Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
UMPI OPEN to International Students!
(12-13-2020, 11:24 PM)msganti Wrote: I am mostly referring to cofffeee. 
You may understand an "International student" as one who is not currently physically present in the USA, but the folks at the admissions office may think of it differently. 
FYI CSU global campus does admit foreign students who are not residents of USA:
https://csuglobal.edu/about/our-universi...orizations
Another example of the word "Global" I mentioned is the University of Arizona Global Campus (formerly Ashford University) which does admit :
https://www.uagc.edu/admissions/internat...quirements

I think there was some miscommunication about CSU Global. Yes, they are open to students abroad, but they are not open to all countries.
(12-04-2020, 07:22 PM)ss20ts Wrote: Today I spoke with the YourPace admissions counselor from UMPI which I attend. UMPI DOES accept international students! The application is free. Your transcripts need to be submitted through WES. YourPace is their competency based online program.

Is proof of English proficiency required? My IELTS score is about to expire and I still waiting to hear back from UMPI on this.

Aiming for TESU BSBA-GM, ASNSM in Biology, ASNSM in Computer Science
(12-23-2020, 09:13 AM)elenlushk Wrote:
(12-04-2020, 07:22 PM)ss20ts Wrote: Today I spoke with the YourPace admissions counselor from UMPI which I attend. UMPI DOES accept international students! The application is free. Your transcripts need to be submitted through WES. YourPace is their competency based online program.

Is proof of English proficiency required? My IELTS score is about to expire and I still waiting to hear back from UMPI on this.

This is from their website:

International Students – 5 simple steps:

1. Complete the Common App.

2. Provide high school and college transcripts to (World Educational Services-WES) for evaluation.

3. Complete an essay.

4. Provide a letter of recommendation from a teacher or school counselor.

5. Take TOEFL exam in home country.  A minimum score of 197 computer-based/530 paper-based, and 71 internet-based is required in order to be considered for admission.  Students may be admitted with a TOEFL lower than 530 if acceptable proficiency in English can be demonstrated. UMPI also accepts IELTS with a score of 6.0.  Students who come from English-speaking countries can have this requirement waived.

https://www.umpi.edu/admissions/how-to-a...ernational

You'll have to contact the YourPace admissions about these requirements. 
YourPace seems to be separate from the regular UMPI process. I think those international instructions are mainly/only for students who intend to study on-campus. However, I would guess that they do still want the English proficiency exam.

Since they're so accomodating, I wonder if they'd be willing to accept the DuoLingo English test. It's apparently accepted by some universities: https://englishtest.duolingo.com/
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(12-23-2020, 11:13 AM)rachel83az Wrote: YourPace seems to be separate from the regular UMPI process. I think those international instructions are mainly/only for students who intend to study on-campus. However, I would guess that they do still want the English proficiency exam.

Since they're so accomodating, I wonder if they'd be willing to accept the DuoLingo English test. It's apparently accepted by some universities: https://englishtest.duolingo.com/

The application process is the same for YourPace students and on campus students at UMPI. They will still want the English proficiency exam and list which ones are accepted. I stated in the original post that the transcripts had to go through WES.
(12-23-2020, 12:23 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(12-23-2020, 11:13 AM)rachel83az Wrote: YourPace seems to be separate from the regular UMPI process. I think those international instructions are mainly/only for students who intend to study on-campus. However, I would guess that they do still want the English proficiency exam.

The application process is the same for YourPace students and on campus students at UMPI. They will still want the English proficiency exam and list which ones are accepted. I stated in the original post that the transcripts had to go through WES.

I messaged them and am waiting to hear back. I wonder if the letter of recommendation is required for YourPace students. I'm hoping that's not the case as I am in the position to ask anyone for a letter of recommendation at this time.

Aiming for TESU BSBA-GM, ASNSM in Biology, ASNSM in Computer Science

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Lightbulb ASU to Launch a Free Global Initiative and enroll 100 million students MNomadic 203 29,916 03-11-2024, 10:55 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Just 16% of community college students transfer and earn a bachelor’s degree Ares 6 496 02-14-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: davewill
  MBA students receive free Apple Vision Pro Imbanewbie 0 293 02-07-2024, 10:10 AM
Last Post: Imbanewbie
  Metropolia Open UAS Failed Enrollment? MissRN 9 934 02-05-2024, 05:04 PM
Last Post: Tomas
  Santander Becas changes to Open Santander Avidreader 0 284 11-22-2023, 05:16 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  What's your opinion on The Open University UK? nomaduser 12 1,510 11-08-2023, 05:47 AM
Last Post: alfiooo
  UMPI YourPace Computer Science ashkir 99 19,342 09-07-2023, 12:06 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Open or closed? rachel83az 4 463 07-28-2023, 02:22 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  International University of Applied Sciences (IU) acquires University of Fredericton. bjcheung77 0 559 07-01-2023, 01:39 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  International Transcript Evaluation bradonomics 14 1,288 06-27-2023, 11:36 AM
Last Post: rachel83az