds like I need to get UMPI on the line before I graduate.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mcroberson's post:
  • tsgreer

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New considering UMPI but…. manyoptions4me 48 4,423 4 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  choosing between UMPI BBA in management&leadership vs project management whereismyramen 6 168 03-26-2024, 04:13 PM
  What is considered FT at UMPI YourPace for the Pell Grant? RachelB 3 161 03-26-2024, 05:50 AM
  Help with UMPI admissions requirement Throwmeaway1590 2 216 03-25-2024, 08:24 PM
  Sophia's Human biology and lab did not meet UMPi's BIO 105 HappyPeanut 9 848 03-22-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: lifted567
  UMPI BLS Minor Business theea 5 264 03-20-2024, 02:41 PM
  UMPI Class Review Master Thread RbxFunRocks 95 56,431 03-20-2024, 03:37 AM
Last Post: theea
  HELP! SDC to UMPI transfer jrock87 3 198 03-16-2024, 12:14 AM
Last Post: jrock87
  UL Courses Outside of UMPI - Fast CCCollege 7 936 03-11-2024, 10:46 AM
  AI in UMPI him22 16 1,254 03-09-2024, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Ares