Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UMPI ELECTIVES RECCOMENDATIONS
(05-30-2023, 07:29 PM)RbxFunRocks Wrote:
(05-24-2023, 02:09 AM)Alim83 Wrote:
(05-23-2023, 03:20 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(05-23-2023, 02:56 PM)Alim83 Wrote: I find Social Science classes to be most interesting, therefore they tend to be easier / more enjoyable..
I completed my business requirements for a minor in management.

Ask your advisor which social science courses are available and are able to be used towards your degree.

I'm gonna go for another minor in political science .

has anyone done these courses? I'd like to know requirements in terms of milestone and final  ( word count )

HTY 313: Early Modern Europe

HTY 318: Modern European History

I took Medieval and Modern Europe. Both were pretty long classes in terms of content. Haven't taken Early Modern Europe, but I assume it's the same deal.

Here's info about Modern Europe:

I was able to complete the class in a week (alongside Modern China). There are 4 milestone activities, each 500 words long. I was able to do the milestone activities in the span of 2 free days. The lessons are extremely information-heavy. However, the milestone activities only require you to write about either 1/2 or 1/3 of each unit. You can get the activities done if you read the assignment ahead of time + plan out which parts of the lessons you'll focus the most on.

The final assignment is a 2000 word PowerPoint. I had permission to submit this as an essay. You'll have a ton of possible topics you can write about such as the Belgian Congo, Italian Unification, etc. However, you'll have to research the topic on your own (these are topic barely covered in the lessons themselves). I spent about 10 hours on my essay (since it was passed the draft deadline and wanted to be careful).
Appreciate the background info on the course, exactly what I was looking for. I may stick to the other POS courses for now, they seem to be shorted in general from what I gather.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Alim83's post:
  • RbxFunRocks
Almost done with a minor in Poli Sci... I will have one other elective... Writing has become exhausting, anyone has a recommendation for exam-based courses, needs to be @ the 300/400 level.
BUS 321 and BUS 330 are exam based with no milestones. They contain a lot of content, but the exams are well aligned with the quiz content. If you understand what is on the quizzes, and especially the quiz answer explanations you should be able to do well.

Go through the questions multiple times - skipping them rather than answering them. This will allow you see more questions and also the answer explanations. Most people here suggest copying the questions into a text document to then study from. Take the exam when you are very confident.

I haven taken 5 exam based courses and this method has worked well for me. the explanations are important though. Many questions are simple rewordings, but many are a little trickier than that - but generally not outside the scope of what is covered in the explanations.
[-] The following 3 users Like LakeMomNY's post:
  • Alim83, origamishuttle, Pikachu
(06-04-2023, 08:11 AM)LakeMomNY Wrote: BUS 321 and BUS 330 are exam based with no milestones.  They contain a lot of content, but the exams are well aligned with the quiz content.  If you understand what is on the quizzes, and especially the quiz answer explanations you should be able to do well.

Go through the questions multiple times - skipping them rather than answering them.  This will allow you see more questions and also the answer explanations. Most people here suggest copying the questions into a text document to then study from. Take the exam when you are very confident.

I haven taken 5 exam based courses and this method has worked well for me.  the explanations are important though. Many questions are simple rewordings, but many are a little trickier than that - but generally not outside the scope of what is covered in the explanations.

That's great, I'll  do one of those courses and follow the methodology. Really appreciate the feedback

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Inquiry Regarding Equivalent Classes for Remaining UMPI Requirements hicham78h 5 206 2 hours ago
Last Post: ss20ts
  Math GECs Sophia/UMPI colonelcamp 3 150 5 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Sophia Scores and Transferring to UMPI colonelcamp 5 120 Today, 12:35 AM
Last Post: colonelcamp
  Should I contact UMPI now or wait until I finish my GEC with Sophia then contact them JusW 3 132 04-22-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: JusW
  UMPI YourPace BLS w/ Management Minor Reference Plan valentvne 6 265 04-21-2024, 10:23 PM
  minimum age for UMPI students YourPace EducationSeeker 6 265 04-20-2024, 05:19 PM
Last Post: EducationSeeker
  Framed UMPI Diploma joshua27 31 6,517 04-19-2024, 03:01 PM
  New considering UMPI but…. manyoptions4me 55 5,445 04-16-2024, 01:26 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  UMPI BLS MISM VS Pierport then UMPI BAS k681 11 475 04-16-2024, 09:15 AM
Last Post: Hotdogman1
  Are TEEX courses eligible for credits at UMPI? soulking 7 349 04-16-2024, 12:44 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77