Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UMPI Evaluation
I am trying to decide which option to go with - TESU or UMPI

Here is my evaluation for UMPI. Since this was completed I did finish American Government from InstaCert.

I am not set on the minor in Management. 

Thoughts?

Attached Files
.pdf   UMPI Evaluation.pdf (Size: 138.67 KB / Downloads: 136)
MTAW Certified Municipal Treasurer - Wisconsin 
IAAP Certified Administrative Professional
Administrative Professional Associate Degree - Madison College

Next up: Bachelor's Degree 

You have more classes you can complete on Sophia and transfer them to UMPI. Most people complete their BLS in 1-2 sessions at UMPI. Don't know what program you're comparing it to at TESU. You could complete your degree faster at UMPI and for less money if that is a concern.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • FastTrackDegree
(05-17-2022, 03:48 PM)ss20ts Wrote: You have more classes you can complete on Sophia and transfer them to UMPI. Most people complete their BLS in 1-2 sessions at UMPI. Don't know what program you're comparing it to at TESU. You could complete your degree faster at UMPI and for less money if that is a concern.

Which Sophia classes would I be able to add in to the evaluation?

I would like to complete it as fast as possible - money is not as big of a concern.

Doing a little search-fu I came up that the OP is considering the BA in Liberal arts at TESU and you had more than enough RA credits already.

In this thread, the OP stated that money is not a concern.

In terms of time, the quickest you can graduate from TESU is mid-December of 2022.
https://www.tesu.edu/current-students/gr...nformation

For UMPI, maybe you could start 08/29/22 and graduate around November 1st if you could do UMPI in one session.  Otherwise, your graduation would be towards the end of December 2022. 
https://online.umpi.edu/programs/bls-man...x#calendar
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
Early July start date may still be possible.
(05-17-2022, 05:06 PM)origamishuttle Wrote: Early July start date may still be possible.

If OP has 7 courses to do yet, it may be close.

I need more info before I can make a firm prediction and put my hat on the line Smile
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(05-17-2022, 05:21 PM)LevelUP Wrote:
(05-17-2022, 05:06 PM)origamishuttle Wrote: Early July start date may still be possible.

I need more info before I can make a firm prediction and put my hat on the line Smile
From the evaluation UMPI said I have 19 courses to go which is why I hesitate to go with UMPI.

(05-17-2022, 09:33 PM)BSBRose21 Wrote:
(05-17-2022, 05:21 PM)LevelUP Wrote:

From the evaluation UMPI said I have 19 courses to go which is why I hesitate to go with UMPI.

What you could do is do 5 courses, then take the remaining 14 at UMPI over 2 sessions. This way you could make the early July start date.

You would need something like:
American Govt
Biology w/lab
Spanish
Environmental Science
History

How good is your Spanish? Have you studied it before?

I suggest doing America Govt at InstantCert since you need that course for either UMPI or TESU. By the time you finish American Govt, you can decide which school you want to attend.
Business Law on Sophia also wasn't bad for me. I drew out the touchstone longer than it needed to be but if I focused on it like I should have it would have been done in 1-2 days. It took them 3 days to grade.
Pierpont Community and Technical College - BOG A.A.S. Spring 2022 
University of Maine at Presque Isle - BLS with a Concentration in Management (In Progress)
Course Breakdown: Local Technical College: 21 Credits, Sophia Learning: 73 CreditsStudy.com: In Progress, UMPI: In Progress
I want to say thank you to EVERYONE for their assistance. You all are awesome!
@BSBRose21, Learner Over-Look, you're just showing us one side of the picture... where's your newest evaluation from TESU so we can compare what courses are required for both. For example, if you need the same 5-10 courses at both institutions, finish those first from InstantCertCredit, Sophia.org, or whatever provider that has it... then compare the remaining 10 courses at UMPI vs the last 16 credits at TESU (assuming you are looking at taking courses vs paying the residency waiver fee).
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New considering UMPI but…. manyoptions4me 55 5,238 5 hours ago
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  UMPI BLS MISM VS Pierport then UMPI BAS k681 11 394 9 hours ago
Last Post: Hotdogman1
  Are TEEX courses eligible for credits at UMPI? soulking 7 275 Today, 12:44 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UMPI Minor Question WayToGoGrad 6 267 04-09-2024, 09:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Sophia to UMPI Transcript wowzers 9 378 04-06-2024, 01:19 PM
  UMPI Class Review Master Thread RbxFunRocks 96 62,012 04-01-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: ivanswk78
  choosing between UMPI BBA in management&leadership vs project management whereismyramen 6 316 03-26-2024, 04:13 PM
  What is considered FT at UMPI YourPace for the Pell Grant? RachelB 3 298 03-26-2024, 05:50 AM
  Help with UMPI admissions requirement Throwmeaway1590 2 337 03-25-2024, 08:24 PM
  Sophia's Human biology and lab did not meet UMPi's BIO 105 HappyPeanut 9 1,013 03-22-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: lifted567