Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
UMPI & Sophia
I've been enrolled by Jessica into ENG 101 Written Communications and HUM 103 Creative and Critical Thinking. I'm still trying to figure out just how many courses I actually have in total, any sort of estimate?
[-] The following 1 user Likes portia8's post:
  • ashkir
(02-24-2021, 11:32 PM)portia8 Wrote: I've been enrolled by Jessica into ENG 101 Written Communications and HUM 103 Creative and Critical Thinking. I'm still trying to figure out just how many courses I actually have in total, any sort of estimate?

Did Jessica send you a full assessment of your degree? Of what transferred and what did not?

HUM 103 is very long but very easy.
(02-24-2021, 11:55 PM)ashkir Wrote:
(02-24-2021, 11:32 PM)portia8 Wrote: I've been enrolled by Jessica into ENG 101 Written Communications and HUM 103 Creative and Critical Thinking. I'm still trying to figure out just how many courses I actually have in total, any sort of estimate?

Did Jessica send you a full assessment of your degree? Of what transferred and what did not?

HUM 103 is very long but very easy.
The screenshot is of what I've received so far. I was quite surprised that she informed me that I was enrolled in classes as I have yet to even receive my account activation or actually made any sort of official final agreement. Now that the ball is actually rolling with enrollment I'm beginning to actually stress the course content funnily enough. But I guess I must just try my best even though this is my first time properly working with this kind of institute, especially the Apa style. But your progress has really motivated me through this process so I would have to thank you for your input on this forum!
I've finally gained access to my account and found my transcript. I'm still a little confused as at one point it says I have completed 84 out 120 but there seems to be a lot more courses listed.

Attached Files
.jpg   20210225_185029.jpg (Size: 238.69 KB / Downloads: 123)
.jpg   20210225_185008.jpg (Size: 341.18 KB / Downloads: 98)
.jpg   20210225_184921.jpg (Size: 283.29 KB / Downloads: 94)
[-] The following 1 user Likes portia8's post:
  • Pikachu

The 78 means that 78 credits have transferred in. You have 42 credits left to complete at UMPI. But you need to get that Sociology course and whatever you have left to finish on Sophia transferred. The will bring the remaining credits down. The email from your academic advisor should have the general electives on the bottom. You're welcome! I'm glad UMPI is working out for you. Smile

(02-25-2021, 11:56 AM)portia8 Wrote: I've finally gained access to my account and found my transcript. I'm still a little confused as at one point it says I have completed 84 out 120 but there seems to be a lot more courses listed.

Your transcripts will list out every single course whether or not they've transferred. They will also be listed even if they don't count towards your degree. It's like a credit bank. 
(02-25-2021, 12:15 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
The 78 means that 78 credits have transferred in. You have 42 credits left to complete at UMPI. But you need to get that Sociology course and whatever you have left to finish on Sophia transferred. The will bring the remaining credits down. The email from your academic advisor should have the general electives on the bottom. You're welcome! I'm glad UMPI is working out for you. Smile

(02-25-2021, 11:56 AM)portia8 Wrote: I've finally gained access to my account and found my transcript. I'm still a little confused as at one point it says I have completed 84 out 120 but there seems to be a lot more courses listed.

Your transcripts will list out every single course whether or not they've transferred. They will also be listed even if they don't count towards your degree. It's like a credit bank. 
Ah thank you you so much! So that's about 14 courses right? I really hope it does work out! I'm daunted by the thought of actually starting but I also am ready to get this degree finished! I hope everything works out for you too!
Your transcript evaluation screenshots are all that is required, it indicates to you that you are in progress to complete the final 2 courses worth 6 credits for transfer, no other courses can then be transferred into the program, you have 30 credits left all to be done with at UMPI. If you want to transfer more courses in, those would not count for the degree in question, it'll be just "extra". So, my suggestion is, complete the English and Hum course, then focus on all the UMPI you can handle!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(02-25-2021, 12:24 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Your transcript evaluation screenshots are all that is required, it indicates to you that you are in progress to complete the final 2 courses worth 6 credits for transfer, no other courses can then be transferred into the program, you have 30 credits left all to be done with at UMPI.  If you want to transfer more courses in, those would not count for the degree in question, it'll be just "extra".  So, my suggestion is, complete the English and Hum course, then focus on all the UMPI you can handle!
Thank you! Those two in progress courses are actually the two that they have already enrolled me for at UMPI! Its actually surprising to me that they enrolled me in courses before I've even accepted the financial terms and before I was even given access to my account. I'm not sure if my TEEX courses applied anywhere but it was worth it to send through. I always appreciate your insight on the forum.

With 84 credits complete, you have 12 courses left! Then you'll have your degree. Smile

I would NOT take any English classes outside of UMPI. They're much shorter and a lot less work at UMPI than at Study or Sophia. 
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • Pikachu
I was just wondering if anyone has done Bio 105? I'm not exactly sure how the the lab would work for me as I'm an intl student. Txs for any info!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are TEEX courses eligible for credits at UMPI? soulking 7 242 59 minutes ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UMPI BLS MISM VS Pierport then UMPI BAS k681 10 342 8 hours ago
Last Post: k681
  Bus 150 - Sophia didn't transfer layermonkey 3 156 04-13-2024, 07:13 PM
Last Post: layermonkey
  UMPI Minor Question WayToGoGrad 6 264 04-09-2024, 09:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  New considering UMPI but…. manyoptions4me 54 5,185 04-09-2024, 09:34 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Full list of sophia courses that will transfer? And any Major recs? hexclep 1 183 04-07-2024, 06:10 PM
  Sophia to UMPI Transcript wowzers 9 370 04-06-2024, 01:19 PM
  Micro bio, Sophia learningthehardway 10 263 04-05-2024, 12:09 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  UMPI Class Review Master Thread RbxFunRocks 96 61,820 04-01-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: ivanswk78
Rainbow GEC Critical & Creative Thinking Learning Objective D - Sophia equivalents? mythomagician 2 190 03-27-2024, 07:59 PM