Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UMPI Requirements for Applying?
Hello, I was considering a Management & Leadership degree from UMPI but I'm unsure if I meet the Yourpace requirements. I am 20 years old and have been out of high school for 2 years. I have accumulated college credits through CLEP, Sophia, and Study.com. Can I do UMPI yet?

Also, is it possible to get an evaluation for transferring credits to UMPI without applying?

Thanks.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ima_get_a_degree's post:
  • Novo
Since you've been out of HS for 2 years, you should be able to do UMPI. They won't do an evaluation unless you apply, but if you post what you've done here then we can help with determining what will go where.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • ima_get_a_degree
You have nothing to lose, apply and send your credits for an evaluation. You can also list them out here and we can help you get an idea of what a possible path can be.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ashkir's post:
  • ima_get_a_degree
(04-24-2021, 04:45 PM)rachel83az Wrote: Since you've been out of HS for 2 years, you should be able to do UMPI. They won't do an evaluation unless you apply, but if you post what you've done here then we can help with determining what will go where.

Ok, thanks. I've attached a Word doc of what I've done.

I have also been considering Tesu BSBA marketing which is why I've done upper level marketing classes at SDC. I may be interested in the upcoming UMPI marketing degree as well if the SDC classes transfer.

Attached Files
.docx   College Credits.docx (Size: 12.6 KB / Downloads: 21)
  • Novo
(04-24-2021, 05:09 PM)ima_get_a_degree Wrote:
(04-24-2021, 04:45 PM)rachel83az Wrote: Since you've been out of HS for 2 years, you should be able to do UMPI. They won't do an evaluation unless you apply, but if you post what you've done here then we can help with determining what will go where.

I have also been considering Tesu BSBA marketing which is why I've done upper level marketing classes at SDC. I may be interested in the upcoming UMPI marketing degree as well if the SDC classes transfer.

Can you list the course # for the Study.com classes?
Current Degree Programs:
MA in Social Science (conc. Sociology) - GSU - April 2025
M.Ed in Elementary Education - UoPeople - December 2026
Up Next 
Ph.D in Change Leadership in Equity and Inclusion (Higher Education) - UCA
Finished Degrees and Certificates: 
AAS Board of Governors - Pierpont Community & Technical College  8/2021
AS Business Administration (cum laude) -  Franklin University 9/2022
Grant Writing Certificate- Fort Hays State University - 11/2022
BS Social Science (cum laude) - Franklin University 12/2022

[-] The following 1 user Likes TINASAM's post:
  • ima_get_a_degree
(04-24-2021, 05:45 PM)TINASAM Wrote:
(04-24-2021, 05:09 PM)ima_get_a_degree Wrote:

Can you list the course # for the Study.com classes?

Sure!

International Business: Business 120
E-commerce: Business 202
Digital Marketing & Advertising: Business 309
Marketing Research: Marketing 301
Consumer Behavior: Marketing 302
Global Marketing: Marketing 303
  • Novo
Hello, I was considering applying to UMPI and was told to post what I've done so far on here for help determining where my credits will go. I've attached what college credits I've received so far below.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attached Files
.docx   College Credits.docx (Size: 12.6 KB / Downloads: 9)
  • Novo
Hmm... I don't think there's any difference for this post than the one you have here: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid335487

You really need to decide on a few things: 1) Degree and School you want to get this completed with
2) Are you going for financial aid?  Do you have tuition assistance/reimbursement or anything at all?
3) Have you considered what was mentioned in the previous thread, a BSBA/Masters or are you focusing on just a BSBA?
4) You have no RA credits, so practically the max you can transfer to any school, is 90 credits (except for Excelsior, 113).
5) Looking for Cheap/Easy/Fast?  Is there any specific order you're looking at?
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I've merged your two threads because they appear to be identical.

You might be interested in this thread: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...-for-3-222

Comparing what you've done to what ashkir suggests, you're missing: Introduction to Business & Art History from Sophia. At SDC, you should do Biology w/ Lab and Organizational Behavior. At InstantCert, you might want to do Managerial Accounting and Spanish I. You're quite close to 90 credits as it is, though. I would at least make sure to do biology!
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(04-24-2021, 06:49 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Hmm... I don't think there's any difference for this post than the one you have here: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid335487

You really need to decide on a few things: 1) Degree and School you want to get this completed with
2) Are you going for financial aid?  Do you have tuition assistance/reimbursement or anything at all?
3) Have you considered what was mentioned in the previous thread, a BSBA/Masters or are you focusing on just a BSBA?
4) You have no RA credits, so practically the max you can transfer to any school, is 90 credits (except for Excelsior, 113).
5) Looking for Cheap/Easy/Fast?  Is there any specific order you're looking at?

Oh sorry, I had a separate draft that I must have posted by accident?  Huh

1) I was planning on getting a marketing BSBA through TESU but due to the recent RA requirements I've been looking into UMPI. Possibly a UMPI Management & Leadership degree and then also doing the new UMPI marketing degree using my SDC credits in the marketing AOS?
2) Possibly, depending on if I qualify or not.
3) For now, I am just planning on a bachelor's degree. I see that the business degrees at UMPI are listed as BABA not BSBA, I'm not sure if that makes a substantial difference?
4) Yes, I would likely get RA credits through places like ASU and TEL if I went with TESU, but the costs and extra hassle might make UMPI the better option?
5) I mean, I would like it to be affordable. I also like to go through courses quickly. Not sure if there's a squarely easy option. ?

Thanks for your time!

(04-24-2021, 06:56 PM)rachel83az Wrote: I've merged your two threads because they appear to be identical.

You might be interested in this thread: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...-for-3-222

Comparing what you've done to what ashkir suggests, you're missing: Introduction to Business & Art History from Sophia. At SDC, you should do Biology w/ Lab and Organizational Behavior. At InstantCert, you might want to do Managerial Accounting and Spanish I. You're quite close to 90 credits as it is, though. I would at least make sure to do biology!

Thanks for merging the threads, not sure what happened. I do have Introduction to Business from Sophia, is Art History a requirement? Maybe I'll try managerial accounting at SDC as I'm currently in the middle of a subscription. I'm not sure if that will transfer though. I will definitely do Biology on SDC as I've read about ashkir's rough experience with the UMPI course!

Thanks for the help.
  • Novo

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Member with a UMPI Question colonelcamp 12 227 2 hours ago
Last Post: colonelcamp
  Degree planning help - UMPI BBA vs PUG BSBA crowbird 58 1,902 Yesterday, 12:31 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Dr Tree Man - BA in Psychology - UMPI YourPace Dr Tree Man 12 472 04-13-2024, 08:29 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  UMPI BLS Degree planning advice, need help huiwh1998 16 534 04-08-2024, 11:27 AM
  Review my plan for UMPI Psychology Major & Educational Studies Minor - Please :) RachelB 11 1,069 04-07-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  UMPI BABA Project Management with Zero Starting Credits ChickenEnjoyer 39 2,333 04-07-2024, 09:23 AM
Last Post: layermonkey
  UMPI Psy Degree Help Priszilla 12 921 04-06-2024, 04:37 PM
  Fastest & Easiest UMPI Bachelor's shawnette 8 373 04-05-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Graduate TAMUC>UMPI graduatemore 7 566 03-21-2024, 09:14 PM
  UMPI BABA Management & Leadership Plan Questions Aurelijus 10 529 03-21-2024, 05:09 PM